Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: THCtalk Annual Awards.

Bobby Digital Guest

Wink damn them stoners

Ive got "most annoying member" locked off this year for sure and i dont think ill get any arguments lol!

You nominating urself then davey lol

Thanks

Owned,why?
    I wont need to nominate myself,theres PLENTY that will gladly do it for me lol!
    It aint rocket science

Bobby Digital Guest

lol im sure ur right m8 and being owned was the 4 the joke... anyway would be funny to see this award thing take off just for the banter... peace

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,596 Times

POTY > Monty's martian mean green without doubt
    Most helpful forum member > duh! dj #
    lol award > hmmm ganesh
    Best indoor diary > dekay (what a selection of strains in there)
    Best outdoor > tripples? or maybe tom?
    Best mod > WTL has been mighty helpful of recent.

i could go on but the missus wants to watch misfits haha

Thanks

Good Idea mate....Plenty of helpful people who deserve some sort of recognition for their time and hard work.

I gotta a ickle herb tree in ma garden, It love da light inna di mornin, if u find it offensive, beg me pardon!

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

Cool idea mate, sounds like it could be a laugh!

FZjb Guest

lol great idea.

I'm a sure fire contender for.."Member who rambles crap the most"

and deffo.,,

Worst noob grow error of the year (for having my temp sensor in the wrong place for 5 weeks during flower after adding an extra 250w..)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddsdavey View Post
    Owned,why?
    I wont need to nominate myself,theres PLENTY that will gladly do it for me lol!
    i dont think so man. i think your just opionated and you dont like to step down, i dont see anything wrong with this as it a good part of you but sometimes your timing is wrong.

Thanks

OK folks, this is a basic outline of how I think it could work.

First of all we would have a specified time period of say a month for people to get their nominations in for whoever they fancy for whatever award.

You would only get entered in that category if you have 2/3 or more nominations.

Once the time period is over a thread could be created for each category either in their respective forums. So 'Best Indoor Diary' could be in the 'Indoor Cannabis Growing' area or just have them all lumped in the 'Competitions and Promotions area.

After that we would have a month long anonymous vote off in each category to see who is deemed to be top dawg. Once the winners are announced the diaries could be re-named containing the award and year it was won and perhaps placed as a sticky within their areas. Also the winners screen-name could, as I said before, have a little rosette or cup placed next to it just to show off, for bragging rights.

Obviously this idea needs a little more thought and planning prob, but if each mod looked after 1 award thread each then the work needed to get it running is just as much as the work needed to keep the POTM comp going, and lkdj managed to do it no problem for long enough.

So there you are, a very basic outline I feel but hopefully you get the idea of how it might work.

@ddsdavey, personally I would like to see the awards given out for positive things and not for who people might be pissed off with. That might just cause animosity between members and we don't need that on here, although if there was a category such as 'Most Annoying' or 'Cock of the Year' then you could only be nominated by yourself to avoid any arguments if you win that award as you would only have yourself to blame for being entered. (and I agree with Hunter BTW, sometimes its hard to back down and it ends up biting you on the bum.)

So how does that all sound to you guys, is it workable ya think?

If you can think of any problems that may occur then let me know or if you have an idea to add of your own then please feel free.

Thanks again for all the positive feedback on this idea of mine, these are the kind of things that make this forum a worthwhile place to be.

PS I would be happy to put in my fair share of work to get it up and running.

Peace

RJN

Thanks

aye i think its a good idea and loads of other forums i've been a member of have had similar comps and have always been taken in good faith.

i'd like to win an award for the most pointless posts

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast