Thread: What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,224 Times

Default What am I doing wrong?

So I have 3 blue gelato 41's and 1 peyote critical on the go atm. Peyote critical is bottom left and worst looking. I usually have this issue in early veg but when I switch to flower the plants generally look much better.

A little background info. Seeds were started 31st dec in rockwool and only given non PH'd water for the first 3 days. I then mixed nutrients at 0.4 EC and 5.6 PH (Using ferro regional as I have used the past 10 or more grows)

Temps have been a little cold lights off 18c (fixed that over the last 3 days so it's now at 22c off 26-27c on Humidity has been around 40-50% but has dropped as low as 30% at one point.

It looks to me as if they are being overwatered but given they are in rockwool and pebbles I doubt this to be the case as for the past few days I only water them twice per day, once at 5pm and again at 5-6am with 300ml and they still look a bit droopy.

Light cycle is 18 on 6 off.

It puzzles me as you can clearly see the back right gelato looks nice but the others not so much even though they are being fed the exact same and are in the same room. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

(edit) Alos should point out I'm using a 600w mixed spectrum HPS although they were started under fluro while they sprouted

Last edited by ReeferDankness; 30-01-19 at 09:27 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ReeferDankness For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (30-01-19), GEORGE (30-01-19), MonsterEnergy (30-01-19)

Thanks

How many times a day are you watering

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bin man For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (30-01-19), GEORGE (31-01-19), MonsterEnergy (30-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,460 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferDankness View Post
    So I have 3 blue gelato 41's and 1 peyote critical on the go atm. Peyote critical is bottom left and worst looking. I usually have this issue in early veg but when I switch to flower the plants generally look much better.

A little background info. Seeds were started 31st dec in rockwool and only given non PH'd water for the first 3 days. I then mixed nutrients at 0.4 EC and 5.6 PH (Using ferro regional as I have used the past 10 or more grows)

Temps have been a little cold lights off 18c (fixed that over the last 3 days so it's now at 22c off 26-27c on Humidity has been around 40-50% but has dropped as low as 30% at one point.

It looks to me as if they are being overwatered but given they are in rockwool and pebbles I doubt this to be the case as for the past few days I only water them twice per day, once at 5pm and again at 5-6am with 300ml and they still look a bit droopy.

Light cycle is 18 on 6 off.

It puzzles me as you can clearly see the back right gelato looks nice but the others not so much even though they are being fed the exact same and are in the same room. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

(edit) Alos should point out I'm using a 600w mixed spectrum HPS although they were started under fluro while they sprouted

You must have super eye site, Because I don't see much wrong at all. There is one thing I see on the bottom Right plant I don't see on the others, you have over feed it just a little. Other than that, I just don't see anything wrong with them They look good to me.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (30-01-19), MonsterEnergy (30-01-19)

Thanks

Normally I feed 3x per day about 5lt per feed through drippers. This time I have been hand watering twice per day around 300-500 ml once at the start of the light cycle and then again 12 hours later

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ReeferDankness For This Useful Post:

Bin man (30-01-19), CityDweller (30-01-19), GEORGE (30-01-19), MonsterEnergy (30-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    You must have super eye site, Because I don't see much wrong at all. There is one thing I see on the bottom Right plant I don't see on the others, you have over feed it just a little. Other than that, I just don't see anything wrong with them They look good to me.
    Maybe I'm just paranoid lol...

But the 3 I mentioned never perk up like the back right one they are just droppy 24/7 although growth rate doesn't appear to be effected comparing it to the back right. The leaves look a little swollen which I believe is a sign of over watering but like I say I'm watering them very little at this point and after 3 days they look the same. Also with lower than optimal humidity they should be drinking the water faster surely?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ReeferDankness For This Useful Post:

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

so in a full day your only adding 1lt per plant? 300-500ml then the same again 12hrs later
    id be adding alot more than that with such well established plants,

the one @right back isn't as established as the other 3, that's why it looks better
    in hydroton the water runs straight through it so not over watered mate, id up the watering not lower it

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Bin man (30-01-19), CityDweller (30-01-19), GEORGE (30-01-19)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    so in a full day your only adding 1lt per plant? 300-500ml then the same again 12hrs later
    id be adding alot more than that with such well established plants,

the one @right back isn't as established as the other 3, that's why it looks better
    in hydroton the water runs straight through it so not over watered mate, id up the watering not lower it
    I agree man. Plants that size should be fed more

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    I agree man. Plants that size should be fed more
    was is hydroton in the wilma, was flooding the pots for 45mins a day and even that didn't seem enough
    no medium to hold any moisture in hydroton so definitely not underwatering

hand watering hydroton, that's a real full time job lol

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Bin man (31-01-19), CityDweller (30-01-19), GEORGE (31-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    was is hydroton in the wilma, was flooding the pots for 45mins a day and even that didn't seem enough
    no medium to hold any moisture in hydroton so definitely not underwatering

hand watering hydroton, that's a real full time job lol

yeah I've just been too lazy to set up the dripper system as I got some new hose and need to get round to setting that up lol

I do have them in rockwool which holds a decent amount of moisture through out the day. I'll up the watering anyway just to see.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ReeferDankness For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-01-19)