Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Flushing in organic

Thanks

Default Flushing in organic

First time ive ever done an organic grow always done coco before so i know you have to flush and everyone agrees on that. However im finding many bits of contrasting info regarding the flush in soil with organic nutes. Some saying a normal 7-10 day flush, others saying a 3 day and even some saying its not required. My brain tells me to at least give it a flush but thats why im here how long do i do it for or if at all? Strain is Choco mint og under a 600w. Plant magic supreme soil and organicus nutes with canna bio-booster. Cheers folks

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dantheman For This Useful Post:

AND (05-04-19), Bin man (13-04-19), CityDweller (11-06-19), gardro (05-04-19), jake420 (18-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,927 Times

Not familiar with all those nutes but if they are organic then shouldnt have a problem. Ive flushed and not flushed and couldnt tell any difference to be fair.

Nice to get a bit of yellowing though come harvest. Just makes em look ready :-)
    Current grow: Cindy jocks & Royal Dwaft

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ery-Auto-Diary

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

AND (05-04-19), CityDweller (11-06-19), gardro (05-04-19), Kurdt (05-04-19), Valentina (05-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

You don't have to flush but I do, yellow leaves are what you want before chop, force plant to use the stored nutes

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Bin man (13-04-19), CityDweller (11-06-19), gardro (05-04-19), Kurdt (05-04-19), UpT0wn (05-04-19), Valentina (05-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

I dont understand the whole organic vs non organic flushing thing.

Plants use basic elements NPK etc which are either directly fed to roots from minerals OR obtained from the decomposition of organic matter. You dont get cow shit flowing around the veins do you? You'd definitely want to flush that lol.

What's a synthetic nutrient exactly?

Nitrogen is nitrogen i guess is what im saying. No such thing as "organic" Nitrogen in this context.

Would love to understand what the difference is or is it a myth?

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Bin man (13-04-19), CityDweller (11-06-19), IceCalibur (05-04-19), Squaggy (05-04-19), Valentina (05-04-19)

9. Default

I'd agree with gardro on this..

No matter what, if I grow in organic soil with organic nutrients I still want to 'flush' as much of these nutrients as possible, I really do believe that for me it translates into a smoother smoke/vape..not because it's detrimental to not do so.

Even when I grow outdoors and have used organic feeds, some of them in the instructions even say to stop with feeds a week or two before harvest with my tomatoes for example.

I'm not saying it's fact, or that it's 100% backed with scientific evidence, however it's a habit I've formed over the many years and do it with all my plants and ones that I eat too.

I guess it comes down to what you want to do, what's your personal preference?..everyone has their own way and as long as your happy that's all that matters

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-06-19), gardro (05-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,313 Times

With synthetic nutrients you're force feeding your plants whether they need or not.

With a well balanced organic soil your plant will dictate what it wants.

Thats why you hear the organic growers not flushing. Would you flush your garden vegetables grown in compost?

Sent from space

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-06-19), gardro (05-04-19), Valentina (05-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    I'd agree with gardro on this..

No matter what, if I grow in organic soil with organic nutrients I still want to 'flush' as much of these nutrients as possible, I really do believe that for me it translates into a smoother smoke/vape..not because it's detrimental to not do so.

Even when I grow outdoors and have used organic feeds, some of them in the instructions even say to stop with feeds a week or two before harvest with my tomatoes for example.

I'm not saying it's fact, or that it's 100% backed with scientific evidence, however it's a habit I've formed over the many years and do it with all my plants and ones that I eat too.

I guess it comes down to what you want to do, what's your personal preference?..everyone has their own way and as long as your happy that's all that matters
    Thats my thoughts too and would love a definitive reason. Searched the forums and mainly its just opinion coming up. Love building my own know how so when a newbie asks, I can tell them why which is the very best way to learn imho

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-06-19), Erby (05-04-19), IceCalibur (05-04-19), UpT0wn (05-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sourshoes View Post
    With synthetic nutrients you're force feeding your plants whether they need or not.

With a well balanced organic soil your plant will dictate what it wants.

Thats why you hear the organic growers not flushing. Would you flush your garden vegetables grown in compost?

Sent from space
    With a low tapering EC, im not sure you are forcing feed? Ive seen toxic fed organic grows too.

What is it being flushed exactly in organic/garden/coco etc?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Thats my thoughts too and would love a definitive reason. Searched the forums and mainly its just opinion coming up. Love building my own know how so when a newbie asks, I can tell them why which is the very best way to learn imho
    Sourshoes explains it well above.

But regardless, organic or synthetic, why not allow the plant to feed itself from the leaves for the last few weeks? We know this works as the leaves yellow and buds finish developing.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

gardro (05-04-19), Valentina (05-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    With a low tapering EC, im not sure you are forcing feed? Ive seen toxic fed organic grows too.

What is it being flushed exactly in organic/garden/coco etc?
    Flushing the built up nutes out of the medium so the plant looks to the leaves for food.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

gardro (05-04-19), Valentina (14-04-19)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast