Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Flushing in organic

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sourshoes View Post
    Synthetic nutrients are available to the plant immediately, organic material is not.

Once the plant uptakes it, it's the same. But the issue is flushing in organic vs non organic and you cant simply wash away organic material, but you can wash away salts (synthetic nutrients) from the medium.

Sent from space
    I agree with you on the first paragraph. This is why I use synthetics for a mug or Pepsi bottle. Makes it easy.

The 2nd paragraph is where I disagree. I have grow both ways many times. The organic tastes and smokes better to me. Again, could just all be in my head but there are so many people that agree with me that there is a chance we are right. Goes back to my personal consumption examples.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

British green (06-04-19), GEORGE (06-04-19), IceCalibur (06-04-19), Valentina (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    I don't know how in the hell any one would know the answer to all these question, after smoking you are usually so fuck up, you don't think much of anything, but how stone you are.
    Yeah. Staring at my spinning LED wondering how to stop it from spinning is a lot more fun.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-04-19), Valentina (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Yeah. Staring at my spinning LED wondering how to stop it from spinning is a lot more fun.
    That could be a new way of spreading your light around.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

IceCalibur (06-04-19), Valentina (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

It would be good to hear some anecdotal evidence here, has anyone not flushed and seen a difference?

Its my understanding that you flush to reset pH and you 'water only' towards the end of the grow to starve the plant as best as you can?

Am I missing something here?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

gardro (06-04-19), GEORGE (06-04-19), Valentina (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    I don't know how in the hell any one would know the answer to all these question, after smoking you are usually so fuck up, you don't think much of anything, but how stone you are.
    Try some Cindy Jock if you ever get chance Hotshot shes a real brain motivator

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Gaz (06-04-19), GEORGE (06-04-19), Valentina (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,313 Times

I agree with you on the first paragraph. This is why I use synthetics for a mug or Pepsi bottle. Makes it easy.

The 2nd paragraph is where I disagree. I have grow both ways many times. The organic tastes and smokes better to me. Again, could just all be in my head but there are so many people that agree with me that there is a chance we are right. Goes back to my personal consumption examples.
    I didnt say the end product was the same

In a living soil the plant gets what it needs when it needs it (provided its available). With synthetics we're hoping to get it right which is why the end product is usually regarded as higher quality in organics. If we were mastered of mixing mineral salts and knew exactly what the plant needed and when we might be having a different conversation... But living soil is so much easier in my very limited experience.

Sent from space

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

gardro (06-04-19), Gaz (06-04-19), GEORGE (06-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sourshoes View Post
    I didnt say the end product was the same

In a living soil the plant gets what it needs when it needs it (provided its available). With synthetics we're hoping to get it right which is why the end product is usually regarded as higher quality in organics. If we were mastered of mixing mineral salts and knew exactly what the plant needed and when we might be having a different conversation... But living soil is so much easier in my very limited experience.

Sent from space
    100% mate

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

That all makes sense but does not address Gardros original question. How does an organic nutrient effect the plant differently than a synthetic? Once the plant converts it to usuable food is N not N? A bit stonned. May have just butchered his original question lol.
    That's the crooks of it City. I dont smoke the medium i smoke the buds and they have exactly the same NPK ions flowing through them

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Gaz (06-04-19), GEORGE (06-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,313 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    That's the crooks of it City. I dont smoke the medium i smoke the buds and they have exactly the same NPK ions flowing through them
    But do they have the same micronutrients and trace minerals the way nature intended?

Not trying to argue either, I'm trying to figure that out at well.

Sent from space

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

gardro (06-04-19), Gaz (06-04-19), GEORGE (06-04-19), Valentina (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

All I can say, the first time I grew in Organic, and pick out A bottom bud, for testing before harvest, or flushing, It smoke really well with long White Ash. I was kind of surprise. I was sharing a joint with my nephew, and I was telling him that it might be a little hard to smoke and might be A little harust as well, but when I lit it up, it just draw down and left the long white Ash, and this kind of stun me at the time. So instead of flushing that plant, I just pull her and started her drying process. But I do Flush now, just for the hell of it. also because of something (Val) said about starting the soil over right again.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

British green (06-04-19), IceCalibur (06-04-19), Valentina (14-04-19)

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast