Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello and a little help! Wilted leaves.

Thanks

Hey All!

Thank you so much for all your encouraging words! I really look forward to my time here!
    So an update today. The irrigation system was installed daybefore, and that was the 2nd nutrient water feed to the plants. Since I noticed 2 plants with the first set of fan leaves being droopy and had tip burns. The other plants seem to hold well. Ill wait for the top soil on all plants to go dryish before i water them till the ports start leaking.

Pictures from just now, and the 1st plant seems to have recovered a bit. Leaves aren't droopy anymore. The 2nd plant, always pale, still is a bit droopy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1a.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	371134Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	371131

3 of the 7 plants look quite healthy I think:

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	127.2 KB 
ID:	371133

Then I think ill need to do a purge of the 7 plants to bout 3-4 soonish. Im running tight on space. but I have no idea on the sex on any of them.
    2 of the 7 plants are quite a bit smaller than the others. Think they should go first or too soon to say ?

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	371132

I also need to visit my lighting. I dont think I see any lack of light on the plants so far. Internodes are about under an inch apart.

Thank you all again!
    Last edited by N_S; 01-04-19 at 02:28 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to N_S For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-04-19), GEORGE (02-04-19), Ironman (19-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,221 Times

Lovely little set up you have there!! And I am certainly envious of your irrigation system! Wow!

Just a thought, do you have a fan, even those USB ones, in there to keep the plants' leaves "dancing"? That really makes a difference and the stems get much stronger with that air circulation. And the other thing is whether you have a carbon filter and a matching extractor fan? They are at that stage where they will soon start to stink up. Just want you to be safe mate.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

AND (01-04-19), CityDweller (01-04-19), GEORGE (02-04-19), Greengrass (22-05-19), N_S (01-04-19)

Thanks

Wow...
    Im almost blushing the box got a compliment!
    I did a bit of reading and saw what was being commercially built, and thew this little experiment together. Honestly, when I soaked the seeds, I had zero confidence of any germinating, and the whole thing got built after they did! It is all quite ad-hoc. The cabinet was sized to max our single room apartment and my wife would allow.

The irrigation system is a real cheap unit I picked up. Bout 25USD. A 5 lts jerrycan for the water. Let us see how it goes. The pipes have a heavy trickle that does not water evenly.

Name:	irri.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	371155

Ill get some more fans one the plants grow a little taller. The bottom fan is keeping the plants moving, its almost at level with them.

Name:	fan.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	371156

I have 1 inlet 6" fan and for the outlet 2 of the same. I rigged a small contraction to act as a filter, using a home air purifiers replacement carbon filter behind the fans..
    Ill be very surprised if it works! If it does not, it would pose a serious challenge! We don't get much here.

Name:	Filter.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	371157

Another challenge is the very hot summer here! Cabinet already touching 30c. Ive just been reading and maybe ill experiment with a peltier heat exchange..

Cheers!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to N_S For This Useful Post:

AND (01-04-19), CityDweller (01-04-19), GEORGE (02-04-19)

Thanks

Hello!
    4 weeks since the plants came to life, an update and seeking advise.
    The taller ones are at the 8-9th node, and bout 10 inches tall.

Name:	All.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	371333

I still haven't quite figured why 2 of the plants took such burn, resulting in the lower 2-3 fan outs drying themselves, and the upper leaves still showing burnt tips. While the others are fine, all on the same watering routine, and all have been fed a nute combo only twice. Im now only feeding them plain water. And they seem to require water every 2-3 days. A comparison, the right plant is good, the left with dry leaves :

Name:	Burn.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	371334

I dont know if I can post links to amazon, I realized late that I cannot to other cannibas sites, so if its ok, these are the nutes I started using before I stopped after 2 feeds. And I was using them at the suppliers 1/3rd suggested mix for young veg plants : https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any advise would be most appreciated!

As you may advise, I will need to sooner or later purge the plants, I don't have much space, and am looking out for signs to sex them. Nothing yet, but I did notice some new growth on the top of all the main stems, does not look like your typical leaves, what may it be ?

Name:	growth.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	129.6 KB 
ID:	371335

Thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Symphony-Combo-Pack-Feed-Chart.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	371336  
    Last edited by N_S; 08-04-19 at 06:40 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to N_S For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (09-05-19), GEORGE (08-04-19), IceCalibur (09-05-19)

Thanks

Hello to all!

So im on the 6th week of my grow. No plants have died so far! Im surprised, however, the weak ones continue to remain so, and the healthy ones still seem robust. I still cannot see any preflowers. Conditions remain challengin. With the cabinet temp in early 30's.

As of late 2 of the generally weaker plants have discoloration on the top growth, I flushed, and they seem to have spruced up. I am thinking it could be light burn as it is mostly showing on the new growth. Am i correct to assume so ?

Name:	Discoloration.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	371793

I topped most of the healthy plants a couple of weeks ago. And trimmed the rest. Main concern being that I cannot switch to flowering till the beginning of June as Im travelling, and need to keep plan height under control. However, it seems the topped plants are catching up fast!

Name:	Long.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	371794

Do i continue to further top the new side branches ? Or what would be the best way forward.

As always, I have a total of 7 plants, and need sex them and keep a max of 2-3. But I dont think they still show any preflowers.

Name:	Box.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	371795

Thanks again!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to N_S For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (09-05-19), GEORGE (26-04-19), IceCalibur (09-05-19)

Thanks

Default Wildlings. 1st grow.

Hello again!

So im at 8 weeks of veg. i have been topping and applying some LST to the plants to keep the height in check. Did not yet switch to flower as there was a trip planned, however, very unfortunately that has been canned, so Im around. The leaves growing off the main branches are staggered.

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	372121

I intend to switch then to flower latest Monday. The temps are approaching the mid 30's, and I have some liquid sea weed on order to help the plants along. Viable ?

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	372122

I still dont see any signs of sex. I have a total of 6 plants now, the 7th wasnt really doing anything, so I dumped it.

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	372123

Many of the grows have plants that seem a lot more bushier and robust that what I have. I would suppose that would be a mix of the strain and ideal grow environments. But I would be very grateful for any insights on my grow.

I continue to be conservative in the feed that I am giving. Directions state 1.5ml of Nutes and 3ml of Greens per ltr. Im at about a 3rd of that. Will start adding the bloom mix when I switch. Grow is in a mix of Coco/peat/compost/verminulite that i sourced from a nearby nursery.

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	372125

Thank you all!
    Last edited by N_S; 09-05-19 at 06:44 AM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to N_S For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (09-05-19), GEORGE (09-05-19), IceCalibur (09-05-19)

13. Default

Hi N_S, well they are certainly coming on in leaps and bounds bud!

Did you manage to stabilise the temps?..always amazes me how this plant can grow in such small spaces

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (09-05-19), GEORGE (09-05-19), N_S (09-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Hi N_S. What type of lights are you using? Lack of light may be contributing to slow growth.

You were concerned about possible light burn a few posts back.. what distance was the bulb from the plant?

I am not seeing any sex showing in your photo. Lack of light and small containers may be making it take a bit longer.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-05-19), IceCalibur (09-05-19), N_S (09-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Hi N_S, well they are certainly coming on in leaps and bounds bud!
    You are a kind person Ice!

Did you manage to stabilise the temps?..always amazes me how this plant can grow in such small spaces
    Me and the wife are absolutely stumped that these damn things grew at all! It was a flimsy fancy when i put those seeds in a wet napkin. hehe. We remain astonished!

Stabilize temps in the sense that summers are pretty much close to peak here. So we may have days where it spikes to high 40's outside. But indoors its gonna be mid 30's. Nights get to the mid 20's. Plants so far seem to be coping fine. Maybe growing a little slow. And I do have some Liquid seaweed coming in, lets see if that helps...

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Hi N_S. What type of lights are you using? Lack of light may be contributing to slow growth.
    You were concerned about possible light burn a few posts back.. what distance was the bulb from the plant?
    I am not seeing any sex showing in your photo. Lack of light and small containers may be making it take a bit longer.
    Hi City! Lights are off the shelf LED bulbs, 15w each. 6500k. I have a rig ready to accommodate 9 of these bulbs, currently using 3 + 2 side 10w bars. Im afraid adding more lights may take the temps too high.

Last time around I raised the bulbs a fair bit and the plants started to look quite good. They are back at bout 5inches from the canopy, and don't seem a bother anymore. Incidentally I started another thread asking for advise on lamps.

I was hoping to sex the plants before i move them, if required to a larger container, currently in a 1L pot. I suppose short of having only 2 of the healthiest plants in there, there is no way to move them to larger containers, and since I dont know the sex, its a gamble making me uncomfortable. I was thinking ill flip them flower and then repot ? Repotting during flower is not the best I read... Advise ? Im also getting a tad concerned about some root bound thingie that im reading...

Again,
    Thank you all so much!
    Its bloody great!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to N_S For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (09-05-19), GEORGE (09-05-19), IceCalibur (09-05-19)

Thanks

Hello!

Looking at my callender, I have 10 weeks starting tomorrow before I next head out for a couple of weeks.
    I am hoping if I switch my cycle over to flower tomorrow, ill get through ?

I am hoping they show sex soon after switching, then I can reduce the number of plants to a more manageable number. And repot to larger containers if required.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to N_S For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-19)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast