Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Mycorrhizal Fungi, whats it all about

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Same deal really BG, I cant find the exact amounts or list of active ingredients but its states 8 different types of Endo Mycorrhizal Fungi which is great and 2 of these are very likely the Glom. In and the Glom. M, and there are likely other types of mycorrhizal fungi in there that may have a benefit to the soil itself.

I simply dont know enough to be sure...

but when considering a targeted Mycorrhizal inoculant powder Id consider the ingredients and spores in it

The ecothrive is an allround excellent product for those with out access to brewing equipment or worm castings. That is my opinion based on discussions ive had with growers here and from the description which makes reasonable and evidence based claims... Again JMO for what its worth
    When brewing with worm castings do we create these ?????????

in a green and pleasant land

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Gaz (09-05-19), GEORGE (09-05-19), lipnobody (10-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    When brewing with worm castings do we create these ?????????

in a green and pleasant land
    No I don't think so but check with Redz,

Im pretty sure once we have established a Mycorrhizal colony in our beds, other than dusting beans, adding more MF to the soil is a waste. Again check this with Redz, but I wont be adding anymore MF now other than inoculanting the beans.

Obviously that's for those re using soil beds

Fresh soil would need colonisation again.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

British green (09-05-19), GEORGE (11-05-19), lipnobody (10-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

The ecothrive has value for the microbe element IMO but if I had access to good quality worm castings, a brewer, top dress ammendments and a good mulch and I wouldnt bother with it... jMo

But then I top dress dandelions pmsl lol

Fermenting is the next step for me now really... Gulp... Soon
    Last edited by Gaz; 09-05-19 at 12:38 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-05-19), lipnobody (10-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Ok, as I suspected, the Mycorrhizal spores associated most strongly with crimson clover are glomus mosseae and glomus tenue (Fine' and 'coarse' mycorrhizal fungi on red clover plants in acid soils: Root colonization and plant responses
    J. ARINES, A. VILARIÑO and MARIA SAINZ
    Plant and Soil
    Vol. 111, No. 1 (September 1988), pp. 135-145 .)

So the clover shares the common spore with the canna but that spore would not be present in the Mykos.
    Therefore, on that basis and argument could be made for the product with the highest Glomus intraradices and Glomus mosseae and the least of anything else when using Alfalfa and crimson clover.

We are now in the realms of targeted Mycorrhizal mixtures to match companion crops.... I LOVE THIS

But I am now looking for a product containing only Glomus M to blend with the Mykos
    thanks fer this gaz
    n yup a targeted myco for a vast covercrop including canna would be amazballs dude an all in one
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

Gaz (10-05-19), GEORGE (11-05-19)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7