Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Parabolics?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,133 Times

Default Parabolics?

Looking to buy two new reflectors. Just got a second adjusta wing for the flower room and can’t fault them..pricey though and always like new gadgets.so thought parabolic reflectors were really expensive but seeing them for like 35/45 quid on flea bay and the like..had a fairly good google,are there superior ones I’ve missed or are they just reasonably priced? And why? Should I just shell out for two more adjustas? And why am I still up this late reading about reflectors lol and why are YOU?
    Pax,o fortunatos nimium,sua si bona norint,agricolas.
    Omnium artium medicina nobilissima est.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the green meanie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-19), MonsterEnergy (24-02-19), Wags (24-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,881 Times

Quote Originally Posted by the green meanie View Post
    Looking to buy two new reflectors. Just got a second adjusta wing for the flower room and can’t fault them..pricey though and always like new gadgets.so thought parabolic reflectors were really expensive but seeing them for like 35/45 quid on flea bay and the like..had a fairly good google,are there superior ones I’ve missed or are they just reasonably priced? And why? Should I just shell out for two more adjustas? And why am I still up this late reading about reflectors lol and why are YOU?
    I'm in the market for a parabolic. There are a few that are more expensive. Suppose same as everything get what u pay for. And I'm on nights that's why. Haha

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wags For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-19), MonsterEnergy (24-02-19), the green meanie (24-02-19)

Thanks

Ok cool I’m off my nut lol. Just found some nice Lumatek jobs..£100 plus though. Where the fuck where they when straight me looked? Damn him lol

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the green meanie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-19), MonsterEnergy (24-02-19), Wags (24-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,286 Times

I have turrican lumatek with Miro finish and it is awesome well worth the extra money

GROW DIARY LINKS:

When I mentored LewisR >>>
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...red-by-Squaggy

Squaggy does Coco. (Mentored by Bud Lightyear) >> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...Bud-Lightyear)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Squaggy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-19), MonsterEnergy (24-02-19), the green meanie (24-02-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Squaggy View Post
    I have turrican lumatek with Miro finish and it is awesome well worth the extra money
    ^^^^ same for me mate, the extra money is the reflective surface and heat venting

Powdered white parabolic - 80% reflective
    silver dimpled aluminum - 85% reflective
    miro95 - 95% reflective

also the turrican or Shinobi vent heat much better since they are fully vented at the top rather than a small grill vent on each side

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

the green meanie (24-02-19), Wags (24-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,881 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    ^^^^ same for me mate, the extra money is the reflective surface and heat venting

miro95 - 95% reflective

also the turrican or Shinobi vent heat much better since they are fully vented at the top rather than a small grill vent on each side
    I'm gonna go for the shinobi 80 I think.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wags For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (24-02-19)

Thanks

you'll be glad you did wags honestly, they vent heat way better since they are open vented on the top plate unlike the standard models

standard vents

turrican/shinobi vents

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

the green meanie (24-02-19), Wags (24-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,286 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post

miro95 - 95% reflective

It was you that told me about them. They don’t run cool though despite what people say.

Need very good extraction.

For my upgrade though I’m getting a second Turrican parabolic but I’ve got a gekko fan which should take care of things comfortably ( I hope )

I’m just about to upgrade and gonna have 2 x Turrican Parabolics.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squaggy For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (24-02-19), Wags (24-02-19)

Thanks

they let the warm air out via the top plate and the air gets removed via extraction, that's how they all work lol
    a horizontal bulb directs heat/light directly down, parabolic are vertical bulbs so do run cooler

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

the green meanie (24-02-19)

Thanks

Much appreciated info peeps! I’m nearly over my 24hr wonky one..and will be buying 2 of these. Flight of the navigator shit man wicked

20. The Following User Says Thank You to the green meanie For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (24-02-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast