Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: EC recommendations from nutrient suppliers. Am I missing something

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Default EC recommendations from nutrient suppliers. Am I missing something

I currently use a Shogun feed in an RDWC system. I have been feeding at what EC Current Culture (the RDWC system manufacturer) recommend in their feed charts regarding EC/PPM as Shogun don't give recirculating recommendations. The maximum EC, CC recommend is 1.4/700 ppm using RO water when in full bloom and even that was pushing it looking at my plants.

Thinking of changing to GH nutrient line. Been looking at their recirculating feed chart and they recommend a max of 1400 ppm/2.8 ec feeding this high would finish my plants off in 24 hours.

Am I missing something??
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (25-02-19), Hippy Crack (25-02-19), Sadface (25-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Its bollocks....How would a nute or rdwc manufacturer even know what type of plants your growing or their feeling requirements...We feed them what they need and when they need it. It's up to the grower to work out how much they need dependant on the stage of growth and reading the plants to look for signs of under or over feeding....The plants tell us what they want not nute manufacturers...

Regards BL

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

BigDub (27-02-19), gardro (28-02-19), Greengrass (28-02-19), Hippy Crack (25-02-19), M_C (25-02-19), Sadface (25-02-19), toblue (25-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,438 Times

I use shogun. Used them for years.

Start at 0.4 and work your way up hydro reacts quickly so if you see yellowing after 12 hours up the feed.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fwank For This Useful Post:

Hippy Crack (25-02-19), Sadface (25-02-19), toblue (25-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Its bollocks....How would a nute or rdwc manufacturer even know what type of plants your growing or their feeling requirements...We feed them what they need and when they need it. Its up to use to work out how much they need dependant on the stage of growth and reading the plants to look for signs of under or over feeding....The plants tell us what they want not nute manufacturers...

Regards BL
    I agree with you wholeheartedly Bud but why do feed companies do it. General Hydroponics are a respected company and apparently cannabis feed experts, they stipulate grow /bloom /flush so they are talking cannabis. Why would they recommend something that would kill cannabis plants. Anyone using their recommendations would blame the poor results on the product, I just don't understand their logic. The only company that is anywhere near is Current Culture with their own brand nutrients.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (25-02-19), Hippy Crack (25-02-19), Sadface (25-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    I agree with you wholeheartedly Bud but why do feed companies do it. General Hydroponics are a respected company and apparently cannabis feed experts, they stipulate grow /bloom /flush so they are talking cannabis. Why would they recommend something that would kill cannabis plants. Anyone using their recommendations would blame the poor results on the product, I just don't understand their logic. The only company that is anywhere near is Current Culture with their own brand nutrients.
    I can't comment on GH i've never used it, however if you look at the likes of Canna, the name implies its specifically for cannabis but its not, they sell more to the food crop hydroponic industry than they do to canna growers so where exactly do their feed charts fit in ?...I've had two strains in the same room, Amnesia haze that was on Ec 1.6 and would have took more and Exodus cheese on Ec 1.2 showing slight tip burn...The point is they have different feed requirements so does every other plant and veg i've grown...Forget all these so called manufacturer feed charts there are too many variables, you have to tailor the feed strength to each individual plants requirements..

Regards BL

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Hippy Crack (26-02-19), Sadface (25-02-19), toblue (25-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

I been using Dutch pro range toblue , in my rdwc. Seem pretty reliable. Never had them up as high as their feed chart suggests (2.0) but like bud says it’s gotta be tailored to what you grow eh. I dont use ro water though and got a back ground of 0.8 in my water. Still only take mine up as high as 1.8. But Dutch pro has done me pretty good since i started.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

Hippy Crack (26-02-19), Sadface (25-02-19), toblue (25-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

I’m led to believe Canna are heavily into both cannabis and other crops, although they’re not allowed to say they are in the U.K. market they still have the cannabis leaf on the bottles in Holland, I was told they had that on in the U.K. years ago but had to change due to regulations.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

Sadface (25-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger-bud View Post
    I been using Dutch pro range toblue , in my rdwc. Seem pretty reliable. Never had them up as high as their feed chart suggests (2.0) but like bud says it’s gotta be tailored to what you grow eh. I dont use ro water though and got a back ground of 0.8 in my water. Still only take mine up as high as 1.8. But Dutch pro has done me pretty good since i started.
    Jeezus Ginge mate I wouldn't know where to start with a 0.8 background, mines 0.2 occasionally zero don't even register on the truncheon. So if I fed at 1.2 and you fed at 1.8 would our feed be the same = to 1.0

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (28-02-19), Sadface (25-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    I can't comment on GH i've never used it, however if you look at the likes of Canna, the name implies its specifically for cannabis but its not, they sell more to the food crop hydroponic industry than they do to canna growers so where exactly do their feed charts fit in ?...I've had two strains in the same room, Amnesia haze that was on Ec 1.6 and would have took more and Exodus cheese on Ec 1.2 showing slight tip burn...The point is they have different feed requirements so does every other plant and veg i've grown...Forget all these so called manufacturer feed charts there are too many variables, you have to tailor the feed strength to each individual plants requirements..

Regards BL
    That's the bit I dont get. Their feed charts are week by week for cannabis, veg, flower, flush with ec up to 2.4

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Hippy Crack (26-02-19), Sadface (25-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times

I grow with no EC checking what so ever in coco...but the feeding suggestion on the bottles of all the feed I've used over the years is well out of whack by a long chalk..I started out with best intentions and bought a tds pen by mistake so that was the end of that

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

Hippy Crack (26-02-19), toblue (25-02-19)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast