Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Flushing in organic

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Flushing the built up nutes out of the medium so the plant looks to the leaves for food.
    Absolutely so how is that different between mineral and organic?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-06-19), Valentina (14-04-19)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sourshoes View Post
    With synthetic nutrients you're force feeding your plants whether they need or not.

With a well balanced organic soil your plant will dictate what it wants.

Thats why you hear the organic growers not flushing. Would you flush your garden vegetables grown in compost?

Sent from space
    When I used to grow using compost, I would add my home made compost in small amounts to a larger soil medium..the nutrients in the compost would run out way before harvest.

As said I don't feel it's detrimental health wise not to when growing indoors, however for me personally..I have found my own results to show that if I flush even with organic feed, I get a smoother smoke..everyones is different and has their own way though

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-06-19), gardro (05-04-19), Valentina (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,313 Times

If you research something called root exudates you'll have a better understanding how plants feed naturally. I dont habe a strong enough grasp on it to explain it well enough.

The key is a balanced soil, you can definitely fry a plant overdoing organic ammendments.

Sent from space

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-06-19), gardro (05-04-19), IceCalibur (05-04-19), Valentina (05-04-19)

Thanks

If you research something called root exudates you'll have a better understanding how plants feed naturally. I dont habe a strong enough grasp on it to explain it well enough.

The key is a balanced soil, you can definitely fry a plant overdoing organic ammendments.

Sent from space
    Ok thanks will check that out. If anything it seems much harder to remove physical slow releasing organic material than a salt but i hope to understand further. It must be a symbiosis thing but then we are assuming that a plant wont overfeed by itself, which it will.

Im using endomycorrhizal bacteria in a bath of salty coco and they love the relationship too.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    With a low tapering EC, im not sure you are forcing feed? Ive seen toxic fed organic grows too.

What is it being flushed exactly in organic/garden/coco etc?
    Youre still force feed just at an appropriate level. My underdstanding is the flush forces the plant to use up all the stored nutrients.

Another thing to consider is not all elements are mobile.. Something else fun to explore and expand your knowledge.

Sent from space

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

11. Default

Sent from space
    Absolutely agree, many think it's not possible to burn plants using organic...I've even seen documentation on products claiming that since they are completely organic, that their product can be used as much as the consumer would like as it's 'impossible to overdose'

..of course, they want us the consumer to use and purchase as much as their product as possible.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-06-19), Valentina (05-04-19)

Thanks

Youre still force feed just at an appropriate level. My underdstanding is the flush forces the plant to use up all the stored nutrients.

Another thing to consider is not all elements are mobile.. Something else fun to explore and expand your knowledge.

Sent from space
    Thanks mate but those things are common to both organic and mineral.

Available immobile iron for example is EXACTLY the same in a chemical bottle or from the breaking down of some bones or whatever. The plant sees the same.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Absolutely so how is that different between mineral and organic?
    Beyond me. But I also feel like flushed weed is smoother. Could be all in my head.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

gardro (05-04-19), IceCalibur (05-04-19), Valentina (14-04-19)

Thanks

Ok thanks will check that out. If anything it seems much harder to remove physical slow releasing organic material than a salt but i hope to understand further. It must be a symbiosis thing but then we are assuming that a plant wont overfeed by itself, which it will.

Im using endomycorrhizal bacteria in a bath of salty coco and they love the relationship too.
    I agree. Balanced soil is key and this isn't an issue. I wish I understood this more.. Its complex and I only have a basic understanding at this point.

Sent from space

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Beyond me. But I also feel like flushed weed is smoother. Could be all in my head.
    We will get there. Im a flusher too

Just dont like saying something is just because it is. Im a knowledge whore

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast