Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Stealth grow cabinet

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,948 Times

Default Stealth grow cabinet

Hey everybody I’m feeling artsy and decided to turn my old cabinet into a seedling/early veg tent. I’m planning on adding a 300w CFL and reflector, some PC fans on the walls for air circulation and I’ve pre-cut a hole in the side for my digital hygrometer and thermometer for easy access but I’m stuck on one thing.... what material should I line the inside with, my first idea was just shit loads of thick tin foil but then I realised that would crank up the heat like crazy. A friend of mine who turned his cupboard into a grow used reflective Mylar (which I’m pretty sure is what goes into tents) but is there anything better/cheaper? Like could I just paint the inside white? I don’t want to lose too much light reflectivity just trying to save a few quid once....
    so if anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

Gaz (06-04-19), GEORGE (06-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,779 Times

What size are you playing with?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Gaz (06-04-19), GEORGE (06-04-19), Itslittyofc (06-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    What size are you playing with?
    I can’t find my tape measure at the minute, but using the measure app it’s showing at 1x2x2ft

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,779 Times

That's gonna be tight!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Gaz (06-04-19), GEORGE (06-04-19), Itslittyofc (06-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    That's gonna be tight!
    I’m pretty sure it’s bigger than that mate, but at least it’s a minimum to go off... I’d say it’s more 1.5x2x3 but I can’t be exactly sure till I remember where I was pottering around when I last used the tape measure lol

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

Gaz (06-04-19), GEORGE (06-04-19), M_C (06-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Painting white is as good as mylar mate, I. Used diamond diffuse. Mylar but only coz I couldnt wait for paint drying lol

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-04-19), Itslittyofc (06-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Painting white is as good as mylar mate, I. Used diamond diffuse. Mylar but only coz I couldnt wait for paint drying lol
    Lol fair enough mate, I mean if I cared about being able to take everything out and it still look like a cabinet then I guess I’d have to go with Mylar but I honestly might just slap some paint in there although it might be a little harder to clean

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Itslittyofc View Post
    Lol fair enough mate, I mean if I cared about being able to take everything out and it still look like a cabinet then I guess I’d have to go with Mylar but I honestly might just slap some paint in there although it might be a little harder to clean

Lol fair play mate, white matt I believe is best but check on google/you tube.

I have built 2 cabs mate so if you need any help then shoot me a PM. Not saying Im any good at it but Ive learnt tons lol.

I have a thread for building my 2nd cab is you wanna see what I did. The carbon filter I built works nicely lol..... So far anyway.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Lol fair play mate, white matt I believe is best but check on google/you tube.

I have built 2 cabs mate so if you need any help then shoot me a PM. Not saying Im any good at it but Ive learnt tons lol.

I have a thread for building my 2nd cab is you wanna see what I did. The carbon filter I built works nicely lol..... So far anyway.
    Cheers mate, that’s tonight’s reading sorted lol.

I’ve never built anything like this before mate, so I’ll probably have a few questions I was going to use it when I first started but sprung for the tent instead. Not sure if I’ll be able to fit a carbon filter in there, I’ve got a huge one bigger than my waist here somewhere for my tent but I don’t use it because the area I’m in always stinks of bud and did way before I started growing so smell isn’t really a problem. Especially if I’m only having some seedlings in it and early veg, then I’ll move em to a veg tent I’ve recently acquired then from that to my flowering tent... hopefully start a perpetual grow, although how well that will end I’m not sure lmao

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This is everything I did start to finish on the bigger box and there's stuff on the smaller cab dotted about somewhere in the DIY section.

Hope this helps

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...grow-box-build

The build starts from. Page 9.the rest before is. Planning and gardo specifying the light requirements ect
    Last edited by Gaz; 06-04-19 at 05:34 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast