Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello and a little help! Wilted leaves.

Thanks

Default Pot Bound ?

Hi all!

Below are a few pictures of the roots of the plant with the spottiest leaves. This plant was once the healthiest of the lot.
    Please advise.
    Apologies for the crap pics, ive got no stable hands.

Thanks a ton!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spots.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	372420

Name:	R1.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	372421 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	372422 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R3.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	372423 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R4.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	372424

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to N_S For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (20-05-19), GEORGE (20-05-19), Greengrass (20-05-19)

Thanks

Below are zoomed and cropped node pics of 3 of the plants, I unfortunately see nothing.

Name:	1.jpg 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	372425 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	372426 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	372427

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to N_S For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (20-05-19), GEORGE (20-05-19), Greengrass (20-05-19), Ironman (20-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by N_S View Post
    Below are zoomed and cropped node pics of 3 of the plants, I unfortunately see nothing.

Name:	1.jpg 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	372425 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	372426 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	372427
    Good news is, it looks to me like the roots have drowned so you have pulled the one that will never get better.

Bad news is, so far I cannot see any pre flowers. I'm going to study the pics later on my laptop. I can zoom in and have a better view. I'll let you know this evening mate, unless anyone else can see better with their screens.

Sent from Thames Iron works

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (20-05-19), GEORGE (20-05-19), Greengrass (20-05-19), N_S (20-05-19)

Thanks

Wow! Thanks a ton!
    Drowned ? Haha! And I thought I was underwatering!
    So can this be expected of the other plants showing similar symptoms ?

I'm a bit baffled actually. The pots have good drainage. I water when the medium is fairly dry and containers light, and allow some run off.
    I also read that it's pretty hard to overeater in coco.
    Damn!

I haven't pulled it. Instead reported to a larger container. Mostly as an experiment just to see where it goes. I have also removed the irrigation system since I'm in town and am handwatering. So a fair bit more breathing space in the cabinet.

Thank you all the same!
    Last edited by N_S; 20-05-19 at 08:58 AM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to N_S For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (20-05-19), GEORGE (20-05-19), Greengrass (20-05-19), Ironman (20-05-19)

Thanks

Wow! Thanks a ton!
    Drowned ? Haha! And I thought I was underwatering!
    So can this be expected of the other plants showing similar symptoms ?

I'm a bit baffled actually. The pots have good drainage. I water when the medium is fairly dry and containers light, and allow some run off.
    I also read that it's pretty hard to overeater in coco.
    Damn!

I haven't pulled it. Instead reported to a larger container. Mostly as an experiment just to see where it goes. I have also removed the irrigation system since I'm in town and am handwatering. So a fair bit more breathing space in the cabinet.

Thank you all the same!
    When I say drowned I mean either watered/fed to often or to much volume of water/feed.

Since you have that irrigation system I'd say watered to often.

How is it set up? Once a day, twice a day, every hour?

What size pot was it in? What pot size did you re pot into?

I use 15ltr air pots and water daily at about 2.5 ltrs with 15% run off. That gives plenty of time to dry out and let's the roots take in oxygen.

Are you reading EC before feeding or just adding by the ml?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (20-05-19), GEORGE (20-05-19), Greengrass (20-05-19), N_S (20-05-19)

Thanks

Thanks Ironman!

The irrigation system is rarely used. Im positive its not a reason. Its only in play when im travelling, so if im out for a couple of days, Ill set to feed once. Basically keep the soil moist. And has not been used for a few weeks now, or since the problems started showing up.

I water when the medium feels and looks dry to a couple of inches deep, and the pots are light. Which was once every third day, and now is once every other day.
    Im beginning to think it could be because my pot size is too small. This has been brought up on this thread before. Currently the plants are in 6inch pots (6" on top, 5" at the bottom with a height of 5"). I started the germinated seeds in those tiny 1" pots, and move them to these 6" ones about 2 weeks into the grow. Plants are almost 11 weeks old now.

From todays feed, assuming that my EC and PH meters are accurate, after adding nutes and 1ml of Liquid seaweed to approx 1.6l of water.
    EC was at 1.8
    PH was at 6.5

If it helps, I could ask to help choose 2-3 of the healthiest plants, and then repot them to larger containers. But its probably going to be a toss up on the sex.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by N_S; 20-05-19 at 12:18 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to N_S For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-05-19), Greengrass (20-05-19), Ironman (20-05-19)

Thanks

Thanks Ironman!

The irrigation system is rarely used. Im positive its not a reason. Its only in play when im travelling, so if im out for a couple of days, Ill set to feed once. Basically keep the soil moist. And has not been used for a few weeks now, or since the problems started showing up.

I water when the medium feels and looks dry to a couple of inches deep, and the pots are light. Which was once every third day, and now is once every other day.
    Im beginning to think it could be because my pot size is too small. This has been brought up on this thread before. Currently the plants are in 6inch pots (6" on top, 5" at the bottom with a height of 5"). I started the germinated seeds in those tiny 1" pots, and move them to these 6" ones about 2 weeks into the grow. Plants are almost 11 weeks old now.

From todays feed, assuming that my EC and PH meters are accurate, after adding nutes and 1ml of Liquid seaweed to approx 1.6l of water.
    EC was at 1.8
    PH was at 6.5

If it helps, I could ask to help choose 2-3 of the healthiest plants, and then repot them to larger containers. But its probably going to be a toss up on the sex.

Thanks again!
    You mentioned soil in the last post. This is coco right?

1.8 ec seems a little high but without knowing the ec of your tap water, it's a bit of guess work.

Also, if you are in coco then 5.8 is the PH you're looking for. 6.5 is too high and could be the reason for the spotting on the leaves and the brown roots.

This really does sound to me like you're combining bits of coco growing and bits of soil growing. The 2 are almost completely different.

Its soil that needs to dry out before watering, not coco. Coco should be watered/fed regularly (same time every day at least)

You should check out my coco diary, "Ironman boards the bongo train and MC is driving". The boss man mentored me on my first coco run. All the do and donts are in there. Of course feel free to ask any questions.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Done420 (20-05-19), Gaz (20-05-19), GEORGE (20-05-19), Greengrass (14-06-19), N_S (20-05-19)

Thanks

Thanks Ironman!

I really must apologize for my inaccurate descriptions. ill try and be better.
    The plants are growing in a potting mix that I got from my local nursery, and they say its a mix of Coco/Peat/Compost/verminulite. I don't know in what ratios. Do I still call it coco ?

So in this mix aim for a pH of 5.8 ? I have ph down and can use it.
    Should I also, while im at it, repot to larger containers ? And if so Ill need help in choosing plants, or do I just dump the ones that have spots on them ? That would make all rather easy actually. Ill probably be left with 2! hehe...

So daily water this potting mix ?? Ill do that from now on then. Its just that there is so much conflicting information around!

Thanks man!
    And for the patience!
    Off to read your blog now.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to N_S For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-05-19), Greengrass (14-06-19), IceCalibur (20-05-19), Ironman (20-05-19)

Thanks

Thanks Ironman!

I really must apologize for my inaccurate descriptions. ill try and be better.
    The plants are growing in a potting mix that I got from my local nursery, and they say its a mix of Coco/Peat/Compost/verminulite. I don't know in what ratios. Do I still call it coco ?

So in this mix aim for a pH of 5.8 ? I have ph down and can use it.
    Should I also, while im at it, repot to larger containers ? And if so Ill need help in choosing plants, or do I just dump the ones that have spots on them ? That would make all rather easy actually. Ill probably be left with 2! hehe...

So daily water this potting mix ?? Ill do that from now on then. Its just that there is so much conflicting information around!

Thanks man!
    And for the patience!
    Off to read your blog now.
    No problem, I can see why you got confused.

I think because we have no idea on the ratios we have to treat this like coco (inhert).

The only thing that's sticking in the back of my mind is how much peat holds water. Peat takes forever to dry out so this could be why those roots look drowned.

If and when you repot, can you add just coco or do you only have that pre mixed stuff?

If you can add just coco it would be much easier to sort out some of these issues.

As for the culling, I would get rid of the 3 worst affected plants and keep 3. That way we can also see if we can revive and clear up these problems. If anything, for the experience of sorting out issues.

Can you test the ec of your water straight from the tap, with nothing added. That will tell us if your over doing the feeds or not.

Once we know the background ec, we can start to adjust the nute level and get your PH back on track.

If it were me, I'd repot using coco(if possible) get the ec of my tap water and then add the A and B in equal amounts until the EC raises by 0.3/0.4. Then I'd PH the water to 5.8 and feed until I get a trickle of water out of the pot. Then add another half ltr to gain the right amount of run off.

Then I would check the EC and PH of the run off so we can determine how much your plants are feeding on and how far out the PH is.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-05-19), Greengrass (20-05-19), N_S (20-05-19)

Thanks

Thank you so so much Iron!
    I can probably get a block of coco today or tomorrow morning and larger pots and repot. That is not an issue.
    My EC of the tap, just tested, is .2

Name:	EC.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	372433

Here is the problem, im in south asia, and I do not have access to the feeds that you have. I can get NPK, and a variety of other nutes, but nothing that is a 1to1 to what is usually discussed here. Further inability to share links makes it a tad tricky to post options for the ladies and gentlemen here to advise on.

Currently im using these additives, at bout a 3/4th of recommended doses for tomato. Plus I started adding bout a ml of lequid seaweed last week per 1.5L of water.
    todays feed was 2ml Greens/4ml bloom/3ml Nutes for bout 1.5l of water.

Name:	Symphony-Combo-Pack-Feed-Chart.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	372434 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nutes.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	372435

Its bloody hot here. But im managing to keep the cabinet temps in the low 30's now, and mid-high 20's during the night.
    Last edited by N_S; 20-05-19 at 02:15 PM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to N_S For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-05-19), Greengrass (20-05-19), Ironman (20-05-19)

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast