Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingers BHO attempt

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,174 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    I just look up Micron size on a coffee filter, and found out they are only 20 microns, so I will have to get me something a little bigger. I have some 73 micron I could use for the leaves, but might by a 50 one in stead. A coffee filter would just not get much from it, I don't believe. JMO
    But doesn't the THC dissolve into the butane? It's not like you are doing ice hasj here where you leave the THC crystals intact right?
    Just guessing here btw, don't have any experience with this.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-02-19), Ginger-bud (27-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,284 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    My tube came today. I have 45.6 grams of bud pack in her. I believe I can get another 10.4 grams in her. I am going to use A 100 micron stainless Steal Screen for the bud, and a Coffee filter for my Leaves. It didn't come with the 50 micron screen, that Ginger-bud got with his. It is 2" in diam, and 7 1/2" long.

You got a thread for this hot shot?
    It's nice to be nice.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (27-02-19), GEORGE (27-02-19), Ginger-bud (27-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,276 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger-bud View Post
    How’s it going folks. After saving up my trim for the last few grows I decided to have a go at making some bho. I’ve made oil and hash and this time I thought I’d give this a go.
    I’ve never even seen this in real life so nothing to compare with how it’s turned out. But I’ve made vape juice out of it and eaten some so far. The vape juice has knocked 3 people for six when they’ve had a blast on mine. So guessing the mix was right I also ate a bit last night probably about a pea size amount. Kicked in about 2 hours later and spent the whole evening trying to work out the meaning of life then realised 5 hours had passed and I was still dribbling lol

Anyway on with a few pics
    I got a glass extraction tube off the bay with a mesh filter that u cable tie on the end. I purchased 6 cans of Newport butane as I’d heard it was quite good for this application.
    I ground up approximately 4 oz of trim. Hardly any bud in there as his was my experimental run.
    This really was easy compared to making oil as the gas evaporates quickly.

GINGERS DISCLAIMER - I’m not responsible if you blow your house up doing this. Don’t do it in doors, don’t be a fool , do it properly and safely and don’t mess about while doing the gasing. Its dangerous stuff.

Here we go
    So ground up some trim in the blender. No wife to moan about the mess anymore

Bag o trim

Ground up nice and fine

Glass extraction tube / arse dildo

Pack tube nice and tight and fit mesh screen

Away from the house in a nice breeze I pumped about just over a can through each oz tube.

Until it gases out the end and starts to run clear

When all tubes were extracted I place the dish in warm water to aid evaporation. It didn’t need it really as the gas was bubbling away nicely anyway.

Reduced down to this and took it indoors

Slow gently heat from my hob ( only after 99% of the gas had evaporated!)

Gave the dish a good scrape out and was left with this

Left on radiator cover for a few hours to heat purge the material as I’ve got no vacum chamber.

12 hours later it’s al almost solid mass until you touch it then it’s cooking stuck to you when it warms up !

Now I’m not sure how close to bho this is or weather it’s wax or all the other variations of this stuff out there but it’s darn strong and was a lot quicker and cleaner to make than iso oil. Not a massive return of 8 grammes out of 4 oz of leaves but for stuff that was going in the bin I’m pretty pleased with it.

Hope it helps anyone who’s interested in having a go at this. Just remember be safe people I know what fooking stoners are like lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    it

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to queen_elizaspliff_90 For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (27-02-19), GEORGE (27-02-19), Ginger-bud (27-02-19), Sadface (27-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Benson123 View Post
    You got a thread for this hot shot?
    NO, I just thought I would jump here on Ginger-bud, since he started it. haha I'm not going to put my up, until around the 6th of March.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (28-02-19), Cleargreen (27-02-19), Ginger-bud (27-02-19), Sadface (27-02-19)

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cleargreen View Post
    But doesn't the THC dissolve into the butane? It's not like you are doing ice hasj here where you leave the THC crystals intact right?
    Just guessing here btw, don't have any experience with this.
    After thinking about it, I think I will use a Coffee filter for the leaves. I don't think there are much bigger than 20 or 25 micron. I have a cloth 25 micron, I might just use that instead. I don't know how the gas works either, but I think you end up with about 85% THC with what ever you use. JMO

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (27-02-19), Ginger-bud (27-02-19), Sadface (27-02-19)

Thanks

Talking

Ok, I have been over on Google, and been reading up on the process. They all say it is better to use a 100 to 120 micron stainless steel screen. They say it gets more of the oil's out than using a 50 micron or A coffee filter. That sounds like a good reason, so I will be using the 100 micron for all my extraction leaves and buds. JMO after reading several post from more knowledgeable people. Thanks, goodness for the internet. lol

Mrs. Queen, I think you are on the right track.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (28-02-19), Ginger-bud (27-02-19), queen_elizaspliff_90 (27-02-19), Sadface (27-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times

Watch your eyebrows hotshot lol ...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (28-02-19), GEORGE (28-02-19), Ginger-bud (27-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

Good luck hotshot. The gas evaporates nice and quick think mine took about 15 mins to reduce down to gloop

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (28-02-19), GEORGE (28-02-19), Sadface (27-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

Quote Originally Posted by 420Rancher View Post
    I have used a heat gun in the final stages, your looks like a good run. Now try it with an oz of bud and watch the difference. . My tube can form a local shop and i just use a coffee filter over the end, mine disnt come with a metal screen.
    Now that you have made all three, which method do you think you would use next time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I’d make his again for sure. It’s quicker and cleaner to make than the iso. The bubble hash makes me cough to much. And I can use this to make vape juice and whatever else I can think of. I’ve kept mine in some silicon pots in the fridge and it’s a rock solid lump now. I’ve just been snapping a bit off and blasting it in the mighty vape. Works quite well so it does !

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

AND (02-03-19), Cleargreen (28-02-19), gardro (28-02-19), GEORGE (28-02-19), jumpman233345 (10-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Touch wood I get mine on the go this year! It's been gathering dust for too long

It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (28-02-19), Cleargreen (28-02-19), gardro (28-02-19), GEORGE (28-02-19), Ginger-bud (27-02-19), Sadface (28-02-19)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast