Thread: Back To Black: Why Consumers Are Staying Loyal To The Illicit Cannabis Market

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,499 Times

Default Back To Black: Why Consumers Are Staying Loyal To The Illicit Cannabis Market

Interesting article from High Times. A lot of people would think, that legalizing cannabis kills the black market...

Jake Heraty, a student at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco, had a liver transplant at only six-months-old and survived hepatoblastoma, a rare cancerous tumor that develops in the liver. Heraty uses cannabis to alleviate chronic pain resulting from his surgery. It’s extremely difficult for college students (or anyone not making $150,000 a year) to survive in San Francisco, and Heraty can barely afford the medicinal marijuana he needs.

“I don’t like purchasing from the streets,” Heraty tells High Times. “I’d prefer to go to a store and pick out just what I want. You know? But when you have to pay an extra 15 percent in taxes, there’s really no questions. I just can’t afford to throw down 20 extra dollars so the state can get their share of the cannabis market. That extra tax is my dinner.”
    https://hightimes.com/news/legalizat...nnabis-market/

Jacob

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LondonSeedCentre For This Useful Post:

CaptainChronic (07-04-19), GEORGE (08-04-19), jumpman233345 (07-04-19), M_C (07-04-19), toblue (08-04-19), Valentina (09-04-19)