Thread: Which Light is BEST for indoor plants?

Thanks

Default Which Light is BEST for indoor plants?

Hi, i am a new grower and want to know which lighting technology is best for growing plants. There is a lots of confusion in choosing a grow light. Some expert growers suggest HID Grow lights while others said use LED to save on electric bills.
    i want a Grow light at affordable price by using which i can grow any type of plant.
    help!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alexphillips For This Useful Post:

CaptainChronic (22-03-19), GEORGE (22-03-19), ggotch (22-03-19), Greengrass (22-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,502 Times

Quote Originally Posted by alexphillips View Post
    Hi, i am a new grower and want to know which lighting technology is best for growing plants. There is a lots of confusion in choosing a grow light. Some expert growers suggest HID Grow lights while others said use LED to save on electric bills.
    i want a Grow light at affordable price by using which i can grow any type of plant.
    help!
    Do you know what size space your going to be growing in and how much are you willing to spend on lights ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

CaptainChronic (22-03-19), GEORGE (22-03-19), ggotch (22-03-19), Greengrass (22-03-19), M_C (22-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

no such thing when asked in that way.

itll depend of a whole host of things,your enviroment mainly{abilty to remove heat,control humdity etc},your grow knowledge,what dollar you can safely afford to rightoff if it turns out youre not green fingered etc.

any light system will need to be "learnt",just as much as learning nutes,plant signs etc theres a lot more to growing than just the light.

if youre working along the lines that its like a playstation(growlight over a pot) and you pop the disc(seed) in and you instantly get a game(buds-smoko) youre likely to be dissapointed.

go with what you can afford,dont be stingy mind and realise that as you learn youll like upgrade one or more times,a £2.50 led light bulb from b+q isnt going to cut it beyond propagating the seed and yet a £200+ lamp is overkill for a 2 plant learner who knows virtually nothing about growing.

there is no one type thats better than the other to me,they are all viable but in different enviroments or at different times of year/seasons,mainly due to heat control.

i personally now use cmh and led,i have hps as well but can only use it at lo powers due to being unable to control a 600ws heat output,plus the cost of electric can affect my decisions sometimes as well .hence the cmh which is also lo power but kicks my 250w hps's ass on output

a better way would be for you to decide on everything else,tent/grow type/ability to fan,filter smells away etc/type of building youre in etc and then tell us all that/everything else about your intended grow and then peeps will have something to base an opinion on.

i know what i mean anyway,am buzzing that hard atm its actually making a wooshing noise in m head
    Last edited by ggotch; 22-03-19 at 04:05 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-03-19), Kurdt (22-03-19), Stickysticky (22-03-19)