Thread: First compost tea recipe

Thanks

Default First compost tea recipe

As the tittle says am atarting my first compost tea recipe and was wanting a little bit of input from others.

Doing a 22 litre brew using worm compost thinking about 4 cups
    Biobizz alg a mic
    Biobizz fish mix

Am unsure of the amounts of the fishmix and alg a mic. Biobizz website says 2ml per litre for both which seems alot too me. Read some 5 gallon recipes that use about a tablespoon of liquid fertiliser but where using black strap molasses aswell i dont have any for this run.

So should I use a much smaller amount or stick to what there saying? Thanks in advance

2. The Following User Says Thank You to martinthestoner For This Useful Post:

redisiel (06-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

I would only put about a cup of compost mate and try and bubble it with a air stone for at least 24 hours I would put about a 1/; cup molasses when you get it but the amounts of nutrients sounds ok really
    Atb
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

martinthestoner (06-03-19)

Thanks

Cheers Red I dont have molasses this time will be using it next time though. Should a just use 1 cup of compost with no fish mix or tht am sure the other one is jist seaweed extract

6. The Following User Says Thank You to martinthestoner For This Useful Post:

redisiel (10-03-19)

Thanks

Just seen the end of your post mate thanks Red lets hope all goes well

8. The Following User Says Thank You to martinthestoner For This Useful Post:

redisiel (06-03-19)

Thanks

Right been bubbling away for about 40 hours now at about 22 c. Looks a nice coffee colour not massive amounts of foam as it dissapates away when wipi g fown the slime round the bucket.

Got some molasses today same situation though with recipes says only use a teaspoon per gallon? Should a just use 1/4 of a cup of molasses and keep all the other ingredients the same Red?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to martinthestoner For This Useful Post:

redisiel (10-03-19)