Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How do I work out CBD dosages?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Made my 1st batch of oil this evening. Used 2oz of ground solomatic cbd bud. Meant to be around 20% cbd if I'm lucky. Added 500ml of mct oil and about to jar and freeze it. The 30ml bottles are 500mg per 30ml so if my guesstimation and workings are correct, I should have enough for 17 bottles of similar strength

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (19-01-20), GEORGE (18-01-20), WhIpLaSh (18-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    Made my 1st batch of oil this evening. Used 2oz of ground solomatic cbd bud. Meant to be around 20% cbd if I'm lucky. Added 500ml of mct oil and about to jar and freeze it. The 30ml bottles are 500mg per 30ml so if my guesstimation and workings are correct, I should have enough for 17 bottles of similar strength
    Nice one. Let us know how it turns out...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (19-01-20), GEORGE (18-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    Hi all, currently I give my dog King kanine CBD oil daily for the bladder cancer and it works wonders. I'm wondering how I can make my own to match the strengths on the bottle I buy 300mg in 30ml. Are the 300mg figures the oil weight? How much oil can be made at that strength if I grew a purely CBD plant and harvested an ounce of bud along with all the trimmings?
    Currently it's costing a fair bit to keep restocking the oil.
    If you follow a recipe like chews for isopropyl extractions, then you can get about 650 mg in 1 g of concentrated cannabis oil. 1 g of concentrated cannabis oil is the equivalent of 1 ml in an oral syringe.

So what I do is I extract all the way down to a syringe of straight RSO. Then I dilute back up the other way. You can add olive oil or any kind of oil really to thin out your RSO until you get a strength about what you want.

So what you could do is take 1 g of RSO and dilute it with say 40 to 50 mil of some type of carrier oil. Put that in a dropper bottle and then measure out how many droppers full it takes to empty the bottle. You might be able to find a bottle that'll tell you that and you might check it before you start with some other liquid all you really need to know is that one bottle holds approximately ,now that I think about it an average run would probably be more like 600 mg of cannabinoids to 1 g of cannabis oil. Once you know how many droppers to fill a bottle and how many drops to fill a dropper you can work out your dosages.

Anyway, I've done a lot of testing and it's rare for people to get more than about 70% cannabinoids from your typical isopropyl extraction. If you have really high yielding weed you can get up around 80%. But I think it's fair to go with a lower average like 60% which is 600 mg in one gram of oil.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (30-10-20), GEORGE (30-10-20), Silkadin (30-10-20)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3