Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Extracting out of the loft

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,219 Times

Default Extracting out of the loft

Okay so I'm gunna run some ducting up out the bedroom ceiling and into the loft. I would rather it didn't end there as the loft is tiny and heat builds up quick in it. Now I'm clueless, but there looks to be 4 lots of tubing running up out of the tiles into the beautiful fresh air. One is the bathroom vent, which isn't powered, just an open/shut vent. Not sure what the other 3 are. I'll attach some pictures. And hope someone knows the best one to attach to? Using something like this I presume?

Although I'm wondering if I attach that to the bathroom extraction what's to stop it just pushing all the air back into the room lol?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kudos For This Useful Post:

WF420 (03-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Quote Originally Posted by kudos View Post
    Okay so I'm gunna run some ducting up out the bedroom ceiling and into the loft. I would rather it didn't end there as the loft is tiny and heat builds up quick in it. Now I'm clueless, but there looks to be 4 lots of tubing running up out of the tiles into the beautiful fresh air. One is the bathroom vent, which isn't powered, just an open/shut vent. Not sure what the other 3 are. I'll attach some pictures. And hope someone knows the best one to attach to? Using something like this I presume?

Although I'm wondering if I attach that to the bathroom extraction what's to stop it just pushing all the air back into the room lol?

Whats on the other end of the pipes running out mate? If you used a joint like the first picture i see no issue with it re-entering

Could be wrong but in my mind if its pointing upwards and being forced that way by your fan it wouldnt then go back on its self...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

kudos (03-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WF420 View Post
    Whats on the other end of the pipes running out mate? If you used a joint like the first picture i see no issue with it re-entering

Could be wrong but in my mind if its pointing upwards and being forced that way by your fan it wouldnt then go back on its self...

Not sure where this pipe is running to down below but maybe easy to make a connection here.

Not a clue where these go either

This one I believe is bathroom below

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kudos For This Useful Post:

WF420 (03-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Look like fresh air vents...proper bodge fitting too...bits of flexi ducting and plasterboard...if I had to say on first look, I would say previous grow but as said above...whats on the other end of the plastic reducer fittings ??

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

WF420 (03-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Look like fresh air vents...proper bodge fitting too...bits of flexi ducting and plasterboard...if I had to say on first look, I would say previous grow but as said above...whats on the other end of the plastic reducer fittings ??
    I'm not sure what they are mate? I guess I can take a look outside see if I can snap a pic of what's on roof. Name on the plastic is passivent

Thanks

This one's defo passive bathroom vent

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Roof vents will be standard ones, they're fresh air vents then mate...to stop condensation/black mould for people who dont open windows, disconnect and use one going out, obviously wont be an issue...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

kudos (03-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

The tile vents are ideal mate, wish id have gone that way rather than chimney but hindsight eyy, wonderful thing!

You need to figure out where abouts in the house theyre coming from to see what theyre connected to, if anything at all...

If youre sure of the bathroom one id be tempted to use that though

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

AND (03-02-19), kudos (03-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WF420 View Post
    The tile vents are ideal mate, wish id have gone that way rather than chimney but hindsight eyy, wonderful thing!

You need to figure out where abouts in the house theyre coming from to see what theyre connected to, if anything at all...

If youre sure of the bathroom one id be tempted to use that though
    Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Roof vents will be standard ones, they're fresh air vents then mate...to stop condensation/black mould for people who dont open windows, disconnect and use one going out, obviously wont be an issue...
    Ok sweet yeah so I just need one of those 3 way connector things then right. Positive of the bathroom one as just got the Mrs to shout and bang through the bath vent and identified right one :-) now the messy part of cutting a nice hole in bedroom ceiling lol

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kudos For This Useful Post:

AND (03-02-19)

Thanks

I'd take it off completely but that would mean leaving bathroom window open and last time I did that a fucking widow spider nest hatched and had 200-300 baby spiders crawling around the room scared to open that window again for more than couple minutes lol

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kudos For This Useful Post:

AND (03-02-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast