Thread: Attempting to return an RVK fan (advice req)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,219 Times

Default Attempting to return an RVK fan (advice req)

Hi all. My RVK lost a lot of extraction power and it was around the time I used one of those cheap fan controllers. Figured I could get a replacement as is only a few months old but seller has just stated this:

Also asking I close the PayPal claim, which I opened last night because they ignored my messages via eBay for so long. Funny how they respond fast now lol. But yeah, do I have a leg to stand on, is he correct about the warranty being void if I run on a shit controller? Not keen on closing the claim before it's sorted as it's my last resort and won't be able to reopen a claim after it's closed...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kudos For This Useful Post:

gardro (22-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,542 Times

I cant see how they are able to tell if its been used on a particular type of fan controler ???

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pablo For This Useful Post:

gardro (22-01-19), kudos (22-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Just quote Consumer Rights Act 2015

I am returning the faulty goods to you within 6 months so you (the retailer) have the burden of proof to show the item was not faulty when it was sold to me

That will diffuse his argument entirely

Current diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-Sun-Led-Kit

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Karsa (22-01-19), kudos (22-01-19), M_C (22-01-19), Priapus (22-01-19), Subterranean Man (22-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

kudos (22-01-19), Priapus (22-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    sounds like they gona fuck you over either way mukka,
    Sure seems like they're going to say either way "manufacturer says the warranty is void" blah blah so I might have to start being a dickhead to them about it lol. Request proof from manufacturer etc and refuse to close the claim until it's been sorted. As long as you guys think I have the right to a replacement. Hasn't died completely just barely got any power, suction on it is poopy

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kudos For This Useful Post:

gardro (22-01-19), Priapus (22-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by kudos View Post
    Sure seems like they're going to say either way "manufacturer says the warranty is void" blah blah so I might have to start being a dickhead to them about it lol. Request proof from manufacturer etc and refuse to close the claim until it's been sorted. As long as you guys think I have the right to a replacement. Hasn't died completely just barely got any power, suction on it is poopy

Quote Originally Posted by kudos View Post

He's a retailer and the manufacturer has got nothing to do with you. You are not claiming under warranty, you are returning faulty goods. Contract with hydro shop

Go to their website, find same/similar fan controller and ask him which fans they are for exactly.

Last killer blow, ask him why RVK say speed can be controlled by phase angle control in their specifications

You are willing to overlook his lies in attempt to deny you rights providing he offers a full and unconditional refund

Current diary

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Karsa (22-01-19), kudos (22-01-19), Priapus (22-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    He's a retailer and the manufacturer has got nothing to do with you. You are not claiming under warranty, you are returning faulty goods. Contract with hydro shop

Go to their website, find same/similar fan controller and ask him which fans they are for exactly.

Last killer blow, ask him why RVK say speed can be controlled by phase angle control in their specifications

You are willing to overlook his lies in attempt to deny you rights providing he offers a full and unconditional refund

Current diary
    You da best

Will formulate a reply to him after I'm done working thank you

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kudos For This Useful Post:

gardro (22-01-19), WF420 (22-01-19)