Thread: Hi guys n galls ..

Thanks

Default Hi guys n galls ..

A little advise on flushing pots on auto feeders..
    Do they allways need flushing to clean the salt build up out the coco ? As they feed from bottoms in 25ltr auto pots ...if so which weeks do i need to flush ? As im doing a scog and in 2 weeks it will be very hard to do this ...ive never done a coco or soil flush before or taken ec readings and had sum nice results...thanks guys ....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gramps For This Useful Post:

G' (02-02-19), MonsterEnergy (02-02-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

depends more on what type of fertilizers your using, im organic and never flush
    if it's salt based fertilizers the salt can accumulate in the medium and so drives up the EC

that's also why coco growers water to 20% runoff to flush away salts

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

G' (02-02-19), Gramps (03-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Dutch Pro do a product called 'keep it clean' for this purpose, no idea if for Coco or Soil but I know it exists

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Gramps (03-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    A little advise on flushing pots on auto feeders..
    Do they allways need flushing to clean the salt build up out the coco ? As they feed from bottoms in 25ltr auto pots ...if so which weeks do i need to flush ? As im doing a scog and in 2 weeks it will be very hard to do this ...ive never done a coco or soil flush before or taken ec readings and had sum nice results...thanks guys ....

Never flush from the top. Flushing an autopot just involves adding clean water to the res. Never pour water through the top of an autopot after the first week or so.

But because of this method of flushing you need to give it a full two weeks before harvest. But as a positive, its a better way of leaching nutes out of the plant, as it doesnt shock the root zone with a sudden massive change in EC.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

Gramps (03-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TomKing View Post
    Never flush from the top. Flushing an autopot just involves adding clean water to the res. Never pour water through the top of an autopot after the first week or so.

But because of this method of flushing you need to give it a full two weeks before harvest. But as a positive, its a better way of leaching nutes out of the plant, as it doesnt shock the root zone with a sudden massive change in EC.
    Thanks for that info tom ive only done like that on week 13 ....

Thanks

Thanks for that info tom ive only done like that on week 13 ....

For 7 days as they do start to yellow....

Thanks

For 7 days as they do start to yellow....

How long after the drying process for 7/10 days with a big dehumidifier can i jar the nugurts without burping the jars ? Or even suck outair in smelly proof bags? I ask cos im off to see my son working in australia for maybe 6/ 8 weeks 2 weeks after this grow is all finished..
    Many thanks tom for all your knollage of the autopots with air domes and a halia pump feeding air to all pots and 3 gall feed bucket via apump not astone ...now with help i got my humidity from 50 to 60 droping to 45 sum days..my ph checked twice aday bang on 5.7.but even though humidity high they are looking good at end of 2 weeks ...

Thanks

How long after the drying process for 7/10 days with a big dehumidifier can i jar the nugurts without burping the jars ? Or even suck outair in smelly proof bags? I ask cos im off to see my son working in australia for maybe 6/ 8 weeks 2 weeks after this grow is all finished..
    Many thanks tom for all your knollage of the autopots with air domes and a halia pump feeding air to all pots and 3 gall feed bucket via apump not astone ...now with help i got my humidity from 50 to 60 droping to 45 sum days..my ph checked twice aday bang on 5.7.but even though humidity high they are looking good at end of 2 weeks ...

My ec i cant get it right without it pushing the ph sky high so decided to leave it be after hrs of trying every thing ...its settled down now to 1.65 but they looking ok .. nice an green ..i sit inmy groom sum nights talking to my girls....but alas they dont chat to meback...so i guess im sane after all hahahahs
    Thanks again tom ...your a good guy ...and this year im 66 ...going on 21 again just to make sum oil for afew palls less fortunate than me...godbless you all ... with your help i will achieve what i set out to do....