Thread: Mini tent

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,948 Times

Default Mini tent

So I’ve acquired some lights, they were originally used for a fish tank. 6, 3ft fluorescent bulbs (I can’t remember off the top of my head each bulbs wattage but I worked out in total it was 238w or 248w I think) I’ve tried using them once to grow in my cupboard but that didn’t end well... the autos never made it past their second set of leaves before a month and a half. I guessed it was my walls weren’t reflecting the light properly. But I have been using them to start my plants in my tent, they seem to work well in the tent but I guess that’s because it’s designed to be reflective. So I was thinking about getting a 3ft x 2ft x 4 or 5 ft tent to run a couple of autos in seeing as those lights run for pennies, might as well make use of em.
    I’ve seen some annexe ones and half sized ones for lofts but my original tent only cost me £48 so I’m not an expert on value for money when I look at tents. So I wondered if anyone has bought a half height tent for something similar? How much should I be paying? And What’s a decent brand that’s not too flimsy?
    Would be cool to get a second tent running... although I think I’d just let them do their own thing, super soil and keep them small

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

Gaz (23-01-19), GEORGE (23-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

I grow in a secret jardin DP90... it's 3ft (w) x 2ft (d) and 3ft high... short.
    Can just about squeeze two autos in but with training keeping em low they get pretty bushy.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Gaz (23-01-19), GEORGE (23-01-19), Itslittyofc (23-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    I grow in a secret jardin DP90... it's 3ft (w) x 2ft (d) and 3ft high... short.
    Can just about squeeze two autos in but with training keeping em low they get pretty bushy.
    That sounds perfect for me mate, thought I was being a little bit picky with not having it 3x3x3 because I just don’t have the extra foot of room in the grow lol. But think your right on the money there mate, from looking online I think that might be my best choice

Thanks

I have to admit, I'd go a ft or two taller if I could as I was always stressing about the stretch and distance to light. But your light sounds a lot slimmer than the giant bulbs with reflectors I was using on my last grow and the 1st half of my current grow. I've since started using bespoke Led lights which has helped... I can actually move the plants without lights getting caught on em. Still learning what they can do but I have high hopes

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Itslittyofc (24-01-19)

Thanks

Just thought... have you checked the light spectrum of those bulbs? They're prob not right for flowering. Could be why you hit issues last time. I think it's 6500k for veg and 2700k during flowering

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Itslittyofc (24-01-19)

Thanks

I’ll get a quick photo, I remember replacing all the bulbs when I first got em because they said it had been at least a year since they were put in... I’m pretty sure I bought 3 2700 and 3 6500, they have individual plugs and turn on individually

Thanks

I have tried looking up the name of the lights to see if anyone made a grow diary or any kind of post about using them as grow lights but I can’t seem to find anything

Thanks

It’s bright as hell though, pretty sure I just woke my neighbours up turning that on lol. My misses was out back and thought I blew something up when they went on lol, needa get something better than blinds in my hallway