Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: RDWC growing = area/plant ratio?

Thanks

Default RDWC growing = area/plant ratio?

So I’ve always been under the assumption that a 1.2m x 1.2m tent is ideal for 4 plants. But now I’m planning on running a RDWC system...I’m not so sure. People seem to be growing trees in RDWC and now this area is seemingly too small. I figured maybe I could run autos or a very short veg period...but is this just counter productive?

What are your thoughts on how many pots should go in what area? I could stretch to a 1.5m2 tent.

Also your thoughts on pot size would be nice too.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BreakingBad For This Useful Post:

G' (11-04-19), rassensi (04-04-19), redisiel (20-02-19), Squaggy (20-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Still 4 plants for me on the same area scrogged exactly the same as the 1.2. I was using 35 liter pots ages ago but would up them to 50 plus liters now and instead of 50 mm tubing id have 100 mm.
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

BreakingBad (20-02-19), G' (11-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

I'm an auto guy but wonder the same as you. I've always thought it would be a strange equation between veg time, lighting & pot size?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

BreakingBad (20-02-19), G' (11-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redisiel View Post
    Still 4 plants for me on the same area scrogged exactly the same as the 1.2. I was using 35 liter pots ages ago but would up them to 50 plus liters now and instead of 50 mm tubing id have 100 mm.
    Redz
    100mm! Wow. I was think 40mm would be good enough.

What was up with using 50mm?

Saw a guy on here using an Alien XL system and he didn’t have any problems with 32mm pipe :-/

Is it just to prevent roots blockage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BreakingBad For This Useful Post:

G' (11-04-19), redisiel (20-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

I got 8 in a 2.4 and it gets quite rammed with autos. Managed to finish photos in 100 days and that filled the tent up to.
    Only had one blockage on my pipework but there’s twin pipes on each pot with the alien so that probably helps

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

BreakingBad (20-02-19), G' (11-04-19), Squaggy (20-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger-bud View Post
    I got 8 in a 2.4 and it gets quite rammed with autos. Managed to finish photos in 100 days and that filled the tent up to.
    Only had one blockage on my pipework but there’s twin pipes on each pot with the alien so that probably helps
    You’re the guy I was thinking of. Great setup. I will follow your diary through my grow.

I was looking at the Alien setup but with my trade, and access to parts, it would be lazy not to DIY it.

So have you tried Autos and Photos? If so, what would do you prefer?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BreakingBad For This Useful Post:

G' (11-04-19), Ginger-bud (20-02-19)

Thanks

I used to prefer photos but have been doing autos for a year now mainly from mephisto genetics. Seed to weed in about 80 days.
    Be easy to make one DIY if you got accesss to the bits. Probably best to go with bigger pipework but I’ve had hardly any problems with mine. Can see the ones with single 25mm pipework blocking easy as their all along the bottom of the buckets mine has another one half way up to keep it all flowing nicely.
    I’m tempted to try some more photos after this grow but can’t grumble at 80 day turnaround so it’s hard to tear myself away from autos! Just having a read up on strains now for the next one. Soooo many to choose from lol

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

BreakingBad (20-02-19), G' (11-04-19), Squaggy (20-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,286 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger-bud View Post
    I used to prefer photos but have been doing autos for a year now mainly from mephisto genetics. Seed to weed in about 80 days.
    Be easy to make one DIY if you got accesss to the bits. Probably best to go with bigger pipework but I’ve had hardly any problems with mine. Can see the ones with single 25mm pipework blocking easy as their all along the bottom of the buckets mine has another one half way up to keep it all flowing nicely.
    I’m tempted to try some more photos after this grow but can’t grumble at 80 day turnaround so it’s hard to tear myself away from autos! Just having a read up on strains now for the next one. Soooo many to choose from lol
    So what about yield are autos better than photos in that regard ?

What auto is a nailed on good yield perhaps bit purply to ?

GROW DIARY LINKS:

When I mentored LewisR >>>
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...red-by-Squaggy

Squaggy does Coco. (Mentored by Bud Lightyear) >> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...Bud-Lightyear)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squaggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This is great info Ginger Bud. I wondered what the second pipe, higher up, was for on the Alien System’s.

I was thinking of 40mm pipe to circulate and using decent air stones. Been reading a lot about air stones though and how they do very little for DO. Apparently it’s all about creating a waterfall effect instead. That’s fine but it’s a lot more work and yours have been coming out great!

What’s your average plant yield on autos?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BreakingBad For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I’ve been hitting just under a kilo for 8 plants so about 4oz a plant. I don’t do much training either and usually just let them do their thing so it could be improved on I think. Photos you have the chance to scrog and top and train so if your good you could probably get a bit more out of photos.
    Last time I changed my airstones the order came through wrong and they sent me 12 inch air bars. I’ve put them in some of the buckets standing up and those buckets have much better root growth than the small 4 inch ones I been using. The only water fall I’ve got is from the chiller outlet. Good amount of water disturbance and good flow stops anything going stagnant.
    Can recommend the mephisto strains they’ve all turned out pretty good and I also like humbolt county seeds.
    Very hard to pick a single strain that’s great on yield and quality smoke. Mephistos are the only ones I’ve grown with consistatly good yield and quality smoke at the end of it. Not much help I know but breeder definatly has a lot to do with it.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

BreakingBad (20-02-19), Squaggy (20-02-19)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast