Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Controller for TD silent

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 374 Times in 92 Posts

    Default Controller for TD silent

    Afternoon all

    I hate to be the guy who asks the question that's been answered somewhere already but I have been looking for an answer.

    I've just got a td silent 250/100, before I wire it up, I wanted to get a suitable speed controller for it.
    I've seen numerous ones suggested, but which specific one would be the best?

    Thanks for now

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .Nixon. For This Useful Post:

    gardro (06-04-19), hotshot (06-04-19)

  3. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    7,654
    Thanks
    20,063
    Thanked 29,050 Times in 7,318 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .Nixon. View Post
    Afternoon all

    I hate to be the guy who asks the question that's been answered somewhere already but I have been looking for an answer.

    I've just got a td silent 250/100, before I wire it up, I wanted to get a suitable speed controller for it.
    I've seen numerous ones suggested, but which specific one would be the best?

    Thanks for now

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Ive taken this from the manufacturer. It says single phase electronic control so almost any fan controller will do. What budget do you have to spend on one?

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

    .Nixon. (06-04-19), AND (06-04-19), hotshot (06-04-19)

  5. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 374 Times in 92 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for that gardro, I had seen that but was still unsure which exact model would work. Variac was the one I kept coming back to, which ampage would be suitable?
    Budget is whatever will do the job

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .Nixon. For This Useful Post:

    gardro (06-04-19), hotshot (06-04-19)

  7. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    7,654
    Thanks
    20,063
    Thanked 29,050 Times in 7,318 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .Nixon. View Post
    Thanks for that gardro, I had seen that but was still unsure which exact model would work. Variac was the one I kept coming back to, which ampage would be suitable?
    Budget is whatever will do the job

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Variac is good, i checked just in case you wanted a cheapo electronic controller.

    These draw little current so a small 2A will be fine.

    You can get a manual one for 50-70 gbp. You will need to adjust the speed to one of 5 speeds yourself.

    If you want one to regulate a set temperature automatically, search for smscom hybrid fan controller. That will be the gold standard and as quiet as your fan. The small 4a will be good for you.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

    .Nixon. (06-04-19), AND (06-04-19), hotshot (06-04-19)

  9. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    49,344
    Thanks
    130,093
    Thanked 135,006 Times in 39,477 Posts

    Default

    Moved to ventilation...
    “Faith moves mountains, but only knowledge moves them to the right place...”

    (Joseph Goebbels)

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (06-04-19)

  11. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    small plantation outside kingston jamaica
    Posts
    875
    Thanks
    585
    Thanked 827 Times in 442 Posts

    Default

    I used a Xpelair WAC-1 fan controller for my TD silent. Was a great match after much researching. Worked like a charm with no hum.


    New PC Build coming soon

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to jumpman233345 For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (18-04-19)

  13. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 374 Times in 92 Posts

    Default

    Afternoon all, thought I'd just post back.
    I decided on the str 1-1.5 fantronix controller, I wired it up to my TD silent last night, and have to say it's pretty impressive. Even on #5 the fan is ultra quiet, dropping down to #3 you'd think your power was off.

    Thanks all for the suggestions


    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .Nixon. For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (18-04-19), M_C (18-04-19)

  15. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    7,654
    Thanks
    20,063
    Thanked 29,050 Times in 7,318 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .Nixon. View Post
    Afternoon all, thought I'd just post back.
    I decided on the str 1-1.5 fantronix controller, I wired it up to my TD silent last night, and have to say it's pretty impressive. Even on #5 the fan is ultra quiet, dropping down to #3 you'd think your power was off.

    Thanks all for the suggestions


    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Good manual controller

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (18-04-19)

  17. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 374 Times in 92 Posts

    Default

    I don't doubt a few more grows down the line ,I'll upgrade to the Eco-technics or similar all in one unit, but for now, I can sit the tent at 26 degrees with the fantronix and passive intakes. Another 35°c summer and I may have a rethink tho

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to .Nixon. For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (18-04-19)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quebec Cannabis Seeds

Bonza Seeds - Over 2000 Strains!     |     25% off Cannabis Seeds at Dr Chronic     |     GYO Seedbank     |     www.alibongocannabisseeds.co.uk

THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK