Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Tech, PC stealth build + thelastrebel light build

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jumpman233345 View Post
    What sort of yield could I expect with these dimensions with most up to date LED's?
    Same as above upto 45g per sq foot based on LM301B.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,368 Times

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190318_223858.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	370799

Very similar space to mine this case gents - 50cm height exactly, just over 48 from diodes to floor. I got 20g out of 21W of light last run and I made a lot of mistakes, current girl is a bit of a bowling ball but I'm hopeful for reaching 34g which would put me at 1gpw with the upgraded driver. Not going to break any records I'm sure but I reckon it can be done successfully. Jump yours has a little more horizontal room to play with side lighting, which will probably help.

Each to their own and all, depends what you want to get out of it etc. Just my 2 cents!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

gardro (18-03-19), GEORGE (27-03-19), jumpman233345 (19-03-19)

small plantation outside kingston jamaica
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thelastrebel View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190318_223858.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	370799

Very similar space to mine this case gents - 50cm height exactly, just over 48 from diodes to floor. I got 20g out of 21W of light last run and I made a lot of mistakes, current girl is a bit of a bowling ball but I'm hopeful for reaching 34g which would put me at 1gpw with the upgraded driver. Not going to break any records I'm sure but I reckon it can be done successfully. Jump yours has a little more horizontal room to play with side lighting, which will probably help.

Each to their own and all, depends what you want to get out of it etc. Just my 2 cents!
    so you grow,flower and achieve decent results with 50cm head room? What lights do you use? this is all ive been after all night

New PC Build coming soon

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jumpman233345 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-03-19), thelastrebel (19-03-19)

Thanks

And how many strips from that German sight do you think would do it?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jumpman233345 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

so you grow,flower and achieve decent results with 50cm head room? What lights do you use? this is all ive been after all night
    Very similar to Gaz's lights mine mate (though I did it first ). I've got 6 samsung Q strips, which are similar to those German ones but 20 diodes and longer & narrower. I think they're probably a slightly better option for this kind of space due to the even diode spacing. Mean well LPF driver, currently 40W after a recent upgrade. Heatsink is just cheap aluminium angle and thermal tape, nice and easy.

It's worth thinking about side lighting too, especially with your case being quite long - say you have 6 strips top mounted, then 3 vertically mounted at each end, you could get a better spread of light to the plant which would help too.

Seems a shame to give up on the pc case now you've got so much together already - maybe build it, try a grow or two and if it doesn't work for you keep it for seedlings? PC cases aren't for everyone I guess, Gaz moved on and Mr Motion is looking at a loft grow I think, but I'm sticking with mine for the foreseeable future definitely.
    Last edited by thelastrebel; 19-03-19 at 02:40 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-03-19), jumpman233345 (19-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thelastrebel View Post
    Very similar to Gaz's lights mine mate (though I did it first ). I've got 6 samsung Q strips, which are similar to those German ones but 20 diodes and longer & narrower. I think they're probably a slightly better option for this kind of space due to the even diode spacing. Mean well LPF driver, currently 40W after a recent upgrade. Heatsink is just cheap aluminium angle and thermal tape, nice and easy.

It's worth thinking about side lighting too, especially with your case being quite long - say you have 6 strips top mounted, then 3 vertically mounted at each end, you could get a better spread of light to the plant which would help too.

Seems a shame to give up on the pc case now you've got so much together already - maybe build it, try a grow or two and if it doesn't work for you keep it for seedlings? PC cases aren't for everyone I guess, Gaz moved on and Mr Motion is looking at a loft grow I think, but I'm sticking with mine for the foreseeable future definitely.
    Could you link me to the strip id require please dude?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jumpman233345 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Could you link me to the strip id require please dude?
    If you search digikey for SI-B8U051280US you'll find them mate. 5 or 6 will do you I reckon. There are other options as well, bridgelux do a cheaper version for example, but I'll tend to buy just about anything that says Samsung on it so was a no brainer for me!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-03-19), jumpman233345 (19-03-19)

Thanks

Guys, are orders from Digi-key plainly wrapped? No indication as to what's inside the package? Will be ordering the lights soon

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jumpman233345 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 58,133 Times

Guys, are orders from Digi-key plainly wrapped? No indication as to what's inside the package? Will be ordering the lights soon
    hi mate if your looking at the first result on goggle says none in stock 8 weeks lead time,says ship date november

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Easy-T For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-T View Post
    hi mate if your looking at the first result on goggle says none in stock 8 weeks lead time,says ship date november
    Sorry, what do you mean. What does that have to do with what you quoted?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jumpman233345 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-03-19)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast