Thread: My BHO run trim and bud

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

Default My BHO run trim and bud

Inspire by Ginger-buds post on BHO,
    last year i had a couple hectic grows that didn’t get the attention they deserved. I am finally getting around to processing some of the product prior to starting a new grow.
    In the past i have always ran popcorn bud and high quality trim, for this run i will use what i have.

I had a bag of trim and leaves that i processed not having any expectations as this is the lowest grade i could have to start.

For my second run i have some light airy bud from some Mephisto mystery mix plant.
    The gear! And yes i will also run an RSO run as you can tell by the photo.

Trim +tube weight (457G)

Bud

Trim 563-457=94 G material i ran 700ml of butane thru the tube.

310-308=2G
    Better than throwing this out!

Bud 582-457=125G i ran 800ml of butane
    I ran out of butane but will run more thru the bud only.
    At this point

615-591=24G

With more butane i sure both numbers would of been higher.
    I will update after a second run on the bud.

My attempt at maximizing my humidifier, i also use a travel hair dryer gently to assist releasing bubbles.

So a rough estimate is 6G of concentrate per oz of bud on my first run.

This side by side is a great demonstration of quality making quantity. Only the goodness come thru.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (24-10-19), G' (20-03-19), GEORGE (03-03-19), Ginger-bud (05-03-19), M_C (03-03-19), Sadface (20-03-19)

Thanks

Well i found that my end product was thick and grainy, as you can see by my photo

I decided that i wanted to refine it as the container i used did not have enough area to let this large of a batch flow thin to allow all the butane out.
    At this stage i decided to use some iso and dissolve and thin the product.

I then boiled it off to get a nice golden oil.

I still have more to refine but am very pleased with the texture and consistency.

When ya grow your own it’s always nice to process to allow room for another grow!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (10-09-22), Cleargreen (24-10-19), G' (20-03-19), GEORGE (23-03-19), Ginger-bud (20-03-19), Sadface (20-03-19)

Thanks

A better shot of the consistency

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (10-09-22), Cleargreen (24-10-19), G' (20-03-19), GEORGE (23-03-19), Ginger-bud (20-03-19)