Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Calling all lofties..

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,828 Times

I have just spent the last month trying to get a grow tent up to 26 degrees in the loft... Now reading this, I have the joys of summer before me Especially that it is in one of those "new builds" that was mentioned :P Perhaps I need to convert a cupboard! Thanks for the tips guys and now I can start preparing early!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to curiouscultivator For This Useful Post:

GasMan (10-04-19), GEORGE (09-04-19), Mac (11-07-19), Valentina (09-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

This has got me curious too. Temps has been a slight issue for me, but more of it being a bit cool than boiling, generally, though have had times where temps were at the mid 30's Celsius during the heat waves. Up there we can have more room and noise would be a different kind of issue that could be boxed up, or sound proofed differently.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GasMan (10-04-19), GEORGE (09-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,068 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    This has got me curious too. Temps has been a slight issue for me, but more of it being a bit cool than boiling, generally, though have had times where temps were at the mid 30's Celsius during the heat waves. Up there we can have more room and noise would be a different kind of issue that could be boxed up, or sound proofed differently.
    That’s it mate. All my fans are in boxes and filled with acoustic expanding foam they’re not that loud at all. The only noise is the intake from the extractor in the bathroom. I’ll add another 6” duct to the cupboard and that noise should reduce significantly. Insulation is key in the loft imo helps a lot with managing heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscultivator View Post
    I have just spent the last month trying to get a grow tent up to 26 degrees in the loft... Now reading this, I have the joys of summer before me Especially that it is in one of those "new builds" that was mentioned :P Perhaps I need to convert a cupboard! Thanks for the tips guys and now I can start preparing early!
    Are you insulated bro? Insulation will help you no end. And also stop the eye in the sky seeing your bulbs.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (14-04-19), GEORGE (10-04-19)

Thanks

Just a little update for all that are interested. I went for a 8” rvk l1. Boxed it in ply and filled it with acoustic expanding foam. It’s as quiet as you’d want and it’s doing the business the room was 23.5 lights on this morning.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

AND (12-04-19), curiouscultivator (14-04-19), GEORGE (12-04-19), skunkybudmans (12-04-19), WWBB (12-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Just a little update for all that are interested. I went for a 8” rvk l1. Boxed it in ply and filled it with acoustic expanding foam. It’s as quiet as you’d want and it’s doing the business the room was 23.5 lights on this morning.

Mate

Excellent choice bigger the blade slower the speed ergo peace on earth

Happy growing

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WWBB For This Useful Post:

GasMan (14-04-19), GEORGE (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,828 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Are you insulated bro? Insulation will help you no end. And also stop the eye in the sky seeing your bulbs.

Not yet but seriously thinking about it. Just been measuring up for the size of stuff I would have to buy! Problem is... I am an office boy, I was grinning ear to ear after I bodged the extraction up and have been in this new build for a year... still not got a shed up :P Cheers for the advice on which fan you have used... I might try something similar

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to curiouscultivator For This Useful Post:

GasMan (14-04-19), GEORGE (14-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WWBB View Post
    Mate

Excellent choice bigger the blade slower the speed ergo peace on earth

Happy growing

That’s it mate. In the future if it gets too much I can always go for 10” phonic trap and a 10” cf to slow the whoosh.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

WWBB (25-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscultivator View Post
    Not yet but seriously thinking about it. Just been measuring up for the size of stuff I would have to buy! Problem is... I am an office boy, I was grinning ear to ear after I bodged the extraction up and have been in this new build for a year... still not got a shed up :P Cheers for the advice on which fan you have used... I might try something similar
    Haha don’t put yourself down bro just get stuck in. Measure twice cut once. I’ve documented my loft build under the name diy loft groom. Check it out. There’s a few things I’ve edited on it now like pulling from the cool side of the house and extracting on the warm but insulation is key imo. To keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. I’d say it’s the most important part of a loft grow for sure even if you just use the wool that’s already there it will help

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3