Thread: Worth replacing 300w CFL's with LEDs?

Thanks

Default Worth replacing 300w CFL's with LEDs?

I have read a lot on sodium lights to LEDs but not as much on CFLs. I currently have a compact 0.8x0.8 tent and the CFLs I use obviously give off enough light in the small space but was checking to see if anyone has had good experience and quicker turnaround times with LEDs.

I've been looking at 600w KINGBO LED light or their 1000w version(s) but the only thing putting me off purchasing one are tye built in fans. Obviously don't want a fan going for a full 12 hours every time the light is on but again I have no experience with these products only CFLs

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to e11 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-19), Valentina (03-04-19)

Thanks

I have 2 HLG 600'S in a 4x8 tent but I use a fan for air movement. As far as knocking flower time down you need initiator pucks ( far red) is what I use by growmau5 rapid led or Amazon

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to flboy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-19)

Thanks

Just had a look at their website. Looks interesting. I had initiated a budget of £200 max for the LEDs but looks like can use a couple of these for $30 each in addition to the CFL. Will need to have a look around the site a bit more im depth

6. The Following User Says Thank You to e11 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Try one of these:

Check your PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

IceCalibur (03-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

I had the 1000W version and it was incredibly noisy. Especially during summer months > 25 and it was full tilt.

Best thing I did, swapping out to Invisible Sun - they run passively and silent.
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-04-19), IceCalibur (03-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

Defiantly worth the upgrade. Have a chat with our sponsors, Invisible Sun, they'll sort you out
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-04-19), joker_the_smoker (03-05-19), UpT0wn (05-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

cfl is shyte bro mon the leds

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-19)

Thanks

I was also looking for some LEDs to replace my 150w HPS but noise is an issue for me, found some nice passively cooled LEDs like the MIGRO but have no idea whether they work good or not, not many growers sharing it's experience with those, or maybe they are not so common... Anyone has experience with this lights?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MazeGrow For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MazeGrow View Post
    I was also looking for some LEDs to replace my 150w HPS but noise is an issue for me, found some nice passively cooled LEDs like the MIGRO but have no idea whether they work good or not, not many growers sharing it's experience with those, or maybe they are not so common... Anyone has experience with this lights?
    There are a few diary's with those. I think Ironman use them at one time. Don't quote me on it, it could have been someone else, but just look around in the diary section, you should find a few with people using the MIGRO.