Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Flushing in organic

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sourshoes View Post
    I agree. Balanced soil is key and this isn't an issue. I wish I understood this more.. Its complex and I only have a basic understanding at this point.

Sent from space
    Well im sure we will get there. Organic to me means free from pesticides and poisons etc which i get as a great selling point. But they way some go on, its like its NPK free lol

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-06-19), GEORGE (05-04-19), IceCalibur (05-04-19), Valentina (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,313 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Thanks mate but those things are common to both organic and mineral.

Available immobile iron for example is EXACTLY the same in a chemical bottle or from the breaking down of some bones or whatever. The plant sees the same.
    I agree. I think its much harder to get an excess of any elements if you're disciplined and use appropriate amount of ammendments in organic soil which is why most won't flush.

I'll add though, liquid organic fertilizer is a different beast. That is much easier to burn your plants with and get a build up.

Im loving this discussion btw. I think we should all be challenging what's been accepted as truth.

Sent from space

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

gardro (05-04-19), GEORGE (05-04-19), IceCalibur (05-04-19), Valentina (14-04-19)

5. Default

We will get there. Im a flusher too

Just dont like saying something is just because it is. Im a knowledge whore
    I think it's one of those that hasn't had anything concrete on both sides, which is why theirs still very much debate on the subject, so until we actually have something concrete to show us with no doubt which way is the 'correct way' or scientifically proven better 'way'..we can strive to find the anwser, until then it comes down to personal preference

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

gardro (05-04-19), GEORGE (05-04-19), Valentina (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

I agree. I think its much harder to get an excess of any elements if you're disciplined and use appropriate amount of ammendments in organic soil which is why most won't flush.

I'll add though, liquid organic fertilizer is a different beast. That is much easier to burn your plants with and get a build up.

Im loving this discussion btw. I think we should all be challenging what's been accepted as truth.

Sent from space
    I really want to try a side by side auto grow. One started in seedling pot and potted up and other started in finish pot.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

gardro (05-04-19), GEORGE (05-04-19), IceCalibur (05-04-19), Valentina (14-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    I think it's one of those that hasn't had anything concrete on both sides, which is why theirs still very much debate on the subject, so until we actually have something concrete to show us with no doubt which way is the 'correct way' or scientifically proven better 'way'..we can strive to find the anwser, until then it comes down to personal preference
    Im sure theres tons of scientists among us and wider that can nail an answer. Im never subjective when i thrash these things out. The objective is why is there a belief that organics dont need flushing. Not which is best.

You could have same debate about lighting lets say but lets not go there.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-19), IceCalibur (05-04-19), Valentina (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,313 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    I really want to try a side by side auto grow. One started in seedling pot and potted up and other started in finish pot.
    Please do.

Seems unlikely a single transplant done with care would slow down a plant. I habe transplanted a ton of veggie starts into bigger containers and depending on timing some stalled and others dodnt skip a beat.

Sent from space

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Please do.

Seems unlikely a single transplant done with care would slow down a plant. I habe transplanted a ton of veggie starts into bigger containers and depending on timing some stalled and others dodnt skip a beat.

Sent from space
    Exactly. But if you want to grow autos in a large pot it takes too long for them to find their legs. Might help to get some roots first.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

gardro (05-04-19), GEORGE (05-04-19), Valentina (14-04-19)

Thanks

Citydweller busting myths since 2019

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-19), UpT0wn (05-04-19), Valentina (14-04-19)

Thanks

Citydweller busting myths since 2019
    2018. Transplanting mid flower to save a yellowing plant works with both photos and autos and increases yield!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

gardro (05-04-19), GEORGE (05-04-19), UpT0wn (05-04-19)

Thanks

2018. Transplanting mid flower to save a yellowing plant works with both photos and autos and increases yield!
    Just busted my 2019 myth lol

20. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-19)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast