Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: THCtalk Annual Awards.

Thanks

"Best whistle whilst watering plants",5 plants or less ONLY!
    It aint rocket science

Thanks

I think that the way it is just now lets everyone in the forum that has had a grow this year have a shot at winning an award. Some of the POTM winners may be able to win 3 or more perhaps. 5 plants or less will leave some people out.

FZjb Guest

nice list jelly

i reckon stealth grow should not be on amount of plants, but exactly what the title says,

a sog stealth can contain 10+ small plants?

maybe limit it by room size, say anything over 1m square, and stealthy, ie well/or attempted hidden, (not a tent in a loft!)

how about a poll on the final shortlist of awards, that way, not just 1 person decides, and all members who maybe are afraid to speak up can vote for thier favorites.

again just ideas im throwing out there to make it all open and fair!

Thanks

Why 5 plants Red? Why not just make it the maximum the site diaries allow,is it 12 or something.I cant fault ya dude if your trying to rinse out the larger,some may say "Industrial" size ops tbh,if it aint the reason then i cant fault ya anyway dude,youve obviously thought and put alot into this,top marks buddy.Now if theres an award for the most irrelevant switch up midpost.....
    How the hell do you do the up equivalent of >
    Ive seen alot of you flashing your "up" cursor about like it aint no thang,being so outwardly "Bling" dosnt suit you lol!
    Seriously though i do realise how silly im gonna look when someone points it out but ill be damned if i can find its ons mys keyboards init.
    Anyways theres a Gold Blue Peter badge for whoever has the answer first.
    Apologies for Red dude.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FaZedjb View Post
    nice list jelly

i reckon stealth grow should not be on amount of plants, but exactly what the title says,

a sog stealth can contain 10+ small plants?

maybe limit it by room size, say anything over 1m square, and stealthy, ie well/or attempted hidden, (not a tent in a loft!)

how about a poll on the final shortlist of awards, that way, not just 1 person decides, and all members who maybe are afraid to speak up can vote for thier favorites.

Yeah mate, I know what you mean about the size of the room. Somethin to be considered if the awards go well and there is another one at the start of 2011. Gotta get through this one first though. Thats why I don't want to get too technical when it comes to the rules. Once this one is over I'll see if this thread can be left open for people to put in their own ideas for rule modifications over the year for discussion.

Below is how this might run..... if it's ok'd by the mods.

Ten separate member accounts will be set up for nominations by PM, one for each award.

A new section will be set up in the 'THCtalk Competitions, Assistance and Enquiries' area Called 'THCtalk Awards'.

Ten Threads in this section giving the rules for each award and the member addy to PM nominations to. ( want to keep everything anon as to keep everyone in suspense.)

The threads will then be set up to contain a poll of the nominee's plus a link to the diary, member user profile or POTM thread. (hopefully the results will be un-viewable By the members until it is over)

Winners announced.

This is the dream..... might not be the reality though. lol

FZjb Guest

i dont think many people will bother to PM. i reckon just a post and a final vote will work like POTM.

and its best to get the rules right from the start, changing them every year will just look plain bad m8.

get the vote going mate for stuff lol, you want as many people involved in this right from the off. its almost the new yr and if your gonna get this right i think you need to take some time to get it right from the start, or else you have a lot more chance for a fail.

its a great idea m8, but i feel your trying to do way to much on yur own, way to fast without really thinking it through, before you start you should get the basics down, like the sub-forum, and like i said an open vote on the diff awards. set up a few diff threads in the sub-forum with each award and see who people nominate. forums arn't the fastest things in the world, and i'm feeling this is getting rushed thru a little quick.

but then again i'm well stoned digressing like mad and probably talking waffle lol

Thanks

Cool

i dont think many people will bother to PM. i reckon just a post and a final vote will work like POTM.

and its best to get the rules right from the start, changing them every year will just look plain bad m8.

get the vote going mate for stuff lol, you want as many people involved in this right from the off. its almost the new yr and if your gonna get this right i think you need to take some time to get it right from the start, or else you have a lot more chance for a fail.

its a great idea m8, but i feel your trying to do way to much on yur own, way to fast without really thinking it through, before you start you should get the basics down, like the sub-forum, and like i said an open vote on the diff awards. set up a few diff threads in the sub-forum with each award and see who people nominate. forums arn't the fastest things in the world, and i'm feeling this is getting rushed thru a little quick.

but then again i'm well stoned digressing like mad and probably talking waffle lol

No mate, I get what you mean. We will have to see what Rags thinks I reckon. I thought about havin it the way you mention but thought havin people nom via PM it would leave less chance of people reading into nominations as to who might win. People would be able to send their nom through the first post in the thread so wouldn't be much different from leavin a post in the thread in reality. If you are worried about not getting to see who actually gets nominated to show its not fixed or anythin, all nominations recieved Via PM would be added to the threads afterwards.

What do you think of the rules? They are basically tweaked POTM rules. Anything missing?

The noms would be running for 3 or 4 weeks possibly which is plenty of time to get noms in. The voting would be for 2 weeks.

Eggbox is gonna get a forum wide notice up to make people aware that its happening.

All suggestions welcome mate.

Thanks

like anything when started its a work in progress keep it up nija let it go forth and let time sort it out peace

medicine / bio-fuel / oxygen / building materials / proteins and essential oils/ plastics
    and textiles/ hygiene products / tree-less paper - and this is an ILLEGAL plant??
    name one other thing in this world that has all those benefits!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,596 Times

at first i didn't like the pm idea but after reading your last post ninja, i actually think that could be the best way. knowing who has been nominated but not how many people nominated them would set up for a less biased voting system.

Thanks

I think you need to have a good look at the diary section Red,theres a few growers with more than 5 plants,youll be cancelling out alot of people who,tbhimo have evry right to be considered.
    I mean best stealth grow should be any and all ops that are posted in that section of the forum,regardless of plant no.s surely?
    No offence Red mate but with the best intentions i think its you thats over complicating it.
    Same here.
    Plus if its always down to you Red then youll be doing it next year and all years after that,right?
    What im trying to say is if its all maintained by one individual and not a long established one (like myself) at that then whos to say itll even happen next year where as with a more shared "community" influx means more chance of it continuing on as long as the site does.
    Thta might sound negayive but its not meant too Red,good job just adding some (dare i say it!) CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM!
    Last edited by ddsdavey; 20-12-09 at 01:11 PM.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast