Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Primes 2019 loft build

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,068 Times

Fair play mate. I just run cross beams and then boarded over them. Going the whole hog on this. I salute you. I used kingspan for mine, I had it for next to nothing though so it made sense. And it is pretty good too. Loft is freezing, room is toasty. Wish I had an unused chimney to vent to. I’m venting into the en suite and keeping the window a jar to let it out that way. And praying no Mold appears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-01-19), prime (21-01-19), Valentina (09-02-20), WF420 (15-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,830 Times

Well it's been a fair old while since I updated this post. I'm happy to say that for once, my plans came to pass.
    It took a while to get all the bits together but I managed to get it all done and now I have a large loft grow room, seperate veg and flower chambers, extraction and intake through chimneys ( seperate flues, one out one in).
    It is insulated with bubble foil/ 20mm rockwool/ tarpaulin/ mylar. The ceiling is also bubble foiled again. Time will tell whether it's enough to keep the frost on in winter, but I hope so. I have a 150 ruck extraction, air cooling my two 600 parabolics. I have a 100mm ruck, sucking cool air in, with an odorsok fabric carbon filter as a filter against chimney dirt.
    My veg/ prop area is 2.5 ft X 3.5 ft, there is a similar sized area for storage and the loft access.
    My flower area is almost 7ft x 7ft. Currently I have 8 plants under the two parabolics and they look like my best ever. Temps can get quite high though, leaf temps of 27c. Defo need LEDs at some point. Gonna be expensive though : (
    At night it still gets chilly, dropping down to 10c, so come late flower I'll need to move the dehumidifier up there to warm it and reduce the chance of bud rot.
    I have 4 strains, lemon haze, cheese, tangilope and a small critical super silver haze in a 3 litre air pot. Tangilopes are in 18 litre fabric pots and haze and cheese in 30 litre fabric pots. Bat mix and biobizz, organics all the way.

Come again, sorry I don't have build pics

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-11-19), IceCalibur (14-11-19), Valentina (09-02-20), WF420 (15-11-19)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Well it's been a fair old while since I updated this post. I'm happy to say that for once, my plans came to pass.
    It took a while to get all the bits together but I managed to get it all done and now I have a large loft grow room, seperate veg and flower chambers, extraction and intake through chimneys ( seperate flues, one out one in).
    It is insulated with bubble foil/ 20mm rockwool/ tarpaulin/ mylar. The ceiling is also bubble foiled again. Time will tell whether it's enough to keep the frost on in winter, but I hope so. I have a 150 ruck extraction, air cooling my two 600 parabolics. I have a 100mm ruck, sucking cool air in, with an odorsok fabric carbon filter as a filter against chimney dirt.
    My veg/ prop area is 2.5 ft X 3.5 ft, there is a similar sized area for storage and the loft access.
    My flower area is almost 7ft x 7ft. Currently I have 8 plants under the two parabolics and they look like my best ever. Temps can get quite high though, leaf temps of 27c. Defo need LEDs at some point. Gonna be expensive though : (
    At night it still gets chilly, dropping down to 10c, so come late flower I'll need to move the dehumidifier up there to warm it and reduce the chance of bud rot.
    I have 4 strains, lemon haze, cheese, tangilope and a small critical super silver haze in a 3 litre air pot. Tangilopes are in 18 litre fabric pots and haze and cheese in 30 litre fabric pots. Bat mix and biobizz, organics all the way.

Very nice prime, well done man..and those LEDs will be a great investment for summer time up the loft for sure

Girls looking very healthy as always.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-11-19), prime (15-11-19), Valentina (09-02-20), WF420 (15-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,563 Times

Sounds and looks like you’ve done a banging job here mate. Some lovely good girls you have.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-11-19), prime (15-11-19), Valentina (09-02-20), WF420 (15-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Very nice prime, well done man..and those LEDs will be a great investment for summer time up the loft for sure

Girls looking very healthy as always.
    Cheers mate.
    It's also got a cold water tap, I removed old cold tank and used the supply, and added plastic push fit pipe and brass tap to suit. Only thing I lack is a waste water drain, but can't have everything eh. I really need to tidy my electrics too. They are safe but im running an extension from bedroom, through loft hatch which looks suspicious. Just need to drill hole and clip it in a more inconspicuous place.
    I think there is no way I could grow in summer with the HPS. Even the last few days of summer when the build was in progress it was still warm. Laser thermometer was a good purchase. I also need to go up before lights on one morning and see if I have any cold bridges, to let me know if the insulation is still where it's supposed to be.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-11-19), IceCalibur (15-11-19), Valentina (09-02-20), WF420 (15-11-19)

Thanks

And yes mate, the girls are stunning, thank you. H and g batmix, and fed potsil silicon and biobizz nutes. Also the mycorr hydro for beneficial mycorr and bacterial beasts. Can't fault the stuff mate.
    Without the potsil the pH would be far too low for my liking, with just the biobizz bloom, algamic and topmax. Comes in at 5.6 but with potsil first it's a nice 6.5

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-11-19), IceCalibur (15-11-19), Valentina (09-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LewisR19 View Post
    Sounds and looks like you’ve done a banging job here mate. Some lovely good girls you have.
    Thanks mate. Was a pain in the arse to build, but well worth it.
    I was lucky that a mate gave me an old 2x2 tent to reuse the mylar. The floor is covered with a tarp and the tent mylar flooring, so nice and water proof.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-11-19), IceCalibur (15-11-19), Valentina (09-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,563 Times

Thanks mate. Was a pain in the arse to build, but well worth it.
    I was lucky that a mate gave me an old 2x2 tent to reuse the mylar. The floor is covered with a tarp and the tent mylar flooring, so nice and water proof.

I’d love a loft grow room, but the mrs won’t let me no matter what I say

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-11-19), IceCalibur (15-11-19), prime (15-11-19), Valentina (09-02-20)

Thanks

I’m in the middle of building mine mate. Did you kings pan all the way down to the eaves or just where the grow space is

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Growmandave For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-02-20), Valentina (09-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Growmandave View Post
    I’m in the middle of building mine mate. Did you kings pan all the way down to the eaves or just where the grow space is
    Also have a look at this thread

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ilds-an-igloo-

I am considering that myself!
    Last edited by Valentina; 09-02-20 at 11:49 PM.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-02-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2