Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Replacing 600w hps

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,315 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    I would virtually beg you to do it the other way around and use the IS320 during veg and add the viparspectra's towards the end of flower.

Did you go for the 3000k set up?

The spectrum on the IS320 is far better suited to canna than the old school blurple spectrum on the vipaespectra. That being said, there's alot of talk about adding blurple late on in flower to induce higher trichomes production in the later stages.

Blurple lighting tends to have a bit more UV b and UV c light spectrums, which is what causes the plant some extra stress in late flower, increasing trichome production.

18 to 24 inches is about right too. The best thing with the IS320 is the dimmable option. This allows you to control the light during veg period much more precisely. Like your veg and bloom setting on your vipraspectras but better lol.

In a 1.2 x 1.2 I would have the IS320 dimmed down to the minimum setting for the first 3 weeks of an auto, then I'd up it slightly to quarter power for the stretch period. Then a couple of weeks into flower, up it to 3 quarter power, then the last 6 weeks I'd up it to full power and possible add 1 viparspectra for the last few weeks. Obviously this is all depending on how the plants react and tweaking it as you go.

Trust me, 1 run of vegging under these boards and you wont be disappointed. All I see on the talk is people surprised at how well their plants are vegging under these white lights.

Sent from Thames Iron works
    Awesome advice, thanks ironman ok definitely give that a go. I went with the 3000k as per your recommendation. I don't think my viparspectras had a function for veg and bloom they just have on and off . They did me well in the veg stage on my last grow but lacked the red spectrum fir the flower phase so I chucked in the hps for that but didn't the dinner battling temps which I'm not keen to do again. If I get anywhere near the 16oz from 2 plants I got on my last grow I'll be a very happy man. Il definitely do as you've said and swap them over once they arrive so thank you for that and if I've got time and temps permitting I'll chuck in the vipar spectras at the end.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beau_Bud For This Useful Post:

G' (18-05-19), GEORGE (02-04-19), Herbitual (02-04-19), Ironman (02-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Beau_Bud View Post
    Awesome advice, thanks ironman ok definitely give that a go. I went with the 3000k as per your recommendation. I don't think my viparspectras had a function for veg and bloom they just have on and off . They did me well in the veg stage on my last grow but lacked the red spectrum fir the flower phase so I chucked in the hps for that but didn't the dinner battling temps which I'm not keen to do again. If I get anywhere near the 16oz from 2 plants I got on my last grow I'll be a very happy man. Il definitely do as you've said and swap them over once they arrive so thank you for that and if I've got time and temps permitting I'll chuck in the vipar spectras at the end.

That's the way to go mate. Get a watt meter though, worth the tenner. You can save that in electricity by knowing what your set to lol.

As your in a tent you can set the drivers on the outside of the tent, that will drop temps a lot, straight away. You will need to wire this up too, if you need a hand with that when it arrives, give me a shout. It's not difficult but I know what it's like with a new toy lol.

You're one of Mackys graduates, I cant guarantee 12 oz but I can guarantee stinky, quality bud. You'll be fine my friend.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Beau_Bud (02-04-19), G' (18-05-19), GEORGE (02-04-19), Herbitual (02-04-19)

Macky Guest

Hes the one who grew them monsters from Dutch Passion and started the ball rolling for Dutch Passion sending us all these seeds Hes a good lad lol

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Beau_Bud (02-04-19), GEORGE (02-04-19), Herbitual (02-04-19), Ironman (02-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Hes the one who grew them monsters from Dutch Passion and started the ball rolling for Dutch Passion sending us all these seeds Hes a good lad lol
    Ha thanks macky. Got a large pile of Dutch passions seeds to work through now haha

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beau_Bud For This Useful Post:

G' (18-05-19), GEORGE (02-04-19), Ironman (02-04-19)

Thanks

That's the way to go mate. Get a watt meter though, worth the tenner. You can save that in electricity by knowing what your set to lol.

As your in a tent you can set the drivers on the outside of the tent, that will drop temps a lot, straight away. You will need to wire this up too, if you need a hand with that when it arrives, give me a shout. It's not difficult but I know what it's like with a new toy lol.

You're one of Mackys graduates, I cant guarantee 12 oz but I can guarantee stinky, quality bud. You'll be fine my friend.

Thanks ironman, very much appreciated. Just bought a watt meter. What wattage would you recommend for the different stages?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beau_Bud For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks ironman, very much appreciated. Just bought a watt meter. What wattage would you recommend for the different stages?

It all depends on what your driver can do. I have the IS250w, the minimum setting on that was 95watts. That's what I started on.

When you get it sorted turn it down and see how low it goes. It will go above 320w as well, I dont recommend that though lol.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Beau_Bud (02-04-19), G' (18-05-19), GEORGE (02-04-19)

Thanks

It all depends on what your driver can do. I have the IS250w, the minimum setting on that was 95watts. That's what I started on.

When you get it sorted turn it down and see how low it goes. It will go above 320w as well, I dont recommend that though lol.

Thanks ironman, I'll give you a shout once it arrives f that's okay. Top man

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beau_Bud For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks ironman, I'll give you a shout once it arrives f that's okay. Top man

No probs

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

G' (18-05-19), GEORGE (02-04-19)

Thanks

How much do these units cost to run compared to 600 mh and 600w hps

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Potkettle For This Useful Post:

G' (18-05-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2