Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: From coco to RDWC

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,487 Times

Interesting stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to widowsmite For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (27-01-19), Done420 (27-01-19), GasMan (27-01-19), GEORGE (27-01-19), Ginger-bud (27-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Done420 View Post
    Awesome mate I’ll take a look and what do you mean by sterile or live?

If you run sterile you will need to add something to kill all of the bacteria (Silver bullet) in your system if you run live you will add beneficial bacteria (Hydroguard).

Hydroguard improves the quality and size of your crop by utilising a strain of bacteria known as Bacillus amyloliquefaciens. This colony of beneficial bacteria has been bred to play a number of key roles, triggering natural defence systems, breaking down organic materials for plants to use as food (in a similar way to enzymes), while increasing nutrient availability. The result is an additive that dramatically enhances root health, for all-round stronger plants.

A fast-acting and extremely potent bacillus root inoculant
    Certified by OMRI as being fully organic
    Used extensively in the agricultural industry
    Helps plants to utilise dissolved mineral feeds more readily
    Protects against root diseases like pythium
    Doesn’t produce biofilms that can clog up equipment
    Guaranteed to be active two years after the packaging date
    Heightens plants' resistance to pests and diseases
    Concentrated formula - used at only 0.5ml per litre
    Contains
    1 x bottle of Hydroguard (choose your size above)

How Hydroguard Works
    Hydroguard contains a strain of bacteria known as bacillus amyloliquefaciens. Once applied to the substrate, the bacteria quickly colonise the rhizosphere, increasing nutrient uptake while helping to breakdown dead roots and other organic materials. It is known to actively combat pathogenic bacteria like ralstonia solanacearum, pythium, rhizoctonia solani, alternaria tenuissima and fusarium.

Many forms of beneficial bacteria can make big promises without actually delivering. That’s because beneficial microbes can often get killed off in transit, before the packaging has even been opened! Botanicare guarantee you that the integrity of the microorganisms in Hydroguard will remain pristine for a full two years after the date on the package. Just make sure that you use it up within six months of opening.

Some microbial additives can take a long time to really take effect, reducing their overall impact on plants. The bacteria in Hydroguard get to work in double-quick time, colonising the root-zone shortly after being added. This makes Hydrogaurd more cost-effective than much of the competition, showing better results in shorter time periods.

Root diseases can wreak havoc in your indoor garden in a disturbingly short space of time. By the time the signs of sickness are visible above ground level, there will already be considerable damage below ground. Hydroponic setups, with a shared reservoir are particularly at risk because diseases can take hold and spread to every plant's roots like wildfire. Normal peroxide can treat root diseases very effectively but, it only stays active in a system for a very short space of time. Silver Bullet Roots changes all that, creating a disinfectant that lasts for around 5 weeks and can be used as preventative measure or on-going treatment. This will ensure root diseases never get a hold on your plants roots in the first place as.

Silver Bullet. Kills 99.99% fungi, spores, bacteria, viruses, protozoa and algae
    Breaks down and removes Bioflim
    Non-toxic and non-corrosive, won’t damage your plants
    Promotes oxygen around the roots, keeping them healthy
    Cost effective as only a low dosage required
    Stays active in your tank for up to 5 weeks
    Neutral pH level
    Uses silver as a disinfect agent
    Silver Bullet is a peroxide treatment that has been greatly enhanced by cleverly combining it with silver. The chemical bonding of the silver makes the peroxide super effective at killing microbes and far longer lasting once in the tank. Silver Bullet Roots lasts 5 times longer than standard peroxide treatments meaning, you don't have to keep adding it to your tank to maintain its killing power and is used at a lower dosage than other hydrogen peroxide treatments, making Silver Bullet Roots highly cost effective. Silver Bullet Roots kills virtually all types of microbes including fungi spores, bacteria, protozoa and viruses while, removing biofilm leaving pathogens nowhere to hide.

The silver element of the product is incredibly important, and it is what makes it unique. The silver ions in Silver Bullet begin by seeking out negative charges of bacteria/fungal spores surrounding your plants' roots and inside your hydroponic system. Once attached to the bacteria/fungi, they start to catalyse and break down the microbe’s protective barriers. Once the microbe is exposed, the hydrogen peroxide destroys it by oxidisation. Once dead, the microbe loses its negative charge and the silver moves on to the next target. As it moves on, the silver re-stabilises with other hydrogen peroxide molecules, which promotes higher oxygen levels around your roots, leading to healthier and stronger growth.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Done420 (27-01-19), GasMan (27-01-19), GEORGE (27-01-19), Ginger-bud (27-01-19), HahaJoker (03-05-19), iice (02-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,883 Times

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    If you run sterile you will need to add something to kill all of the bacteria (Silver bullet) in your system if you run live you will add beneficial bacteria (Hydroguard).

Hydroguard improves the quality and size of your crop by utilising a strain of bacteria known as Bacillus amyloliquefaciens. This colony of beneficial bacteria has been bred to play a number of key roles, triggering natural defence systems, breaking down organic materials for plants to use as food (in a similar way to enzymes), while increasing nutrient availability. The result is an additive that dramatically enhances root health, for all-round stronger plants.

A fast-acting and extremely potent bacillus root inoculant
    Certified by OMRI as being fully organic
    Used extensively in the agricultural industry
    Helps plants to utilise dissolved mineral feeds more readily
    Protects against root diseases like pythium
    Doesn’t produce biofilms that can clog up equipment
    Guaranteed to be active two years after the packaging date
    Heightens plants' resistance to pests and diseases
    Concentrated formula - used at only 0.5ml per litre
    Contains
    1 x bottle of Hydroguard (choose your size above)

How Hydroguard Works
    Hydroguard contains a strain of bacteria known as bacillus amyloliquefaciens. Once applied to the substrate, the bacteria quickly colonise the rhizosphere, increasing nutrient uptake while helping to breakdown dead roots and other organic materials. It is known to actively combat pathogenic bacteria like ralstonia solanacearum, pythium, rhizoctonia solani, alternaria tenuissima and fusarium.

Many forms of beneficial bacteria can make big promises without actually delivering. That’s because beneficial microbes can often get killed off in transit, before the packaging has even been opened! Botanicare guarantee you that the integrity of the microorganisms in Hydroguard will remain pristine for a full two years after the date on the package. Just make sure that you use it up within six months of opening.

Some microbial additives can take a long time to really take effect, reducing their overall impact on plants. The bacteria in Hydroguard get to work in double-quick time, colonising the root-zone shortly after being added. This makes Hydrogaurd more cost-effective than much of the competition, showing better results in shorter time periods.

Root diseases can wreak havoc in your indoor garden in a disturbingly short space of time. By the time the signs of sickness are visible above ground level, there will already be considerable damage below ground. Hydroponic setups, with a shared reservoir are particularly at risk because diseases can take hold and spread to every plant's roots like wildfire. Normal peroxide can treat root diseases very effectively but, it only stays active in a system for a very short space of time. Silver Bullet Roots changes all that, creating a disinfectant that lasts for around 5 weeks and can be used as preventative measure or on-going treatment. This will ensure root diseases never get a hold on your plants roots in the first place as.

Silver Bullet. Kills 99.99% fungi, spores, bacteria, viruses, protozoa and algae
    Breaks down and removes Bioflim
    Non-toxic and non-corrosive, won’t damage your plants
    Promotes oxygen around the roots, keeping them healthy
    Cost effective as only a low dosage required
    Stays active in your tank for up to 5 weeks
    Neutral pH level
    Uses silver as a disinfect agent
    Silver Bullet is a peroxide treatment that has been greatly enhanced by cleverly combining it with silver. The chemical bonding of the silver makes the peroxide super effective at killing microbes and far longer lasting once in the tank. Silver Bullet Roots lasts 5 times longer than standard peroxide treatments meaning, you don't have to keep adding it to your tank to maintain its killing power and is used at a lower dosage than other hydrogen peroxide treatments, making Silver Bullet Roots highly cost effective. Silver Bullet Roots kills virtually all types of microbes including fungi spores, bacteria, protozoa and viruses while, removing biofilm leaving pathogens nowhere to hide.

The silver element of the product is incredibly important, and it is what makes it unique. The silver ions in Silver Bullet begin by seeking out negative charges of bacteria/fungal spores surrounding your plants' roots and inside your hydroponic system. Once attached to the bacteria/fungi, they start to catalyse and break down the microbe’s protective barriers. Once the microbe is exposed, the hydrogen peroxide destroys it by oxidisation. Once dead, the microbe loses its negative charge and the silver moves on to the next target. As it moves on, the silver re-stabilises with other hydrogen peroxide molecules, which promotes higher oxygen levels around your roots, leading to healthier and stronger growth.
    Thanks for this toblue, I’ve always heard good things about the silver bullet when I’ve been in the grow shops.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-01-19)

Thanks

I have an iws rdwc system mate and they clog up every time no matter what, the system has 25mm pipe work and imo needs to be near 3 times that. I tried everything from turning the net pots right up until I put the scrog net up. Even bought a bigger air pump and added an extra air stone in each pot, using the flat shaped one to sort of cover the hole but still blocked mate. Only way to fix it is to at least 2 or 3 times throughout your grow you need to lift the pot and get ur hand in there to pull the roots back and unblock the pipe. It’s a nightmare mate lol especially when u have them in the scrog net and break something every time u have to lift the lid. Look at the current culture system, alien pro system or the rush dwc system. They are all really expensive though but will give you an idea if u choose to make one or buy premade. I’m gonna stick out the blockages one more grow then I’m upgrading to the rush dwc

Forgot to mention as well looked into copper inserts which apparently stops the roots. dont see how they would work though since the pump will still suck the roots down the pipe no matter what lol but they only make them in 13mm sizes for iws systems

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weedjunkie420 For This Useful Post:

BigBudsB (13-02-19), Done420 (27-01-19), GEORGE (27-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weedjunkie420 View Post
    I have an iws rdwc system mate and they clog up every time no matter what, the system has 25mm pipe work and imo needs to be near 3 times that. I tried everything from turning the net pots right up until I put the scrog net up. Even bought a bigger air pump and added an extra air stone in each pot, using the flat shaped one to sort of cover the hole but still blocked mate. Only way to fix it is to at least 2 or 3 times throughout your grow you need to lift the pot and get ur hand in there to pull the roots back and unblock the pipe. It’s a nightmare mate lol especially when u have them in the scrog net and break something every time u have to lift the lid. Look at the current culture system, alien pro system or the rush dwc system. They are all really expensive though but will give you an idea if u choose to make one or buy premade. I’m gonna stick out the blockages one more grow then I’m upgrading to the rush dwc

Forgot to mention as well looked into copper inserts which apparently stops the roots. dont see how they would work though since the pump will still suck the roots down the pipe no matter what lol but they only make them in 13mm sizes for iws systems

I’m gunna build one matey as just from reading up and what people like yourself have said they clog up

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-01-19), weedjunkie420 (27-01-19)

Thanks

I’m gunna build one matey as just from reading up and what people like yourself have said they clog up

If you’ve got the skills mate go for it have a look at the rush dwc it’s the cheapest out of them all. And when u add up all your materials pumps, air stones etc might not be far of the price of the premade rush system. It comes with everything including a Charles Austin air pump

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weedjunkie420 For This Useful Post:

Done420 (27-01-19), GEORGE (27-01-19)

Thanks

If you’ve got the skills mate go for it have a look at the rush dwc it’s the cheapest out of them all. And when u add up all your materials pumps, air stones etc might not be far of the price of the premade rush system. It comes with everything including a Charles Austin air pump

Atm I’m at 330 building it,

30L tubs
    2 100mm stones per tub
    Pump and lines
    Uniseals
    Water pump

Only really got pipework, main tub and little bits to add to the mix. I think 400-450 I’ll be good and have something decent to work with.

Obviously I’ll have missed stuff but im liking the thought of making it myself.

Ones at a grand you paying for that name aren’t you, a plastic tub and pipe is all the same to me

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-01-19), weedjunkie420 (27-01-19)

Thanks

Atm I’m at 330 building it,

30L tubs
    2 100mm stones per tub
    Pump and lines
    Uniseals
    Water pump

Only really got pipework, main tub and little bits to add to the mix. I think 400-450 I’ll be good and have something decent to work with.

Obviously I’ll have missed stuff but im liking the thought of making it myself.

Ones at a grand you paying for that name aren’t you, a plastic tub and pipe is all the same to me

Mate I felt the same when I got my system in the post lol I opened it an I was like did I just pay near £500 for 5 buckets and some tubing lol but having looked at b&q and some plumbing shops and online it just seems like an absolute ball ache for it to leak or not work lol that rush dwc is 599 for everything and save u the labour and sweat lol but each to their own bro. Just wouldn’t want u spending all that money and time and effort for the seals not to work or it lead or sobering go wrong. When for that extra £100 it’s all done and supplied and factory machines for you. I’m just a lazy stoner mate lol and it would break my heart spending all the Doe for it not to work. Good luck anyway mate I’m gonna jump along for the journey, looking forward to seeing what ever u chose to do

16. The Following User Says Thank You to weedjunkie420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-01-19)

Thanks

Mate I felt the same when I got my system in the post lol I opened it an I was like did I just pay near £500 for 5 buckets and some tubing lol but having looked at b&q and some plumbing shops and online it just seems like an absolute ball ache for it to leak or not work lol that rush dwc is 599 for everything and save u the labour and sweat lol but each to their own bro. Just wouldn’t want u spending all that money and time and effort for the seals not to work or it lead or sobering go wrong. When for that extra £100 it’s all done and supplied and factory machines for you. I’m just a lazy stoner mate lol and it would break my heart spending all the Doe for it not to work. Good luck anyway mate I’m gonna jump along for the journey, looking forward to seeing what ever u chose to do

Ha ha yeah I get what you mean matey, I love a good build and pretty capable wit this kind of thing which helps. Uniseals are great to work with and with it not being a pressurised type of system there is no chance of any leaks with a snug fit in the seals.

Long as you take your time and just plan how it goes and dry it it all then you got the best chance of making it all work.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-01-19), tom222 (28-01-19), weedjunkie420 (27-01-19)

Thanks

Ha ha yeah I get what you mean matey, I love a good build and pretty capable wit this kind of thing which helps. Uniseals are great to work with and with it not being a pressurised type of system there is no chance of any leaks with a snug fit in the seals.

Long as you take your time and just plan how it goes and dry it it all then you got the best chance of making it all work.

You’ve got it sorted mate once you have it all made up mate u should start taking orders lol bit of a business venture

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weedjunkie420 For This Useful Post:

Done420 (27-01-19), GEORGE (27-01-19)

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast