Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: From coco to RDWC

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,883 Times

Default From coco to RDWC

Ok so I’m going to try another method of growing.

Project in the making but here is what I’m going to get

2.4x2x2 tent

All extraction is going to be systemair.

Lights will be 4 x 600hps and maybe add some 315s into the mix during late flower.

I have a chiller already.

All I need to think long and hard about is do I buy a system or build one.

Are the store bought ones pipes too small and clog up a lot?

Heard you rotate the plants to stop them getting sucked into the pipes, what happens when the plants go into flower and they too big?

Any advice much appreciated before I get fully stuck into it all.

Cheers
    Done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

GasMan (25-01-19), GEORGE (26-01-19), Ginger-bud (04-02-19), JB (25-01-19), tom222 (02-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,068 Times

Percy has an alien setup and produces some good results might be worth dropping in on his diary and having a chat mate! Look forward to it whatever way you go. Can’t beat a bit of diy imo though

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

Done420 (25-01-19), GEORGE (26-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Build one buddy . A premade system can run you a thousand + .

Get some quality heavy duty food grade buckets . 1 1/2 PVC or ABS Bulkhead fittings . If ya using abs pipe with pvc fittings or vice versa you will need transition plumber grade pipe cement .

For your distribution and top sprinkler/aerator . You will want 3/8 to 1/2" food grade hose . With balancing valves on each to control the flow .

Or you can make individual buckets without recirculation if you have multiple strains .

Dont forget an good high capacity air pump with good stones and a valved manifold to regulate air flow to each stone . I like the flat 6" air stones as they distribute air flow quite nicely troughout whole bucket .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Done420 (25-01-19), GasMan (25-01-19), GEORGE (26-01-19), JB (25-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Build one buddy . A premade system can run you a thousand + .

Get some quality heavy duty food grade buckets . 1 1/2 PVC or ABS Bulkhead fittings . If ya using abs pipe with pvc fittings or vice versa you will need transition plumber grade pipe cement .

For your distribution and top sprinkler/aerator . You will want 3/8 to 1/2" food grade hose . With balancing valves on each to control the flow .

Or you can make individual buckets without recirculation if you have multiple strains .

Dont forget an good high capacity air pump with good stones and a valved manifold to regulate air flow to each stone . I like the flat 6" air stones as they distribute air flow quite nicely troughout whole bucket .

Wtf really? The ones I seen were about 550 for 6 pot system :/

What is a top sprinkler/ distribution ?

Totally new to this side of things so it’s going to be a learning what’s what and build/buy then grow thread lol

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-01-19), JB (25-01-19), Trex (25-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Done420 View Post
    Wtf really? The ones I seen were about 550 for 6 pot system :/

What is a top sprinkler/ distribution ?

Totally new to this side of things so it’s going to be a learning what’s what and build/buy then grow thread lol

The top sprinkler aerates and recycles your water from the top then recirculates back to the res via the bottom 1 1/2" pipes .

I built my own . But im a plumber and do this shit day in day out lol

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Done420 (25-01-19), GEORGE (26-01-19), JB (25-01-19)

Thanks

The top sprinkler aerates and recycles your water from the top then recirculates back to the res via the bottom 1 1/2" pipes .

I built my own . But im a plumber and do this shit day in day out lol

I’m Or8 at doing this sort of stuff, it’s just the guidance on starting it all out and stuff

What would you go for in that size tent? Max I thought was 6 but would you go 4 and space them out so they can grow bigger ?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I’m Or8 at doing this sort of stuff, it’s just the guidance on starting it all out and stuff

What would you go for in that size tent? Max I thought was 6 but would you go 4 and space them out so they can grow bigger ?

In a 1.2 tent i wouldnt do more then 4 .top and Train them outwards til your space is filled up horizontally . Then flip to flower .
    In dwc though they can grow Monsterous so do a run and youll get a feel for it .

My last dwc i got 12 oz per plant in a 1.2 test . Barely made it height wise .

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GasMan (27-01-19), GEORGE (26-01-19), JB (25-01-19)

Thanks

In a 1.2 tent i wouldnt do more then 4 .top and Train them outwards til your space is filled up horizontally . Then flip to flower .
    In dwc though they can grow Monsterous so do a run and youll get a feel for it .

My last dwc i got 12 oz per plant in a 1.2 test . Barely made it height wise .

Bloody hell thats nuxe going, yeah I’ve read that they develop silly quick. What’s the longest you gone in veg before flip and was it easy to manage the canopy?

I was hoping with the bigger tent I’d be able to have a little space to move about in

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Bloody hell thats nuxe going, yeah I’ve read that they develop silly quick. What’s the longest you gone in veg before flip and was it easy to manage the canopy?

I was hoping with the bigger tent I’d be able to have a little space to move about in

I topped then worked the branches out .supercropping also . The tapping ties to the lid and away we went lol .

They were cuts . I rekon 3 weeks and she was ready for flip .

Its will be your firzt time youll make a few mistakez along the way . This system is the least forgiving of them all eh . One little fuck up and you can kill your plants .

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-01-19), JB (25-01-19)

Thanks

I topped then worked the branches out .supercropping also . The tapping ties to the lid and away we went lol .

They were cuts . I rekon 3 weeks and she was ready for flip .

Its will be your firzt time youll make a few mistakez along the way . This system is the least forgiving of them all eh . One little fuck up and you can kill your plants .

That’s why I’d wanna get it rite from the start so I don’t mess up, get everything in place. I know there is problems with everything but I always think set up rite and you 95% there

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast