Thread: Note to self

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

Default Note to self

I have been happy with my drying but more times I'm not. Last two times I feel I got it bang on more or less. First time what I done was not run a fan at points to keep the humidity up. Know that sounds risky but I've never once had mold. Other time was a new set up and I had bought a fan controller and set it to run at its lowest. Both times the weed took about 10 days to dry and smell amazing straight off the snap from the stalk. Other times I feel the smell and taste improves but doesn't have the wow factor from the start like when done right.

This time round I had the fan on the lowest speed and my bedroom window slightly open to keep the temps down. I feel thought having the window open the whole way made the humidity drop. I say that because I just pulled the window too without closing it fully and still have seen the humidity rise. It's gone from 50% to 57% and I have no worry about mould. So this is more of a note for myself that next time just pull the window too and let the humidity stay higher. Fan speed on its lowest setting. Will need to keep an eye on temps as have had one summer where the temp went higher than I'd like with the window drawn. Maybe in summer will need to add a bowl of water inside the tent to allow air into the room of the tent but keep humidity up.

Anyway bit drunk lol but is a note for myself. Gonna give my mate my temp reader and see what he says its at down his grow when drying. Then see how it comes out like and use that info to adjust mine. Every grow feel like I learn more and will be making improvements which is what its all about.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

AND (17-03-19), G' (28-03-19), M_C (16-03-19), TomKing (17-03-19)