Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First outdoor grow

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    You need something light with aeration. Can you get some perlite to mix in at about 30%? There will be others on later or tomorrow that know loads more than me about soils.
    Okay cool, I will take that into consideration on the next supply run!

Thanks so much!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MufasaT For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (30-01-19), GEORGE (11-04-19), Valentina (04-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,482 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MufasaT View Post
    Okay cool, I will take that into consideration on the next supply run!

Thanks so much!

A bag of good quality compost will help. And you will definitely need some perlite or something to make the soil a bit airier. Good luck with the grow matey

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-04-19), MufasaT (30-01-19), Valentina (04-03-19)

Thanks

Yo. So it's currently day 5 of my plants being in soil. I've been trying to turn the soil around the plants to get some air because I've been told the soil has too much clay(will change the medium for the next round of seeds). They look healthy with the exception of one or two of them. I've had to sometimes water them more than once a day (due to the heat temps reaching plus 30 degrees celcius) but never more than a cup of water. Haven't gotten around to testing PH levels of the water yet. I did manage to get a potting medium that I'm quite happy with so hopefully my babies survive to the veg stage.
    Any input/advice is much appreciated.

Much Love
    MufasaT

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MufasaT For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (19-02-19), GEORGE (09-02-19), Valentina (04-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,082 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MufasaT View Post
    Hey man, yeah the South African climate helps!

It's just natural soil from my yard at this point. I've been reading that this isn't really an effective medium but I'm a beginner so I don't have much knowledge on the field.

Nice south africa eh?

Just remember doing what you do which is grow cannabis, for personal use like yourself in south africa it is fully legal to grow personally for your self.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lltfdaniel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-02-19), MufasaT (07-02-19), Valentina (04-03-19)

Thanks

Yo, so it's been about a week since I've posted. Unfortunately, Its not a positive post. Five out of the six plants were destroyed by a rabbit ( I'm fuuuuucking gutted, weeks of work gone). Keeping positive though, it gave me a chance to change my potting mediums. Now the germinated seeds are in a mix of 40% compost and 60% potting medium. It's been changed from just 100% natural soil. Still don't have enough cash for a PH tester for the water but it seems to be okay for now.

My biggest one has survived some how and I've transplanted her into soil containing 10% natural soil, 40% compost and 50% potting medium. The pot is around 2litres and ive realised its much too small to get the results Im looking for. No nutrients given yet as the compost has enough nutrients in them for a week or two weeks or more and also the soil helps give some added thickness to the potting medium.

Below is the picture of my surviving plant. I have germinated 3 more bag seeds and they've already been planted. These three will be going into 5litre pots with the same potting medium if it seems effective.

Much Love,
    MufasaT

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MufasaT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-02-19), WhIpLaSh (09-02-19)

Thanks

Yo, so it's around the 4th week for the big plant and around a week and half for the newer seedlings. I've changed the soil in all to consist of a potting medium and the seedlings are just being given water until it's time for a transplant in a week or two.

The big one is a female (thankfully) however there are some issues that I cannot identify with the deficiency chart, please look at the below pictures for more details. I've been giving her nutrients with her watering once a day, I'm using fish emulsion as it contains a large variety of nutrients and gives me the safety of not having to worry about nutrient burn. I give her half a teaspoon mixed with 500ml of water before throwing away the run off water. Any help with he deficiency that I'm having will be greatly appreciated. I was thinking it could be due to lack of light because it was raining for three days straight without any sun so she was under the shade outside. However my knowledge is limited so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    MufasaT

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MufasaT For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (19-02-19), Danknug (06-03-19), GEORGE (11-04-19), Valentina (04-03-19)

Thanks

Yo, so it's been two weeks since my last post and my plants seem to be doing well. I've managed to order a growing medium from freedom farmers and nutrients as well but they're still on the way. I checked the PH of the tap water and thankfully it's already at 6.5-7.0.

The big one is in veg now and I don't think I'll end up topping her just because I have two other plants that are younger and so I'll have a higher success rate that they'll live through the stress. She is being given fish emulsion with a first water and the day after I won't be giving nutrients and I'll be giving her 1/2 to 3/4 of the water volume from the day before (done to promote root growth and make her more resilient). She is getting around 13 hours of sun and temperatures have been between 28-32 degrees Celsius. There is a slight problem and I have posted the pictures down below and I'm completely lost as to what it might be. Please could anyone help me out with some info.

The two small twins are doing well, they've both just sprouted a second node and are going along strongly, although I'm noticing yellowing in the bottom leaves and I think its time to transplant or maybe start giving them nutrients as well. They're getting the same amount of light as the big girl but less water due to size. Will update when there's more.

Many thank,
    MufasaT.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MufasaT For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (18-03-19), Cleargreen (07-03-19), Danknug (06-03-19), GEORGE (11-04-19), Valentina (04-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,174 Times

Those are leaf miners what you got there. Little insects that live inside the leaves and chew their way through. If you look closely you'll see them at the end of that tunnel of destruction.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (18-03-19), GEORGE (11-04-19), MufasaT (08-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cleargreen View Post
    Those are leaf miners what you got there. Little insects that live inside the leaves and chew their way through. If you look closely you'll see them at the end of that tunnel of destruction.
    Thanks man! You've given me a peace of mind!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MufasaT For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (18-03-19), GEORGE (11-04-19)

Thanks

Yooo! So it's been two weeks since my last update, not much has changed other than some minor adjustments in nutrient and water amounts, just because the plants are getting larger. The big one has started to flower (I think, as the hairs are browning at the bud sites). Other two are going strong, ones been transplanted and the other not yet. Pics down below!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MufasaT For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (18-03-19), GEORGE (11-04-19)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast