Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is this yellowing the start of bud rot or ec too high?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times
    Provided Answers: 9

My first grow was with CFLs... Got similar yield but was using 400w. The new lights I have were a diy build Gardro mentored me through so there's a diary if you want to see it. Just head to my profile and then latest started threads under the avatar and you should find it.
    I'm still working on getting my pruning right... Think I'm too delicate as the plants always end up bushy regardless lol.
    I only grow autos atm as it's too cold for me not to put em on 24/0 lighting. For training I just anchor the stem and bend em over and hook em down, then I just keep doing that to all the branches that emerge ant try to encourage a low even canopy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,458 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

Quote Originally Posted by THCBrova View Post
    Wow..! To avg 2.7 we are using 20ltr fabric pots under 600w dual spectrum bulbs (basic shades).

What led are you using, Budmaster?

What is your process i.e. veg time, pruning/training technique?

We veg approx 3-4 weeks, top mains, light lollipop when flipped, top mains again and secondries, proper lollipop about 4 weeks into flower, then leave them be.
    TBH not 100% sure about all that topping, its the first time we've done it to that extent, and while there is a lot more bud site and denser canopy, the buds seem a lot smaller. Proof will be in the pudding in a few weeks (assuming we make it to the end), but Im thinking we are gona avg about the same with smaller buds, just more of them.

Its a journey init lol
    You mention you top after you flip? At least that's what it sounds like, if thats what your doing id say that's where your going wrong...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Amnesia auto For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times
    Provided Answers: 22

Unfortunately that is definitely bud rot

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times
    Provided Answers: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    Unfortunately that is definitely bud rot
    I agree with Sadface. Doesn't matter what it is mate get that cola out of your tent it is worthless either way.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

8. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-19)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Sorry guys, there's no change so we are ruling out bud rot. Think everything is pointing towards the nutes (ec) being too high. We flushed yesterday and now just dialing it right back to maybe 1.6.
    Not jumping ship yet haha

10. The Following User Says Thank You to THCBrova For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesia auto View Post
    You mention you top after you flip? At least that's what it sounds like, if thats what your doing id say that's where your going wrong...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    No sorry, I just looked at my notes again, we topped 2nd and 3rd week of veg. So before we flipped. Apart from lollipoping we try to do as little as possible once flipped, as their on their way then aren't they... what will be will be.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to THCBrova For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-19)

Thanks

I'd get more pics up mate. Couldn't see much from the one you posted previously

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    My first grow was with CFLs... Got similar yield but was using 400w. The new lights I have were a diy build Gardro mentored me through so there's a diary if you want to see it. Just head to my profile and then latest started threads under the avatar and you should find it.
    I'm still working on getting my pruning right... Think I'm too delicate as the plants always end up bushy regardless lol.
    I only grow autos atm as it's too cold for me not to put em on 24/0 lighting. For training I just anchor the stem and bend em over and hook em down, then I just keep doing that to all the branches that emerge ant try to encourage a low even canopy.
    I'll check that diary out now, thanks.
    That training sounds like 'mainlining'? I have been looking at that recently and wana give that a go. That was another technique used by my mates with the better setup hitting the 5's.
    And do you grow those autos from seed? They're the ones that you can leave under 24hr light like you say n they'll flower automatically? How long does that take, start to finish?

Good work man

16. The Following User Says Thank You to THCBrova For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-19)

Thanks

From what I've read, mainlining is a bit more brutal and uniform. Mines just a plant being pinned down as much as I can lol... Nothing so surgical.
    Always used seeds. Mine take 90-100 days from sprout to chop but I'm sure better growers could shave a few weeks off that. Autos will flower under any light cycle in 3 to 4 weeks usually. I believe it's best to give then a few dark hours... Popular choice seems to be 18/6 or 20/4, but I also read they can go without the dark hours, and since my temps plummet and Rh rocket as soon as the lights go off, I opted for 24/0.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-19)

Thanks

Strains also make a difference... Sativa's take longer and stretch more. Indica are generally short any bushy and a bit faster.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-19)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast