Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Tech, PC stealth build + thelastrebel light build

small plantation outside kingston jamaica
    Thanks

Default 2019 Tech, PC stealth build + thelastrebel light build

Hey all,

Some of you "may" remember me from many years ago. Anyhow, I'm back with a much stealthier approach.

Decided on a PC case stealth with modern LED's. Originally bought an ish85v from Invisible Sun but the PCB doesn't fit inside!, manufacture case numbers are not 26cm inside!. Regardless I'm going to keep the 85v for future use. Que Gardro. Together we will build an optimal LED strip fixture providing as much umph as only space will allow.

Specs,

Cooler Master Cosmos S 1100 case - Highly modified, completely light and seal proof, ensured with 3mm plywood.
    Custom build LED using the best of the best, driver housed outside grow space in a super stealth position - money pending (shall update and edit)
    Flower filter for smell elimination - Gonna give this company a go, the first micro grow mass produced solution to micro smell control. They claim a low 30CFM which would mean my 120mm extraction could be ran slow, hence stealth. No static pressure restrictions as associated with the common DIY pellet carbon filter developer claimed.
    Scythe Kazemaster fan controller
    120mm EK-Vardar extraction
    Passive intake
    Some Scythe controlled PC fans inside for circulation
    1foot tube heater
    Habistat Pulse Thermostat
    SCROG

Tools

Dremel - 456 cutting disc.
    Stixall adhesive and silicone - Black in colour for maximum light elimination.
    Cork Gun
    Diamond Mylar
    Magnetic 1m Strips - Strongest option.
    Industrial Double sided stick tape
    Aluminium foil tape

Seeds

Either a Hash lover And/or Skywalker OG Kush

Case sourced Which can be seen here, wires cut and nothing else. It's huge, but not as huge as first though due to manufactures claims. There is a very handy top section that's easily removed, with use of the Dremal i'll be able to fashion it to house the LED driver in a completely stealth manor outside the grow space, big bonus - or is it lol. Here is a pic of the case

After using a power drill to drill out the MOBO holding rivets I'm left with this without the sides on. TIP, if all rivets are gone and it still wont budge just whack it as hard as you can lol, you wont break anything, bit of muscle power required over brains for once haha. Bottom fan hosing riveted out also to aid in an even plywood base. This is where I'm up to as I type, the 5.25 enclosures are prooving to be a bitch to remove, going to check again but its looking like the Dremel will be required to cut a straight line down both sides! Gloves, glasses and patience at the ready! bbbzzz bbbbzzzz with a chuff chuff will help - choo choo lol.

Here's the top section that's removed by simply sliding it off, as seen here, underneath is this plastic structural formation which I've yet to Dremel out, thus increasing space to house the LED driver, housed on rubber mounts so heat doesn't conduct throughout the superstructure, in a fully stealth manor lol - The mesh will be sorted with either the black silicone or carbon hoods

Here is how the LED driver will be stashed once the cover has been hollowed out. Super stealth.

Sush a shame the ish85 wouldn't fit inside it's a gorgeous looking piece! I choose the 4000k but they sent the 3000k.

Last edited by jumpman233345; 18-03-19 at 09:22 PM.

New PC Build coming soon

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jumpman233345 For This Useful Post:

AND (18-03-19), gardro (18-03-19), GEORGE (27-03-19)

Thanks

As it stands I just need a good chin wag with Gardo so as I know what I need to order light wise. I'll then be removing the 5.25 enclosures, silicone/bond it up + lining it with the plywood and Mylar when time allows. I'm very time restricted so shall work on it as time allows . Electrics, filter (yet to be sourced) and hardware shall be installed thereafter.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jumpman233345 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Hi mate, can you stand a tape measure from ground to case top, i cant visualise how big/tall the case is

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Hi mate, can you stand a tape measure from ground to case top, i cant visualise how big/tall the case is

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jumpman233345 For This Useful Post:

gardro (18-03-19), GEORGE (27-03-19)

Thanks

so it'll deffo be 1FT strips.

The measured dimension of the grow area =

Length - 56cm
    Height - 50 cm
    Width - 21cm
    Last edited by jumpman233345; 18-03-19 at 10:15 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jumpman233345 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jumpman233345 View Post

Worlds worst tape measure lol cant read it. Is it 60cm tall?

Im a bit concerned

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-03-19), jumpman233345 (18-03-19)

Thanks

Length - 56cm
    Height - 50 cm
    Width - 21cm

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jumpman233345 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Length - 56cm
    Height - 50 cm
    Width - 21cm
    Could be a non starter this but never say never.

How tall is your pot? Plant will take up at least 20-30cm even if you grow it at right angles to medium.

Glad that QB didnt fit.....you would have been vaping cannabis in your sleep

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

AND (18-03-19), GEORGE (27-03-19), jumpman233345 (18-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Could be a non starter this but never say never.

How tall is your pot? Plant will take up at least 20-30cm even if you grow it at right angles to medium.

Glad that QB didnt fit.....you would have been vaping cannabis in your sleep
    Yet to source the ideal pot but am looking for a rectangular pot in the region of 3-4l ......I've looked and looked for the ideal case night after night but cannot find one

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jumpman233345 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yet to source the ideal pot but am looking for a rectangular pot in the region of 3-4l ......I've looked and looked for the ideal case night after night but cannot find one
    Totally happy to see this through dude but dont want you to order (even more) lighting that may just not happen.

You saw in Gazs grow, that would be the absolute limit. I dont want you to be ok in veg and worried about flower

Lets say pot plus plant is 30cm at very best, only 20cm left and thats assuming we can get the leds jammed right up at the top.

You may get away with cfl but that another cup of tea altogether

20. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-03-19)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast