Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do I work out CBD dosages?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Default How do I work out CBD dosages?

Hi all, currently I give my dog King kanine CBD oil daily for the bladder cancer and it works wonders. I'm wondering how I can make my own to match the strengths on the bottle I buy 300mg in 30ml. Are the 300mg figures the oil weight? How much oil can be made at that strength if I grew a purely CBD plant and harvested an ounce of bud along with all the trimmings?
    Currently it's costing a fair bit to keep restocking the oil.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

AND (06-03-19), CityDweller (23-04-19), GEORGE (14-04-19), M_C (06-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,927 Times

Ive been wondering this myself mate but never found any answers :-( Its very frustrating mg & % seem to be two different worlds with no overlap.

Best thing I came up with was to make your own medicine and then trial and error. Say 2 drops for pain. Increase as needed
    Current grow: Cindy jocks & Royal Dwaft

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ery-Auto-Diary

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

2wasted (26-11-19), AND (06-03-19), CityDweller (23-04-19), GEORGE (14-04-19), Valentina (05-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    Hi all, currently I give my dog King kanine CBD oil daily for the bladder cancer and it works wonders. I'm wondering how I can make my own to match the strengths on the bottle I buy 300mg in 30ml. Are the 300mg figures the oil weight? How much oil can be made at that strength if I grew a purely CBD plant and harvested an ounce of bud along with all the trimmings?
    Not entirely sure what you mean by Are the 300mg figures the oil weight?

"300mg in 300ml" I would read that as 300mg CBD in 300ml of whatever comes out of the bottle. In other words, pour out everything there is in the bottle, you have 300mg CBD, in 300ml of liquid.

There is no detailed info regarding what oil is used and densities and so on, so this will be a bit of a stab in the dark.

To reverse engineer an oil of that concentration, somewhere along the line you'll need 300mg of CBD, and 300 ml of some edible oil.

So if you had a 10% CBD strain, then assuming the seedbreeder's info is spot on and your grow skills is perfect and you have perfect bud that fits the blurb on the websites to a T, then, and only then, will you have this conversion:

1 gram of that 10% CBD bud would have 100mg of CBD on it.

So that bottle of oil that you bought off the internet (I presume), can be made with 3 grams of 10% CBD bud by some chemical industrial method into that oil, into that bottle.

So if you used another strain, or you had a glitch in your grow, or you had a dud seed, much of that blurb I wrote above goes out the window. That's why that stuff needs lab testing for strengths and water content etc.

I have also left out some of the more pedantic aspects in the calculation of X percentage in Y amount of oil sh*te because the density of oil is less than water, and data on purity of the cannabis extract etc is not available. It's however a near enough approximation and if it was me I would run it like that.

No idea about the strengths of the trimmings.

If your strain is 10% CBD and the grow went well and everything's perfect, 1 oz equals 28 grams so there is 2.8 gram CBD on that ounce of bud. To make a home brew version of that oil, your ounce can make just over 9 bottles of oil at 300 ml each.

Hope that makes sense.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

2wasted (26-11-19), AND (06-03-19), CityDweller (23-04-19), Cleargreen (19-10-19), GEORGE (14-04-19), UpT0wn (06-03-19)

Thanks

Awesome info there, tho its 30ml instead of 300. I've they do 3 strengths in the 30ml bottles... 75mg, 150mg and 300mg.

Contains a mix of pure hemp extract, natural high omega-3 krill oil, and a touch of natural lavender for extra calming effects.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

AND (06-03-19), CityDweller (23-04-19), Cleargreen (19-10-19), GEORGE (14-04-19), redisiel (10-04-19), Valentina (05-03-19)

Thanks

D'oh! Thanks, Silkadin. Let me rework that.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

2wasted (26-11-19), AND (06-03-19), CityDweller (23-04-19), Cleargreen (19-10-19), GEORGE (14-04-19), redisiel (10-04-19), Silkadin (06-03-19)

Thanks

So their formulation has 300 mg CBD in 30 ml...

3 gram of 10% bud in 30 ml oil.

28 grams of 10% bud gives 280 ml oil if everything is perfect.

How do you plan on getting the CBD into the oil?

You know how I do mine, right? Bud plus coconut oil in a milk pan over the hob on the lowest setting, for 45-60 mins until the bubbles (the decarb) slow down. Strain with tea strainer then bottle up.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

2wasted (26-11-19), AND (06-03-19), CityDweller (23-04-19), Cleargreen (19-10-19), GEORGE (14-04-19), redisiel (10-04-19), Silkadin (05-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    So their formulation has 300 mg CBD in 30 ml...

3 gram of 10% bud in 30 ml oil.

28 grams of 10% bud gives 280 ml oil if everything is perfect.

How do you plan on getting the CBD into the oil?

You know how I do mine, right? Bud plus coconut oil in a milk pan over the hob on the lowest setting, for 45-60 mins until the bubbles (the decarb) slow down. Strain with tea strainer then bottle up.
    I plan on copying you if I'm honest lol
    Big fan of coconut oil so will use that I think. Won't be for a while yet but def next grow will have one in there as it's costing 80 bucks per bottle per month atm.
    Thanks for explaining and doing the maths for me

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

AND (06-03-19), CityDweller (23-04-19), Cleargreen (19-10-19), GEORGE (14-04-19), redisiel (10-04-19), Valentina (05-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    I plan on copying you if I'm honest lol
    Big fan of coconut oil so will use that I think. Won't be for a while yet but def next grow will have one in there as it's costing 80 bucks per bottle per month atm.
    Thanks for explaining and doing the maths for me
    You are most welcome, Silkadin! Sorry I c*cked up on the first time.

This has actually got me thinking about strains and their reported THC and CBD percentages. If that is out in any way, the oil in the end could be stronger or weaker. The saving grace is that the worse case scenario is that we have a lethargic but happy and relaxed dog for as long as (s)he takes to metabolise the oil.

I am in all honesty on a similar boat. I can buy a RSO type CBD paste, so we blend that with a oil with THC and use that. If it wasn't for my renal-impaired patient, I would probably never have been here. The oil has bought us time and though somewhere in the back of my mind there is that niggle, the only way to deal with it is to carry on.

Dinafem's "Purple Orange" has been great for us. For now I have 2 CBD Sweet & Sour regs from Seedsman, I have been really hoping to get a male so we could have a few seeds, but your post has just brought me back down to earth that the priority is to have CBD bud, not breeding.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

2wasted (26-11-19), AND (06-03-19), CityDweller (23-04-19), Cleargreen (19-10-19), GEORGE (14-04-19), redisiel (10-04-19), Silkadin (06-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    You are most welcome, Silkadin! Sorry I c*cked up on the first time.

This has actually got me thinking about strains and their reported THC and CBD percentages. If that is out in any way, the oil in the end could be stronger or weaker. The saving grace is that the worse case scenario is that we have a lethargic but happy and relaxed dog for as long as (s)he takes to metabolise the oil.

I am in all honesty on a similar boat. I can buy a RSO type CBD paste, so we blend that with a oil with THC and use that. If it wasn't for my renal-impaired patient, I would probably never have been here. The oil has bought us time and though somewhere in the back of my mind there is that niggle, the only way to deal with it is to carry on.

Dinafem's "Purple Orange" has been great for us. For now I have 2 CBD Sweet & Sour regs from Seedsman, I have been really hoping to get a male so we could have a few seeds, but your post has just brought me back down to earth that the priority is to have CBD bud, not breeding.
    So I've been reading up on a few stickies here and am partway through watching that run from the cure documentary and if I understand correctly, the thc fights the cancer, or at least creates an environment where it dies, and the CBD helps make that possible whilst also treating some of the cancer symptoms like inflammation.
    Would it therefore make sense to get a strain with some thc content? Currently I give the pooch a Pettis poirs worth of northern lights Canna butter every day or two. Not enough to get her stoned I'm told and she handles it fine. I've seen doses for the CBD knocking about, but till today didn't realise how effective the thc was.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

2wasted (26-11-19), CityDweller (23-04-19), Cleargreen (19-10-19), GEORGE (14-04-19), redisiel (10-04-19)

Thanks

I read through the comments and I don’t think this will be overly redundant. I have been using CBD oil for 3 years now and take approximately 70 mg a day (5 x 1ml capsules @14 mg CBD per). dosing is very important as too little won’t give the full benefit and you will actually have a reduced benefit if you take too much. I started making my own oil as the manufactured oil was ungodly expensive. Unless you have the proper lab equipment it is difficult to get the concentrated CBD oil with a simple infusion process but I don’t think that should be a concern for you. Dosing is simple math.

1 Gram of bud = 1000 mg

1 g of 10% CBD = 100 mg of CBD

Infuse 1 g of 10% CBD bud in 100 ml of carrier oil = 1% CBD per ml of oil

My CBD bud is lab tested at 14% CBD so:

10 g of bud = 1400 mg of CBD

Infused in 100 ml of carrier oil = 14 mg CBD per ml.

As you are making this for your fur baby, I would suggest you use lard for the carrier oil. One of the people I make capsules for can’t take butter, coconut oil or vegetable oils so I use lard and it works great. Hope this helps!

H420

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hobby420 For This Useful Post:

2wasted (26-11-19), CityDweller (23-04-19), Cleargreen (19-10-19), GEORGE (14-04-19), redisiel (10-04-19), Silkadin (09-04-19), Valentina (20-10-19)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast