Thread: When do you clone?

Thanks

Default When do you clone?

I have never flowered from seed I've always done a veg cycle and then a flower cycle.

When would you clone if you grew something 12/12 from seed?

I have a 100% sativa strain that I'd like to try this technique on however I definitely want a few clones.

Are there any videos or documented grows on 12/12 from seed where plants were cloned?

Also at what set of nodes do plants generally begin showing the budding process when grown 12/12 from seed.

The strain I am planning on growing is Kilimanjaro.
    My grow diary.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...oudly-presents

I document so when pounds are found they know who grew it. 10 ounce store bought limit. No limit on what you can have from your home harvest as long as you can prove you green it. So here go.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gabriel Green Hands For This Useful Post:

AND (20-03-19), CaptainChronic (20-03-19), GEORGE (21-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

I have never before grown anything until Feb of last year and I like to try things so I bought some root riot cubes, some Clonex gel & spray in a deal. When I defoliated my last Blueberry at about 3 weeks, I cut the lower stems off completely, cut them at 45° angle just under a node, dipped them in the Gel, stuck them in root riot cubes in a heated propagator, sprayed every 2 days with Clonex and they had exploded through the cubes within a week.

Obviously there are other ways but this was pretty foolproof I think...well I did it

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Gabriel Green Hands (21-03-19), GEORGE (21-03-19), Valentina (21-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

I usually take my clones in the first to second weed of 12-12 flip, mostly the small tops coming from the bottom of the plant. This also leaves room for better watering. JMO

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Gabriel Green Hands (21-03-19), Valentina (21-03-19)

Thanks

So even with starting at 12/12 from seed there is obviously a period of vegging. I think shortly before it see starts showing pistols I should be able to take clones.

Thanks

Reading this was also very helpful should have done that in the beginning newbie mistake.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-growing-guide

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gabriel Green Hands For This Useful Post: