Thread: do they effect dab radio

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

Default do they effect dab radio

entirely new thing to me but have just bought a dab radio and my led panels and also my hps through a digital/dimmable completely kill the dan signal when switched on,my cmh315 however has no effect at all.

wondering if youre up on this and do your panels do the same,is it a common occurrance using led?...digital wotsits ?

is there anyway to combat this effect in general ?

cheers.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

AND (05-04-19), GEORGE (06-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    entirely new thing to me but have just bought a dab radio and my led panels and also my hps through a digital/dimmable completely kill the dan signal when switched on,my cmh315 however has no effect at all.

wondering if youre up on this and do your panels do the same,is it a common occurrance using led?...digital wotsits ?

is there anyway to combat this effect in general ?

cheers.
    Does your led / cmh and dab for that matter come with a CE mark?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

yeah,they seem legit makes,omega hps unit,viparspectres are chinese so its an unknown wether its legit and cmh is a mercun one ,but again i reckon all of it is originally made in china wether it be the whole units or the actual parts themselves.

wierd innit ..have to just use the cmh for now i guess and move grow tent after chop time further away from my bedroom bit,somehow..

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Thanks

yeah,they seem legit makes,omega hps unit,viparspectres are chinese so its an unknown wether its legit and cmh is a mercun one ,but again i reckon all of it is originally made in china wether it be the whole units or the actual parts themselves.

wierd innit ..have to just use the cmh for now i guess and move grow tent after chop time further away from my bedroom bit,somehow..
    If they interfere its due to poor shielding and bad electromagnetic compatibility.

Is the dab signal strong in your area? At least you dont get white noise with a digital signal.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

AND (05-04-19), GEORGE (06-04-19), ggotch (05-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,190 Times

what Gardo said.

invisible sun boards are compliant and wont interfere, that we can assure you.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Invisible_Sun For This Useful Post:

AND (05-04-19), GEORGE (06-04-19), ggotch (05-04-19)

Thanks

turns out pretty much everything i own thats got electric string in it kills the dab signal lmfao,even my mistmaker kills it ,and also my ecig when its charging makes the dab "crackly".....what a crock of shite dab is eh.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

AND (14-04-19), gardro (14-04-19), Subterranean Man (14-04-19)

Thanks

turns out pretty much everything i own thats got electric string in it kills the dab signal lmfao,even my mistmaker kills it ,and also my ecig when its charging makes the dab "crackly".....what a crock of shite dab is eh.
    When you live in Sellafield its just one of those things, no?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

AND (14-04-19), British green (14-04-19), ggotch (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,392 Times

What about fitting an aerial for DAB ? Either in the loft or external , of course would depend if you had an input on the DAB for external aerial

DAB operates in the low frequency band (III)220 MHz upwards in the UK .its Worth checking the manual of your hardware and see what operating frequency it says it is.

Another workaround could be if your kit has a line input or Bluetooth. Then just hook your phone/whatever up to it and use the radio stations APP thus negating the requirement to use the “Air” side of the DAB

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Subterranean Man For This Useful Post:

AND (14-04-19), gardro (14-04-19), ggotch (14-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean Man View Post
    What about fitting an aerial for DAB ? Either in the loft or external , of course would depend if you had an input on the DAB for external aerial

DAB operates in the low frequency band (III)220 MHz upwards in the UK .its Worth checking the manual of your hardware and see what operating frequency it says it is.

Another workaround could be if your kit has a line input or Bluetooth. Then just hook your phone/whatever up to it and use the radio stations APP thus negating the requirement to use the “Air” side of the DAB
    people like me can only ever dream of having a loft,,or a basement come to that

dab thing has bluetooth but it only seems to be "in" so not much use to anyone.
    cant complain,it was cheeep ,now i know why :chuckle:

cheers chaps.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

gardro (14-04-19), Subterranean Man (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,392 Times

people like me can only ever dream of having a loft,,or a basement come to that

dab thing has bluetooth but it only seems to be "in" so not much use to anyone.
    cant complain,it was cheeep ,now i know why :chuckle:

cheers chaps.
    Ah the under utilised basement of mine . Tbh I’ve been so rammed with work since January it’s mental....

Doing a big clear out in a couple of weeks , so we should be on the grow again in the summer

If it’s got Bluetooth in just try n pair it with your phone or see if your phone “sees” it

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Subterranean Man For This Useful Post:

gardro (14-04-19), ggotch (14-04-19)