Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: From coco to RDWC

Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 737 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Looking great mate. I like the fact that you have added a long piece of large diameter return from your T at the end. I just went with small diameter tube straight from the T and roots from the end tubs traveled down the larger pipe and partially blocked the smaller return tube.

My other mistake was using clear air hose (sorry wish I had brought it up earlier) the light travels down these like a fibre optic and straight into your tubs causing slime and root rot. I would cover the last 8-12 inches of the tube in black tape.

Light ingress into your tubs is your worst enemy which I found out to my cost getting root rot.
    Cheers for the advise mate I’ll deffo do that, I thought about taping up nearer to the bucket as I thought light would get in like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

tom222 (28-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,247 Times in 5,181 Posts

Cracking job, mate! Loving the OCD pipework
    ----------------------------------------------------
    RDWC diary under IS quantum boards (mentored by British green) https://bit.ly/2VjQGYy

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

Done420 (28-03-19), tom222 (28-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,595 Times in 1,589 Posts

I would also cut some covers out to stop light getting in through your clay pebbles. You can buy them, but they are easily made I used bubble insulation material

If you intend to use any kind of support net or scrog the plants will grow against it and move and lift your net pots sometimes by more than an inch. If you haven't bought your net pots yet go for the ones with a big collar from the rim down. The ones I have only have an 1/2 inch collar but the better ones have a 2 inch collar.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

6. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

tom222 (28-03-19)

Thanks

I would also cut some covers out to stop light getting in through your clay pebbles. You can buy them, but they are easily made I used bubble insulation material

If you intend to use any kind of support net or scrog the plants will grow against it and move and lift your net pots sometimes by more than an inch. If you haven't bought your net pots yet go for the ones with a big collar from the rim down. The ones I have only have an 1/2 inch collar but the better ones have a 2 inch collar.
    Collar as in the bit that just lips over the lid to stop it falling through? Mines only about 10mm

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

tom222 (28-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Done420 View Post
    Cheers for the advise mate I’ll deffo do that, I thought about taping up nearer to the bucket as I thought light would get in like.

Yea the last 8 inches or more just as it goes into your tub then a bit around the hole.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

tom222 (28-03-19)

Thanks

Collar as in the bit that just lips over the lid to stop it falling through? Mines only about 10mm

No mate below the rim between where the mesh of the pot meets the rim. the bit that will be inside of your tub. I have 8 " net pots and they have lifted and tipped all over the place.

Thanks

No mate below the rim between where the mesh of the pot meets the rim. the bit that will be inside of your tub. I have 8 " net pots and they have lifted and tipped all over the place.
    Mine are only small so can imagine I’ll have a problem lol

Thanks

If you don't use a support net your plants will fall over, if you do, they will lift. If I have time I will post a photo of mine and how they have moved and lifted.

By the looks of things you have checked to make sure everything is level, mine are in an old out building and the floor was 2" out of level from front pot to last a real nightmare. The only solution is to lift your tubs to level or put shims in between your net pots.
    Last edited by toblue; 28-03-19 at 09:13 AM.

Thanks

If you don't use a support net your plants will fall over, if you do, they will lift. If I have time I will post a photo of mine and how they have moved and lifted.
    Ok pal nice one, I will be putting a net over them....once it’s over I wouldn’t be taking the lids off anymore so they can just be kept shut and the net pot screwed down to the lid

Thanks

By the looks of things you have checked to make sure everything is level, mine are in an old out building and the floor was 2" out of level from front pot to last a real nightmare. The only solution is to lift your tubs to level or put shims in between your net pots

Thanks

By the looks of things you have checked to make sure everything is level, mine are in an old out building and the floor was 2" out of level from front pot to last a real nightmare. The only solution is to lift your tubs to level or put shims in between your net pots
    It’s not that bad tbf and there is a little fall going to the back pots so I should be ok.

Thanks

It’s not that bad tbf and there is a little fall going to the back pots so I should be ok.

If it's less than 1/2" or so it should be ok. Personally if you have a fall towards the back I would set your nutrient level from the front, you are better with the level a little low than to high especially IF YOU HAVE ROCKWOOL IN THERE

Thanks

If it's less than 1/2" or so it should be ok. Personally if you have a fall towards the back I would set your nutrient level from the front, you are better with the level a little low than to high especially IF YOU HAVE ROCKWOOL IN THERE
    I’ll have rockwool in there but I doubt I’ll go that high with the water level anyways as it would then come out the holes for the air lines

Thanks

I’ll have rockwool in there but I doubt I’ll go that high with the water level anyways as it would then come out the holes for the air lines

I have a little weight hanging on string in my epicenter to help keep an eye on the level I have it set at about 1/2" under the nets and let the level drop to a good inch as the plants get older, not saying that is the correct way to do it Just the way I do.

Thanks

I have a little weight hanging on string in my epicenter to help keep an eye on the level I have it set at about 1/2" under the nets and let the level drop to a good inch as the plants get older, not saying that is the correct way to do it Just the way I do.
    I did think about just getting a measuring stick and fill up from my flexi tank as I know what will be in there and at specific levels mark off on the stick so I know what the levels are at all times

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

tom222 (28-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhIpLaSh View Post
    Cracking job, mate! Loving the OCD pipework
    Cheers matey

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

tom222 (28-03-19), WhIpLaSh (28-03-19)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9