Thread: Viparspectra 600w LED V600 model

Thanks

Default Viparspectra 600w LED V600 model

Hi fellow growers,

I'm just trying my first grow using a Viparspectra LED. I I've done many grows before but used a 400w HPS for the initial veg period and then switching the bulb for a 600w during flower. My yields haven't been anything outstanding but I've been happy enough. Usually averaged out at 1/2 gram per watt with either 4 or 6 plants in Coco Coir. Topping with some trimming of excessive leaves in week 3 and a general lollipop on them.

I have a 3ft x 3ft grow tent and just use Sensi grow followed up with Sensi Bloom during flower, Big bud with a dose of PK 13/14 around week 5 and Calmag when required.

Same feeding schedule again but i've pushed my luck this time with nine plants. Those being some Indicas and Hybrid strains.. Super Cheese, Big Bud, Trainwreck and Gelato #41. I'm using a scrog and the canopy us looking good and pretty even. I have switched to flower much earlier than ever before, when the plants were approx 12"-14" inches tall with around 7 or so nodes.. They are around 24-30" now after the stretch.

I realise there is no way the LED can adequately cover an area this large so have been shifting the light from back to front of the tent several times in the 12hr light period to give all the plants the highest light penetration possible for at least several hours. Im just starting week 6 and tbh they seem to be doing okay.. I know I will find out how successful this has been in a few weeks. Obviously will have a good indication in the last couple of weeks when the buds would usually start to bulk out as they always do.

I've read that the Viparspectra are decent budget lights for the money but do lack somewhat in the Red spectrum.

I'm wondering if it would be worth taking out the LED in those last couple of weeks and using the 600w HPS. Would it possibly make an appreciable difference to yield/density at such a late stage?

Also, if I continued using the LED until the end, as I would rather tbh for saving on electricity costs, but wasn't entirely satisfied. Would I be better selling the 600w model and getting the 900w or instead purchasing a 450w and using both LED lights alongside each other for better coverage/more light to hopefully obtain better yields. I have the LED about 400mm from canopy but the plants don't seem to be suffering from any light burn. Is it a bit low? Sorry for all the questions but this LED technology is all new to me. I would know what to expect from the good old tried and tested sodium bulbs. Thanks for any help and advice..

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to philipg1969 For This Useful Post:

Danno (15-12-19), GEORGE (19-01-19)