Thread: Please critique my feeding regime rdwc

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Default Please critique my feeding regime rdwc

Should soon be finished my first RDWC grow and to be truthful it won't be great. Stretchy in veg and the buds are leafy (not airy). Nutrient burned and the PH was all over the place. IMO I was feeding to high. Been running Shogun nutes but decided to have a change.

This will be what I will use next time and the reasons why I have chosen each product.

Would be great if experienced RDWC growers could critique my mix.

All constructive criticism would be appreciated but please give a reason regarding your critiquing. Don't just post "it's all snake oil" If it is snake oil please tell me why or give me a better /cheaper alternative. I also know I could grow good bud with base feed and cal/mag but growing is my hobby and I want to grow the best bud I possibly can.

System: 8 pot RDWC with epicenter, 300 litre (80 US gallons) and additional 200 litre feed tank with ballcock. 10 LPM to each of the 8 - 150mm micro bubble air stones, (for this next grow I may add a water fall into each tub, just a pump in the epicenter with pipe to each tub, shooting water into the top).

OK here we go!

BACKGROUND TAP WATER VERY SOFT maximum of 0.2 EC (100 PPM Hanna), 7.2 PH

NUTRIENT TEMP SEEMS STABLE FOR NOW WITHOUT CHILLER BETWEEN 16C / 60F LIGHTS OFF - AND 18 - 21C(MAX) / 64 - 70F(MAX) LIGHTS ON.

Will foliar feed during veg with GH Necta, Seaweed extract and Yucca extract

BASE FEED

GENERAL HYDROPONICS 3 PART FLORA SERIES.
    I love the idea of being able to tailor my feed to suit different periods of the grow. It also allows me to drop PK supplements. GH 3 part Flora Series has been around forever and hardly anyone has a bad word to say about it.

ADDITIVES/SUPPLEMENTS

PLEASE NOTE MOST GH SUPPLEMENTS/BOOSTERS ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN UK

BUDDHAS TREE SOLAR GREEN SILICA
    UK product which seems to be the best of the bunch. Used and recommended by experienced growers and most importantly it doesn't mess with PH.

BOTANICARE CAL-MAG PLUS
    This cal/mag is reasonably priced against some of the other top brands and is apparently used by many commercial growers in US, it has also been on the go for some time. It also does not seem to contain base nutrients that will interfere with my GH base nutrient formula, it does however contains trace minerals, vitamins, amino acids and plant extracts

GH DIAMOND NECTA
    I have always been interested in the use of Humics and as I grow in RDWC think Fulvic as opposed to Humic would be my best bet.

CANNA BOOST
    I wanted a booster that did not contain any extra basic nutrients just thrown in for good luck as that would interfere with my GH Flora series base. CB seemed to fit the bill, well tried and tested.
    MICROBE LIFE PHOTOSYNTHESIS PLUS
    Last but not least Microbe Life Photosynthesis Plus. I have used this product before and love it! Could see the difference within 2 days. Should keep root rat at bay as it has a good helping of Bacillus amyloliquefaciens (1,000 times more than Hydroguard) and loads of other beneficials. Will add this at manufacturers recommended full strength initially (2 days after system fill) and then weekly at 1/2 manufacturers recommended.

ALL ADDITIVES/ SUPPLEMENTS WILL BE ADDED AT MANUFACTURERS MINIMUM RECOMMENDED.

GH FLORA WILL BE ADDED ACCORDINGLY SEE CHART BELOW.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FINAL FEED CHART.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	236.3 KB 
ID:	370565
    Last edited by toblue; 09-03-19 at 03:43 PM.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-03-19), JB (10-03-19), redisiel (09-03-19), tom222 (09-03-19), weedjunkie420 (09-03-19)

Thanks

Forgot to mention I may add some LAB (Lactic acid bacteria) when I can find out more about its use in RDWC.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-03-19)

Thanks

Must be some RDWC experts somewhere. Bump.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Should soon be finished my first RDWC grow and to be truthful it won't be great. Stretchy in veg and the buds are leafy (not airy). Nutrient burned and the PH was all over the place. IMO I was feeding to high. Been running Shogun nutes but decided to have a change.

This will be what I will use next time and the reasons why I have chosen each product.

Would be great if experienced RDWC growers could critique my mix.

All constructive criticism would be appreciated but please give a reason regarding your critiquing. Don't just post "it's all snake oil" If it is snake oil please tell me why or give me a better /cheaper alternative. I also know I could grow good bud with base feed and cal/mag but growing is my hobby and I want to grow the best bud I possibly can.

System: 8 pot RDWC with epicenter, 300 litre (80 US gallons) and additional 200 litre feed tank with ballcock. 10 LPM to each of the 8 - 150mm micro bubble air stones, (for this next grow I may add a water fall into each tub, just a pump in the epicenter with pipe to each tub, shooting water into the top).

OK here we go!

BACKGROUND TAP WATER VERY SOFT maximum of 0.2 EC (100 PPM Hanna), 7.2 PH

NUTRIENT TEMP SEEMS STABLE FOR NOW WITHOUT CHILLER BETWEEN 16C / 60F LIGHTS OFF - AND 18 - 21C(MAX) / 64 - 70F(MAX) LIGHTS ON.

Will foliar feed during veg with GH Necta, Seaweed extract and Yucca extract

BASE FEED

GENERAL HYDROPONICS 3 PART FLORA SERIES.
    I love the idea of being able to tailor my feed to suit different periods of the grow. It also allows me to drop PK supplements. GH 3 part Flora Series has been around forever and hardly anyone has a bad word to say about it.

ADDITIVES/SUPPLEMENTS

PLEASE NOTE MOST GH SUPPLEMENTS/BOOSTERS ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN UK

BUDDHAS TREE SOLAR GREEN SILICA
    UK product which seems to be the best of the bunch. Used and recommended by experienced growers and most importantly it doesn't mess with PH.

BOTANICARE CAL-MAG PLUS
    This cal/mag is reasonably priced against some of the other top brands and is apparently used by many commercial growers in US, it has also been on the go for some time. It also does not seem to contain base nutrients that will interfere with my GH base nutrient formula, it does however contains trace minerals, vitamins, amino acids and plant extracts

GH DIAMOND NECTA
    I have always been interested in the use of Humics and as I grow in RDWC think Fulvic as opposed to Humic would be my best bet.

CANNA BOOST
    I wanted a booster that did not contain any extra basic nutrients just thrown in for good luck as that would interfere with my GH Flora series base. CB seemed to fit the bill, well tried and tested.
    MICROBE LIFE PHOTOSYNTHESIS PLUS
    Last but not least Microbe Life Photosynthesis Plus. I have used this product before and love it! Could see the difference within 2 days. Should keep root rat at bay as it has a good helping of Bacillus amyloliquefaciens (1,000 times more than Hydroguard) and loads of other beneficials. Will add this at manufacturers recommended full strength initially (2 days after system fill) and then weekly at 1/2 manufacturers recommended.

ALL ADDITIVES/ SUPPLEMENTS WILL BE ADDED AT MANUFACTURERS MINIMUM RECOMMENDED.

GH FLORA WILL BE ADDED ACCORDINGLY SEE CHART BELOW.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FINAL FEED CHART.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	236.3 KB 
ID:	370565
    I use general hydroponics flora series as well. Check out their website for a better feed chart. I noticed that with nute sensitive plants, I get some burn, especially as flower progresses.

My first round of plants had medium firm buds that were very potent. I changed to hps for the second round and am about to harvest rock hard larger buds.

The 3rd round are very nute sensitive during flower. I'm going to drop the nitrogen by half and keep a close eye. Early flower has started.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-19)

Thanks

Many thanks for your input Jeff. In my very limited experience if you are following General Hydroponics feed chat you will burn your plants to a cinder. I would half if not quarter their recommended feed quantities. It will hit your plants as soon as you flip.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-19), Jeff (10-03-19)

Thanks

I have very limited knowledge and probably less experience than you dude lol but just thought I’d post what I am using this run for you to see. I also used shoguns full range all my previous grows and didn’t really rate there base nutrients, some of their products I think are very good though like their cal mag and katana roots. I bought plant magic root stimulant which I read is meant to be very good and also was recommended to me. But after running it in my system for a few days as a test it started to clog together and form like a gunky slime all over the air stones and all the pipes and bucket so opted for the katana roots instead as iv has pretty good results with it and is specifically designed for hydro where as plant magic root stim is for all mediums but mainly soil and coco from what I read. All I need to buy is ionic bloom and that’s everything Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0282.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	370592

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to weedjunkie420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weedjunkie420 View Post
    I have very limited knowledge and probably less experience than you dude lol but just thought I’d post what I am using this run for you to see. I also used shoguns full range all my previous grows and didn’t really rate there base nutrients, some of their products I think are very good though like their cal mag and katana roots. I bought plant magic root stimulant which I read is meant to be very good and also was recommended to me. But after running it in my system for a few days as a test it started to clog together and form like a gunky slime all over the air stones and all the pipes and bucket so opted for the katana roots instead as iv has pretty good results with it and is specifically designed for hydro where as plant magic root stim is for all mediums but mainly soil and coco from what I read. All I need to buy is ionic bloom and that’s everything Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0282.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	370592

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice lineup WJ keeping it simple KISS. Something I don't seem to be able to do. I ALWAYS over think things and try to make my life as complicated as possible.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-19)