Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaz builds an igloo ;)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,068 Times

Air in from the coldest side of the house. Air out on the hottest too helped me loads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

AND (16-04-19), British green (13-04-19), Gaz (13-04-19), GEORGE (13-04-19), Valentina (13-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Check my thread gasmans loft groom diy bro I’m in the sane space as you. I’ll be making it into a diamond after this grow. I’ve got boxed rvk 8” a1 for Intake and l1 for extract. On an Sms hybrid. Kingspan insulation round it all. It’s been great for me so far. I’d extend the ring from the landing if you can though mate rather than running extension. Fish two wires down and extend your main. It’s not hard if you’ve done a bit before. There’s plenty online. It’s surprising how many sockets you need when you get going.

I have read your thread mate and your groom is awesome, Im gonna stick with the plasterboard and rockwool as per BG's advice but reading your build was helpful.
    Im only running very low watts lights so a surge protected extension will probably be ok. Im really not keen on touching my house electrics and would need a sparky lol.

I will check out your extraction mate mate, how noisy is it and how much for just the extraction and CF and controller? I am going to just have a passive intake so wont need the a1

Thanks for your help mate
    Last edited by Gaz; 13-04-19 at 02:32 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

AND (16-04-19), British green (13-04-19), GasMan (13-04-19), GEORGE (13-04-19)

Thanks

Air in from the coldest side of the house. Air out on the hottest too helped me loads

Nice one

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

AND (16-04-19), British green (13-04-19), GasMan (13-04-19), GEORGE (13-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Default Going in the loft, extraction suggestion please

This is a half decent fan controller. It's just a basic controller . Set temp and minimum speed . Plug fan in if temps increase so does the speed of the fan , temps drop fan speed drops but not lower than the minimum speed.
    You really want the one with the probe

in a green and pleasant land
    Last edited by British green; 13-04-19 at 03:06 PM.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

AND (16-04-19), curiouscultivator (13-04-19), Gaz (13-04-19), GEORGE (13-04-19), IceCalibur (13-04-19), Valentina (10-02-20), WF420 (13-04-19)

Thanks

Thats pretty sweet for 40 quid man thanks mate Ill come back to that when its time to buy

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

AND (16-04-19), British green (13-04-19), GEORGE (13-04-19), IceCalibur (13-04-19), Valentina (10-02-20), WF420 (13-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    I have read your thread mate and your groom is awesome, Im gonna stick with the plasterboard and rockwool as per BG's advice but reading your build was helpful.
    Im only running very low watts lights so a surge protected extension will probably be ok. Im really not keen on touching my house electrics and would need a sparky lol.

I will check out your extraction mate mate, how noisy is it and how much for just the extraction and CF and controller? I am going to just have a passive intake so wont need the a1

Thanks for your help mate
    Yeah I’m not saying to go one way or another mate just giving you an example of what is working for me. The reason I extended was because I went for a light outside the groom, and then res with bubbler and pump, auto run off with pump and then fans to circulate so was an extra 5 plugs plus 2 600w surging on at 9am haha.

My extraction isn’t that noisy at all. I’ve had temps of 26 up there steady so far and noise is minimal but my l1 has 3 cans of expanding foam round it and the a1 has two. The A1 is louder so if your boxing them like I have I’d go way ott like I did with the extract. I haven’t heard a tornado but I can’t imagine there’d be much in it. I’m super paranoid about noise but it’s keeping me sane.

Make sure you get some charcoal filter or something to filter the intake for bugs and other shit it may pull in though I used blauberg ducts so I could jubilee clip everything I needed and it’s neat and well sealed.

The l1 cost me 100 quid I had the a1 second hand for 40 the Sms I had second hand off eBay for 100 and the filter is a Carboair 50 500x200 which was around 130 so around 400 all in but well worth it my temps are spot on at the minute even with the sun beaming down on the roof

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

AND (16-04-19), Gaz (13-04-19), GEORGE (13-04-19)

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    This is a half decent fan controller. It's just a basic controller . Set temp and minimum speed . Plug fan in if temps increase so does the speed of the fan , temps drop fan speed drops but not lower than the minimum speed.
    You really want the one with the probe

in a green and pleasant land
    That is an excellent little gadget, I should imagine can save money on the electricity bill too given the right conditions, added to my ever growing list of things to buy!!..on the plus side it's quite cheap for what it's capable of, thanks for sharing British green.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

AND (16-04-19), British green (13-04-19), Gaz (13-04-19), GEORGE (13-04-19), Valentina (10-02-20)

Thanks

Yeah I’m not saying to go one way or another mate just giving you an example of what is working for me. The reason I extended was because I went for a light outside the groom, and then res with bubbler and pump, auto run off with pump and then fans to circulate so was an extra 5 plugs plus 2 600w surging on at 9am haha.

My extraction isn’t that noisy at all. I’ve had temps of 26 up there steady so far and noise is minimal but my l1 has 3 cans of expanding foam round it and the a1 has two. The A1 is louder so if your boxing them like I have I’d go way ott like I did with the extract. I haven’t heard a tornado but I can’t imagine there’d be much in it. I’m super paranoid about noise but it’s keeping me sane.

Make sure you get some charcoal filter or something to filter the intake for bugs and other shit it may pull in though I used blauberg ducts so I could jubilee clip everything I needed and it’s neat and well sealed.

The l1 cost me 100 quid I had the a1 second hand for 40 the Sms I had second hand off eBay for 100 and the filter is a Carboair 50 500x200 which was around 130 so around 400 all in but well worth it my temps are spot on at the minute even with the sun beaming down on the roof

Cheers mate, really appreciate the help

Im gonna box the extraction fan with rockwool as BG suggested I think as its a fire retardant . Deffo love your room mate really excellent

Cant wait to get started on mine but its gotta wait until the start of May before I start work. Need to really look at budgets vs efficiency ect with everything as money is deffo an object lol.

Im spending next to nothing on lighting as I have it already, just need 1 new driver thats like. 35 quid, if memory serves from buying the other one I have.

Loft ladder is an unavoidable expense and then building materials so if Im not carefull I will run out of money before its finished lol.

The extraction has to be quiet as Im in a semi and the block wall separates me n the neighbours and the CF has to be spot on but stuff like the controller for 40 quid is excellent. If I could do the airflow for 250 that would be great but I know that may not be possible
    Last edited by Gaz; 13-04-19 at 05:17 PM.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

AND (16-04-19), British green (13-04-19), curiouscultivator (13-04-19), GEORGE (13-04-19), WF420 (13-04-19)

Thanks

Thanks again BG for the controller advice man thats deffo in budget for me

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

AND (16-04-19), British green (13-04-19), GEORGE (13-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Cheers mate, really appreciate the help

Im gonna box the extraction fan with rockwool as BG suggested I think as its a fire retardant . Deffo love your room mate really excellent

Cant wait to get started on mine but its gotta wait until the start of May before I start work. Need to really look at budgets vs efficiency ect with everything as money is deffo an object lol.

Im spending next to nothing on lighting as I have it already, just need 1 new driver thats like. 35 quid, if memory serves from buying the other one I have.

Loft ladder is an unavoidable expense and then building materials so if Im not carefull I will run out of money before its finished lol.

The extraction has to be quiet as Im in a semi and the block wall separates me n the neighbours and the CF has to be spot on but stuff like the controller for 40 quid is excellent. If I could do the airflow for 250 that would be great but I know that may not be possible
    I found the rock wool around my l1 was way too loud. That’s why I went for the more permanent acoustic foam. That’s also b2 fire retardant. Up to 4 hours it says on the tin. I’ve got loads of rockwool up there over the sides, I bought a roll to use for the fans and now it’s laying on the sides with the rest haha. Waiting to itch my ankles when I go up in shorts. I’d say you’ll be a lot more satisfied growing up there. 10 ounces over 1 oz gets my vote all day long haha. I’d deffo do it into a diamond shape tho at least on one side so you can get in to tuck and scrog with ease. That’s my 2p

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

AND (16-04-19), British green (13-04-19), curiouscultivator (13-04-19), Gaz (13-04-19), GEORGE (13-04-19)

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast