Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: First time DIY stealth grow!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    Hey dude, I'll follow along for the journey

Are you planning a diy filter later on?
    I've just finished using cfls and took the plunge and made a LED quantum board style light. It freed up a bit of height and cut my leccy bill in half.
    I don't have any useful xp in photoperiods, but you could grow a bushy indica auto in that space and with a bit of lst get 2 to 4 ounces. 2 auto plants would be a squeeze I reckon. My tents only 36" tall but I have double your width so I get 2 in.
    Thanks for the check in! I wasnt planning on using a filter in this set up. I do plan on upgrading to a tent eventually and I'll prob buy and fiIter. I did however try to make a light baffle out of cardboard over exhaust and Temps went up to almost 98f! Needles to say I took it off. Hopefully the openings from fan will be ok. Room is pretty dark with the exception of TV for couple hours. Next batch of seeds will Def be autos! Maybe do a fem as well or whatever freebie I get lol. I have a few more bag seeds that look promising as well. Again this is all for learing experience. Not going for yields here but still want to do it right.
    Last edited by Budda118; 26-02-19 at 01:32 AM.
    Peace and Pot

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Budda118 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-02-19), Cleargreen (28-02-19), GEORGE (27-02-19)

Thanks

Any thoughts on deformed leaves? It's growing much faster than the other one and its only a few days ahead. Could be just be the strain. I have no idea which seeds came which batch so it's all a gamble lol

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Budda118 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-02-19), GEORGE (27-02-19)

Thanks

Guess no one cares about stealth or cfl?? Lmao

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Budda118 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-02-19), GEORGE (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,927 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Budda118 View Post
    Any thoughts on deformed leaves? It's growing much faster than the other one and its only a few days ahead. Could be just be the strain. I have no idea which seeds came which batch so it's all a gamble lol
    Hey mate, love a good micro grow. Ill take a seat.
    Probably just the seedling settling in with the deformed leaves. Looks grand to me

Your lights are 12/12? Not sure what effect that would have on a seedling but id probably up it to 18/6. See you have light leaks and using bag seed. Might end up coming back to bite you in the ass mate
    Last edited by UpT0wn; 28-02-19 at 08:45 PM.
    Current grow: Cindy jocks & Royal Dwaft

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ery-Auto-Diary

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-02-19), Cleargreen (28-02-19), GEORGE (14-04-19), Silkadin (28-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UpT0wn View Post
    Hey mate, love a good micro grow. Ill take a seat.
    Probably just the seedling settling in with the deformed leaves. Looks grand to me

Your lights are 12/12? Not sure what effect that would have on a seedling but id probably up it to 18/6. See you have light leaks and using bag seed. Might end up coming back to bite you in the ass mate
    Thanks for the check in! Starting to think the talk was a male plant for a min there lmao

But to answer a few things.. OK so I gave them 24/0 for about 3 days then flipped to 12/12. I know most will say veg first then flip but didn't want a massive grow in such a small space. So 12/12 seems to be the most logical may to go. Yes I'm using bag seed as a learning experience. Im ordering some autos and fem seeds soon from the seed bank here soon for next round. And lastly the dreadful light leak. Maybe I should explain it a bit more. My cab is in my bedroom. The back is where my two fans are. Lights on at 7am and off 7pm. At this time my room is pretty dark. I only keep small lamp on occasionally and TV which are both on opposite side of room away from cab. There is never any direct light getting in when lights off. The light leak I speak of is whatever enters thru fan opening. Other than that case is completely sealed from light. I did try to make a light baffle and temps went sky high. (Probably way to stoned when doing it lmao). Anyone else ever grow in a situation similar?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Budda118 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-02-19), GEORGE (14-04-19), UpT0wn (28-02-19)

Thanks

Thanks for the check in! Starting to think the talk was a male plant for a min there lmao

But to answer a few things.. OK so I gave them 24/0 for about 3 days then flipped to 12/12. I know most will say veg first then flip but didn't want a massive grow in such a small space. So 12/12 seems to be the most logical may to go. Yes I'm using bag seed as a learning experience. Im ordering some autos and fem seeds soon from the seed bank here soon for next round. And lastly the dreadful light leak. Maybe I should explain it a bit more. My cab is in my bedroom. The back is where my two fans are. Lights on at 7am and off 7pm. At this time my room is pretty dark. I only keep small lamp on occasionally and TV which are both on opposite side of room away from cab. There is never any direct light getting in when lights off. The light leak I speak of is whatever enters thru fan opening. Other than that case is completely sealed from light. I did try to make a light baffle and temps went sky high. (Probably way to stoned when doing it lmao). Anyone else ever grow in a situation similar?
    Has to be completely dark mate. Even the light from a fan/dehumidifier can cause balls. Needs sorting. Im a lazy bastard so inside of lightproofing my groom, just ran autos 24/0 lol

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-02-19), Cleargreen (28-02-19), GEORGE (14-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UpT0wn View Post
    Has to be completely dark mate. Even the light from a fan/dehumidifier can cause balls. Needs sorting. Im a lazy bastard so inside of lightproofing my groom, just ran autos 24/0 lol
    This subject is so sensitive. I'm surexcited you've heard the theory about indirect lighting from the moon during outdoor grows. To me it's kinda the same thing. It's 50/50 at this point. Some say as long as it's not direct some say complete dark no matter what. Maybe this will be a perfect experiment time! Lol

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Budda118 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This subject is so sensitive. I'm surexcited you've heard the theory about indirect lighting from the moon during outdoor grows. To me it's kinda the same thing. It's 50/50 at this point. Some say as long as it's not direct some say complete dark no matter what. Maybe this will be a perfect experiment time! Lol
    I love a good experiment haha Come on

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,174 Times

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-03-19), GEORGE (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,685 Times

I’ll take a seat for the show , never done a micro grow... good luck mate

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hedonistic Hippy For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-03-19), Cleargreen (01-03-19), GEORGE (14-04-19)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast