Thread: Probably a previously asked question

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,948 Times

Default Probably a previously asked question

Hey everybody, I’ve got a question about nutrients but it’s probably been asked hundreds of times and I can’t find any pins on it. So I’ve been using Poundland nutrients with a rather good result from them, it’s a three part system (A) Grow (B) Bloom (C) PK Boost, I also used some bud factor X and overdrive. Recently I bought some Advanced nutrients PH perfect A+B for coco, but turns out I was ripped off because it’s definitely not PH perfect and after I found that out I stopped using it because I have no idea what’s in it and just went back to the Poundland ones.

But for my next grow I’ll have some extra money so I’d like to get some decent nutrients but I don’t want to spend the earth, so what’s a good simple set of nutes that won’t cost too much? It can’t get too complicated because I overthink and will definitely fuck it up even with instructions on what to do and how to use loo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Itslittyofc View Post
    Hey everybody, I’ve got a question about nutrients but it’s probably been asked hundreds of times and I can’t find any pins on it. So I’ve been using Poundland nutrients with a rather good result from them, it’s a three part system (A) Grow (B) Bloom (C) PK Boost, I also used some bud factor X and overdrive. Recently I bought some Advanced nutrients PH perfect A+B for coco, but turns out I was ripped off because it’s definitely not PH perfect and after I found that out I stopped using it because I have no idea what’s in it and just went back to the Poundland ones.

But for my next grow I’ll have some extra money so I’d like to get some decent nutrients but I don’t want to spend the earth, so what’s a good simple set of nutes that won’t cost too much? It can’t get too complicated because I overthink and will definitely fuck it up even with instructions on what to do and how to use loo

Ph perfect is good shit mate, what was your issues with it?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Itslittyofc (27-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Ph perfect is good shit mate, what was your issues with it?
    Turned out I was ripped off, bought some odd eBay. It changed nothing with the PH it stayed at a solid 8-9, I’m sure I could’ve Ph’d it down but if I was lied to about the PH Perfect I didn’t want it to not be genuine nutrients that might affect my harvest so I went back to what I knew worked

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

PH Perfect seems to come with very mixed reviews. Whilst I wouldn't say that I wouldn't recommend them, I wouldn't use them.

In coco I use Canna Coco A&B & the only other thing I add is Poundland PK
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

8. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Itslittyofc (28-02-19)

Macky Guest

What medium are going to grow in mate?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Itslittyofc (28-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Canna a and b here also. They seem reasonably priced compared to some of cannas additives.
    Currently using the Canna rhizotonic, cal mag, pk and bloom too but I'm dropping the bloom from next grow and will be looking into the poundland pk.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Itslittyofc (28-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    PH Perfect seems to come with very mixed reviews. Whilst I wouldn't say that I wouldn't recommend them, I wouldn't use them.

In coco I use Canna Coco A&B & the only other thing I add is Poundland PK
    I only bothered with them because I thought I’d save myself a bit of time making sure the PH was right, but ended up giving my plants some big problems. I’m definitely going to have a look st canna coco though mate, I thought about asking in my hydro shop but they’re overpriced and would try sell me every bottle on the shelf

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    What medium are going to grow in mate?
    I was going to go with verve, but I noticed compared to the coco plants it stayed pretty small and full of nitrogen I flushed it for 3 weeks and still no real colour change so it’ll probably be coco again mate

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    Canna a and b here also. They seem reasonably priced compared to some of cannas additives.
    Currently using the Canna rhizotonic, cal mag, pk and bloom too but I'm dropping the bloom from next grow and will be looking into the poundland pk.
    I’ll definitely have to have a gander at canna A+B, seen a few diaries with canna in their feeds and they look strong and tasty. My only problem (I’m putting it down to nutrients because I’ve left specific plants to go till near death just to make sure they had finished) with the Poundland nutes as my only nutes it seems the bud structure is a bit weak, it doesn’t look like it makes a dense bud. Plenty of calyxs but they don’t pack up on top of each other so much which is why I want to try a different range. But I’ll probably keep the PK booster around though