Thread: Any Ideas to stop light showing in window from outside cheers

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,260 Times

Default Any Ideas to stop light showing in window from outside cheers

I have tried using a thick dark piece of underlay that works great but it shows at the top of the window, i need something that isn’t obvious from the inside too for when anybody goes in the room hence the growdrobe i’m using
    Thanks for reading and any help you can give

2. The Following User Says Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Quote Originally Posted by skunkblast View Post
    I have tried using a thick dark piece of underlay that works great but it shows at the top of the window, i need something that isn’t obvious from the inside too for when anybody goes in the room hence the growdrobe i’m using
    Thanks for reading and any help you can give
    Fit a roller blind but have it drop down between 2 pieces of wood, one either side. If you secure it to the wall itll stop any light getting down the sides

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-19), Ironman (08-04-19), scorpion (08-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

I agree with Wf420 ^^^^^^^^

For a quick fix, get a spray bottle with clean water. Mist the glass lightly and cover each panel of glass with tin foil. Once the foil is covering the glass, trim off any excess foil and smooth it to the glass.

This will stay stuck to the glass for upto 6 months or until you pull it off.

Works a treat and completely blacks it out, I fit blinds for a living and I do this for mothers with babies while they wait for their roller blinds to be made.

Sent from Thames Iron works

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

British green (08-04-19), GEORGE (08-04-19), Herbitual (08-04-19), IceCalibur (08-04-19), scorpion (08-04-19)

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    I agree with Wf420 ^^^^^^^^

For a quick fix, get a spray bottle with clean water. Mist the glass lightly and cover each panel of glass with tin foil. Once the foil is covering the glass, trim off any excess foil and smooth it to the glass.

This will stay stuck to the glass for upto 6 months or until you pull it off.

Works a treat and completely blacks it out, I fit blinds for a living and I do this for mothers with babies while they wait for their roller blinds to be made.

Sent from Thames Iron works
    Fantastic tip Ironman, I need one small window blacking out and I was looking into the one way mirror type films, but heard that although they work fantastically during the day, they are completely see through at night time (make sense)..so tin foil it is !..nice and cheap too

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-19), Ironman (08-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,260 Times

thanks peeps some good ideas to consider, at the minute i'm trying to do it so it wont look dodgy from the inside to electricians, gasman etc if anybody has anymore ideas i would appreciate it, i might just use cardboard and just put it up when i need to feed them or check on them then take it down
    cheers

10. The Following User Says Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-04-19)