Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Negative pressure grow tent lighting and temps.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

[QUOTE=Gabriel Green Hands;1070923142]
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    I ended up adding 2 holes to my tent using spigots/flanges. Sorta like the below video only I used one on both inside and outside so I could attach ducting inside if needed

that is an amazingly excellent idea and I cannot believe all the searching that I did I did not come across that video. I did quite a bit of searching a lot of people mention the light baffle on other things but not a flange such as this this would be a problem solver. If my tent holds up this is the next upgrade I will do to it. Thanks.
    Glad I could help mate

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Gabriel Green Hands (02-03-19), GEORGE (02-03-19), Greengrass (01-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

I have my two vents open at the bottom of my tent and it’s never caused me an issue if that helps. I’m pretty sure they need to be open if your not using an intake fan for the air to pass through.
    If it worries you that much though try and gwt the room pretty dark and use one of them green lights that you can work around the plants with.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

Thanks

273030786451 here is an item number for a light from a popular auction site

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hippy Crack View Post
    273030786451 here is an item number for a light from a popular auction site
    Very cool light man. I don't go in there when it's dark though. I ordered a variable speed fan controllercontroller and I'm going to build a second cardboard light blocker for the rectangular vents.
    I noticed that some of the seams were showing pinhole light leaks from where it was stitched well the light was on in the grow tent and the room lighting was off. so hopefully that should solve the problem without raising the temps too high because I have to run the fan at a reduced speed.
    Last edited by Gabriel Green Hands; 02-03-19 at 04:04 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gabriel Green Hands For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-03-19)

Thanks

You know what just hit me like a ton of bricks you know who doesn't have to worry about light leaks? people who grow Auto strains. When seeds become more readily available here I may end up going that route.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gabriel Green Hands For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Green Hands View Post
    Very cool light man. I don't go in there when it's dark though. I ordered a variable speed fan controllercontroller and I'm going to build a second cardboard light blocker for the rectangular vents.
    I noticed that some of the seams were showing pinhole light leaks from where it was stitched well the light was on in the grow tent and the room lighting was off. so hopefully that should solve the problem without raising the temps too high because I have to run the fan at a reduced speed.
    My train of thought was if you left the light off in the room your tents in then this would suffice and if you need to go in there you can use this green light rarther than putting the big light on , where is your tent in the house?
    I don’t know what country your in but most seed companies in the U.K. will ship the seeds stealth and you can pay by btc

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

Gabriel Green Hands (02-03-19), GEORGE (04-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

So my theory about the stars and moon is that the plant get adjusted to its nature.
    Indoors we teach them pitch dark. so if there's a light leak they don't know what's going on and stress. outdoors it's always just 95% dark there's no pitch dark and this is what they know.
    Just my 2 cents though, anyway I would avoid light leaks at any cost because it's such a tiny thing to take care of.

Would love to know if someone had a consistent indirect light near the groom though, to validate my theory

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hippy Crack View Post
    My train of thought was if you left the light off in the room your tents in then this would suffice and if you need to go in there you can use this green light rarther than putting the big light on , where is your tent in the house?
    I don’t know what country your in but most seed companies in the U.K. will ship the seeds stealth and you can pay by btc
    That is a good idea! The tent is actually in my room. So yeah that is smart have the green light as my room light. Ha. Then it won't matter if I have a light leak.

I think I have it under control right now though I went ahead and ordered those flanges and going to get rid of the light baffle box on the side just run ducking on the new flanges that are put in on the side of the tent. it was a better plan anyway because this way I can get fresh air from outside or my attic space where it's cooler.

as far as seeds I've gone through several vendors I'm not sure if it is okay to mention their names on the website without violating form rules but I will keep it generic and saying that I've ordered from the Netherlands also from the United kingdom and right here inside the United States.

Now my thoughts on that are that generally no matter the vendor seeds coming in from the UK cross the US border easier than seeds coming from a Target countries such as the Netherlands.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk
    My grow diary.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...oudly-presents

I document so when pounds are found they know who grew it. 10 ounce store bought limit. No limit on what you can have from your home harvest as long as you can prove you green it. So here go.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gabriel Green Hands For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-03-19), Hippy Crack (02-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    So my theory about the stars and moon is that the plant get adjusted to its nature.
    Indoors we teach them pitch dark. so if there's a light leak they don't know what's going on and stress. outdoors it's always just 95% dark there's no pitch dark and this is what they know.
    Just my 2 cents though, anyway I would avoid light leaks at any cost because it's such a tiny thing to take care of.

Would love to know if someone had a consistent indirect light near the groom though, to validate my theory
    this may have a lot to do with it these plants are highly adaptable and you take a plant a strain out of one region and you start growing it for a couple of generations in another region that plant begins to change based on its environment.

Sewing outdoor plant from seedling or childhood if you will has been exposed to the normal day night light cycles with the normal amount of light pollution during the night. Now if you had a huge parking light there was a thousand watt metal halide or high pressure sodium like they like to use here and you tried to grow a plant near that you might have issues.

so I think the theory is correct that outdoor plants may have more tolerance for light pollution.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gabriel Green Hands For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-03-19), Shreder (02-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Green Hands View Post
    this may have a lot to do with it these plants are highly adaptable and you take a plant a strain out of one region and you start growing it for a couple of generations in another region that plant begins to change based on its environment.

Sewing outdoor plant from seedling or childhood if you will has been exposed to the normal day night light cycles with the normal amount of light pollution during the night. Now if you had a huge parking light there was a thousand watt metal halide or high pressure sodium like they like to use here and you tried to grow a plant near that you might have issues.

so I think the theory is correct that outdoor plants may have more tolerance for light pollution.

ay ay capitan
    am not a pro grower but rly the more experience i get the more i realize how simple those plants are..

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-03-19), Hippy Crack (02-03-19)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast