Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First flowering, leaves are worrying me

Thanks

Default First flowering, leaves are worrying me

Hi all,

1st grow, just one plant that was given to me by an ex, was being grown on a window sill, was about 30cm when I adopted her, she's been resurrected more times than Dracula,

I'm at a disadvantage as I have NO idea wtf im doing (seriously lol) have totally no idea even what strain it is, its DEFINATELY not an autoflowering one and it's female lol

I bought a grow tent and kit (not just for her, was thinking about starting a little grow) so Ive been trying to keep her alive and I've somehow taken her to flowering,

I've got so far I dont want all the time and effort to go to waste, I'm growing organic, im using maily Biobizz nutes,

Can any one see what my problem maybe and suggestions please, posted some pics to see what you think,

Cheers

Rob

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marksman1933 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-01-19), Priapus (22-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,482 Times

Im no expert, but it looks like nutrient burn to me. The leaves are also extremely dark-another sign of too high nutrient feeding. How much and how often do you feed? Also, some other info would help. Type of lights, temperatures, exact nutrients used etc

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (10-09-19), GEORGE (24-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-01-19)

Thanks

Also, welcome to THCTALK! The folks here can help you get your next grow running beautifully if you stick around

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (10-09-19), GEORGE (24-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priapus View Post
    Im no expert, but it looks like nutrient burn to me. The leaves are also extremely dark-another sign of too high nutrient feeding. How much and how often do you feed? Also, some other info would help. Type of lights, temperatures, exact nutrients used etc
    HI,

I nute feed every time, Im using (per ltr) 4ml Grow, 5ml Comfrey tea or Organic Seaweed Fertalizer, 2ml Bud Candy, I don have the whole Biobizz family and may, once week use one feed with Heaven, Al ga mac and Aloe,

I was feeding every 3rd day, so twice a week, she doesnt seem to be drinking much, I have a 1 gallon pot and when I water im lucky to use 1.75lts,

Im in a rut, I know I shouldnt nute feed every time BUT I dont know how often to feed everything, so I get fruatrated and end up just doing the same thing,

Im using a 450w LED, it's got the Veg and bloom oprion which ive turned on for veg and for bloom but I've heard I shoild put her on full spectrum for the flowering phase (which I havent dones yet),

Anything else please let me know and thanks forgetting back to me m8

B

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marksman1933 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-01-19)

Thanks

Easiest way to know when to feed is to let the plant help you.If they are a little pale, up the feed, if the leaves are very dark, cut way back on it. More nutrients can often have the opposite effect from what you want. They will stunt the plant and slow growth if too much is given. Definitely seems like too much feed. Give her nothing but water for a week, then if it starts to improve, give 1/4 strenght feed, and increase to half the following week.

Also a one gallon pot is extremely, extremely small. Most would suggest 2,3 or 4 gallons.

I would turn on the full spectrum now-you are into flower.

Take nothing i said as gospel More experienced folk will chip in in the morning im sure.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-01-19), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (24-01-20)

Thanks

I messed up with the pot size, its a 3 gallon smart pot,

I never knew that about the colour of the leaves, very good bit of info there, you'd always think nice deep green leaves was best!!!

I cant let this one die on me now, she's later so well.you, wouldnt believe the stressed situations she's seen put through and the places she's been before I was united with her lol,

I am going to turn on full spectrum tonight

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marksman1933 For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (10-09-19), GEORGE (24-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-01-19), Priapus (22-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marksman1933 View Post
    I messed up with the pot size, its a 3 gallon smart pot,

I never knew that about the colour of the leaves, very good bit of info there, you'd always think nice deep green leaves was best!!!

I cant let this one die on me now, she's later so well.you, wouldnt believe the stressed situations she's seen put through and the places she's been before I was united with her lol,

I am going to turn on full spectrum tonight

3 gallons should be fine. Thats what i use for my autos.
    The leaf colour isnt foolproof, some strains can be darker than others, but it is a good indicator. The issue is definitely too much feed. You should still get a good smoke off it. Can we see a pic of the whole plant? An essential piece of kit of a thermometer/hygrometer for measuring humidity and temps. You can get a good one for about 20 quid that will keep a record of the high and low temps and humidity for you.

As a plant flowers, humidity needs to drop to below 50%, otherwise you run a risk of getting mould/bud rot.

plants can bounce back from stressful situations-my last harvest, the seedlings were on a windowsill for 3 weeks and looked like shit, still got nearly 2oz per plant
    Last edited by Priapus; 22-01-19 at 12:33 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (22-01-19), GEORGE (24-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-01-19)

Thanks

Gi,

Yeah no problem but shes sleeping until 6pm, so I'll send you one then

So do you think I should flush her, she's due to be fead this evening but rather than overfeeding her Id rather know what to do, plus would I still be get some smoke still or have I ruined it lol

Thanks so much

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marksman1933 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-01-19), Priapus (22-01-19)

Thanks

No feed! Just water. No need to flush, just water normally. But only water. Do that, and give her the full spectrum light and you should see a big improvement. Also, how close is the light to the top of the plant?

No-you havnt ruined it at all. It will bounce back , and in a few weeks youll be stoned out of it

Think about a plant like a marathon runner. Yes, you need food for energy, but eat a 4 course meal before the race, and you'll be finishing last. Same with plants. Too much feed is worse than too little. There is usually enough nutrients in biobizz to get a plant from seed pretty much right through to harvest. The feed is to ensure it has enough for massive buds etc.
    Last edited by Priapus; 22-01-19 at 12:47 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-01-19)

Thanks

Thats great, thanks so much, how long to use just water for, the rest of the grow?

I've looked at the trichomes and they're still very clear (I was worrying she was going to be ready to harvest in 2 weeks and Ive hardly any buds or swollen size ones,

My LED is about 12" above the top, my tents not tall enough to move it higher, maybe 1" or 2" max, I bought this tent to use primarily for autoflowers once I've sorted this one,

Thanks again, your helps much appreciated

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marksman1933 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-01-19), Priapus (23-01-19)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast