Thread: Dimming Q B

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Default Dimming Q B

How do guys after reading a thread in Millwall's diary regarding not running the Q B's at full tilt i think i've managed to turn mine down as i have it over seedlings and it seems much duller than before, i'm going for a plug in watt meter today so i can see exactly what i'm running at as i don't know how much of a turn to give the screw "i am on the right screw here yeah"

Any idea what i should be running over seedlings and then how many watts for flower, they are auto's so no veg, oh this might sound like a stupid question but can i adjust the screw with light on or must it be off, cheers guys, all the best G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (14-03-19), Herbitual (26-02-19), Ironman (26-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by G' View Post
    How do guys after reading a thread in Millwall's diary regarding not running the Q B's at full tilt i think i've managed to turn mine down as i have it over seedlings and it seems much duller than before, i'm going for a plug in watt meter today so i can see exactly what i'm running at as i don't know how much of a turn to give the screw "i am on the right screw here yeah"

Any idea what i should be running over seedlings and then how many watts for flower, they are auto's so no veg, oh this might sound like a stupid question but can i adjust the screw with light on or must it be off, cheers guys, all the best G'.
    You want it turned right down for seedlings mate. That'll be about 95watts. I start to crank mine up mid to end of stretch a bit every few days until I'm running at 260w.

It's fine to adjust the dimmer when its turned on too. That is the correct screw too.

Sent from Thames Iron works

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Bundy75 (26-02-19), Cleargreen (14-03-19), G' (26-02-19), Herbitual (26-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    You want it turned right down for seedlings mate. That'll be about 95watts. I start to crank mine up mid to end of stretch a bit every few days until I'm running at 260w.

It's fine to adjust the dimmer when its turned on too. That is the correct screw too.

Sent from Thames Iron works
    Thanks Iron brother i'm terrible with anything electric mate got a real bad electric shock when i was 14 trying to plug an electric guitar into the back of an old radiogram couldn't see a thing just a blinding light for about 15 minutes so further than putting plugs on i give anything electric a wide body swerve mukka, thanks again Iron, all the best, G'.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (14-03-19), Herbitual (26-02-19), Ironman (26-02-19)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by G' View Post
    Thanks Iron brother i'm terrible with anything electric mate got a real bad electric shock when i was 14 trying to plug an electric guitar into the back of an old radiogram couldn't see a thing just a blinding light for about 15 minutes so further than putting plugs on i give anything electric a wide body swerve mukka, thanks again Iron, all the best, G'.
    Bet that guitar sounded sweet though lol

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (14-03-19), G' (26-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,190 Times

The elg 240 c2100a will dim to 80w and will be running at 270w maxed out when running the lm301b kits if using the lm561c it will be 95w _290w range

Sent from my Nokia 2.1 using Tapatalk

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Invisible_Sun For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (14-03-19), G' (26-02-19), scoobywho (01-06-19)