Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please help NFT problems

Thanks

Default Please help NFT problems

Hello all,

I have been away for 3 years and have started back again.

I have 2 plants which where very healthy and well rooted before I stuck them into my NFT GT205. Last couple of days they have wilted and look in a very poor state.

The PH readings on my pen says 5.8 bearing in mind that i have not recalibrated in 3 years. I will take the pen down to the hydro shop to get the guy behind counter to calibrate as I have never done before.

can more experienced guys and gals have a quick look and let me know if im right in thinking its a ph issue please. My EC is reading 1.2 so its not too hot for the size of the plants.

I look forward to the community's replies as I do not want to lose these 2 babies.

Thank you in advance for your help guys and gals.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190402_113641.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	371163   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190402_113648.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	371164  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eastman007 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-04-19), WhIpLaSh (02-04-19)

Thanks

Soil or hydro or coco: NFT

Strain: CRITICAL 2.0

Photo or Auto: PHOTOPERIOD

plant age:3 WEEKS

pot size: N/A

has it been repotted? and when?: PUT INTO NFT 1 WEEK AGO

soil type:

nutes or additives used and how often for soil: IONIC HYDRO GROW

Air temps (max min): 26C

Res temps (max min): 18C

humidity: 65%

lighting type and wattage (hps, led, cfl): 400 WATT HPS

Light schedule:20/4 OFF

ph level: 5.8 (PH PEN MAY NEED TO BE CALIBRATED NOT SURE IF ITS GIVING OFF THE WRONG READINGS)

EC (hydro and coco only) 1.2

Background EC. 0.4

feed schedule and nutes (for hydro and coco) EVERY OTHER DAY

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eastman007 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-04-19), IceCalibur (02-04-19), WhIpLaSh (02-04-19)

5. Default

Hi eastman007, welcome back to the community mate..we can have a break now and then, but the love of growing always brings us back hey

I personally don't have any experience with this type of growing, but I'm sure someone who is will be around soon enough to give you some advice.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

eastman007 (03-04-19), GEORGE (02-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Quote Originally Posted by eastman007 View Post
    Soil or hydro or coco: NFT

Strain: CRITICAL 2.0

Photo or Auto: PHOTOPERIOD

plant age:3 WEEKS

pot size: N/A

has it been repotted? and when?: PUT INTO NFT 1 WEEK AGO

soil type:

nutes or additives used and how often for soil: IONIC HYDRO GROW

Air temps (max min): 26C

Res temps (max min): 18C

humidity: 65%

lighting type and wattage (hps, led, cfl): 400 WATT HPS

Light schedule:20/4 OFF

ph level: 5.8 (PH PEN MAY NEED TO BE CALIBRATED NOT SURE IF ITS GIVING OFF THE WRONG READINGS)

EC (hydro and coco only) 1.2

Background EC. 0.4

feed schedule and nutes (for hydro and coco) EVERY OTHER DAY
    Welcome back, mate.

I'm only in my first rdwc grow but 0.8 EC seems a little high for plants that size. Mine are roughly the same size perhaps a little bigger and I'm feeding 0.4 above base. Your burnt tips make me think it's a symptom of over-feeding.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in (or call me out)

Best of luck, mate.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

eastman007 (03-04-19), GEORGE (02-04-19), IceCalibur (02-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Hey just chipping in - Welcome back mate...So, you are feeding you're small cuttings more (1.2) feed than my entire grow of huge plants. I guess you must have a super high back ground EC? Mine is 0.4 and using canna coco A and B the EC cannot really be pushed past 1.2 without a nasty display. I appreciate you are NFT however the prinicipal is the same and formulations much the same and i would defo not be giving that amount EC unless i had an 0.8 background EC. Those cuts (i presume) will need no more than 0.4 to 0.6 to grow strong and healthy with an increase in EC as they grow. Regards the Calibration

Calibration
    You simply need a bottle of ph 7 fluid (hydro shop) and a small jug to measure out enough to cover the whole end of the probe on the ph pen. On the pen itself there should be a cal button or something that resembles calibration. Press and hold it until it reacts whilst holding it in the fluid. The pen will be brought in line with the ph value of the fluid, which is 7. Giving you a nice calibrated pen. The fluid is around 3.50 for 250ml

See what others say mate but i would defo lower that EC strength, too much, too soon is asking for nute burns. I'm interested to see how you get on after you're long break and happy to help. All the best with it mate
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

British green (02-04-19), CityDweller (02-04-19), eastman007 (03-04-19), GEORGE (02-04-19), M_C (02-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Ya cubes look sodden wet to me as well which won't do any good
    The cubes need to be rasied just out of the film of water, so only the roots get wet and and the cubes. Other than that I'd follow the advice ^^^^^^^^ above

in a green and pleasant land

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (02-04-19), eastman007 (03-04-19), GEORGE (02-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Step 1) calibrate your pen (might need replacement if many years old)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

eastman007 (03-04-19), GEORGE (03-04-19)

Thanks

Hello all,

Thank you so much for your replies. I have been to the hydro shop and after checking my PH pen it seems that it was giving out the wrong readings and once we went to calibrate it died on me lol.

I ended up buying a bluelab ph pen all nicely calibrated and this time round i bought the calibration fluids with it so will regularly keep in check.

I have emptied the reservoir and filled with water only ph'd it as the bluelab truncheon I am using is giving me a background ec of 0.6 and 0.8 flashing. If i was to add anything else in the ec would shoot up so have left it as it is hoping there is enough ec in the water to perk the little ladies up.

I have also raised the cubes so they are not sitting in water and constantly waterlogged.

guys and gals, in regards to the ec being at 0.6 and 0.8 out of the tap is this good enough for the time being for the little plants?

Thanks in advance for your help
    eastman

16. The Following User Says Thank You to eastman007 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-19)

Thanks

Im hoping these two will fix and we can get a journal going. I have 2 more cuts well rooted so may start them off as well and get a diary going on here. I have grown NFT and done about 6 to completion so this time round getting these problems which i never had before is discouraging.

I must have lost my touch with the 3 year break lol

18. The Following User Says Thank You to eastman007 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eastman007 View Post
    Im hoping these two will fix and we can get a journal going. I have 2 more cuts well rooted so may start them off as well and get a diary going on here. I have grown NFT and done about 6 to completion so this time round getting these problems which i never had before is discouraging.

I must have lost my touch with the 3 year break lol
    Did you have a solid rootball before you put them in ? What’s the root growth like under the cover ? If the roots haven’t hit the res you could also try running the pump at intervals

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Bin man For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast